Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If PBC had belts would you respect / acknowlege them over the Alpphabet titles?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Bumped, for the new posters.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
        nope, that would be just another worthless title

" titles "..... are just opinions

opinions are like azzholes, everyone has one

the worst problem within boxing is the fact that we have multiple sanctioning bodies, but it would take something special to fix it

you are definitely onto something, but I think it is too late

because I am aware that is the problem, a potential solution has been obvious for some time.....

an organisation would have to literally buy the existing belts from the fighters and burn them, contracting the champions (and most of the top10 in each division) to the new organisation..... which would take a considerable financial commitment

a partnership between Haymon and Hoya, using The Ring as the governing body, would likely be the only conceivable option that I could imagine of late..... but, highly unlikely

they would have to get at least the 2 major boxing commissions on board (likely as overseer's)..... they would have to notify the 4 official sanctioning organisations that they are now defunct..... and they would have to inform all of the fighters that there is now only one belt that matters.....

..... and at the same time they would need to secure every available television date and compose a new regulated format and a great marketing campaign

it could be correct to say that any single governing body > having 4 separate en****** control the sport..... no matter who that single governing body is..... because they would have to play it on the level if they want to succeed

it could not compete alongside the 4 existing bodies, it would actually have to replace them
        I sympathise with the spirit of this post, but you don't think it betrays just a smidgeon of Americocentrism do you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
          I sympathise with the spirit of this post, but you don't think it betrays just a smidgeon of Americocentrism do you?

He is a Kiwi lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

He is a Kiwi lol.
            Seriously? Had him pegged American for sure, mind you I woulda said the same about SugarKaine/ Mirko too and he's Turkish apparently - guess I gotta work on my preconceptions.

Regardless, though, any talk about unifying the sport has to be tackled at an international level. Any discussion about Haymon and Oscar getting together to monopolise US TV coverage is all well and good, but wouldn't come remotely close to achieving what I think most boxing fans would like to see. I know it's probably heresy to most but the closest thing to 'legitimising' the sport under a single international body is probably the AIBA route, despite the fact that they're probably as corrupt as any of the alphabet orgs. Thing is there's simply too much money and too many vested interests in maintaining the status quo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
              Seriously? Had him pegged American for sure, mind you I woulda said the same about SugarKaine/ Mirko too and he's Turkish apparently - guess I gotta work on my preconceptions.

Regardless, though, any talk about unifying the sport has to be tackled at an international level. Any discussion about Haymon and Oscar getting together to monopolise US TV coverage is all well and good, but wouldn't come remotely close to achieving what I think most boxing fans would like to see. I know it's probably heresy to most but the closest thing to 'legitimising' the sport under a single international body is probably the AIBA route, despite the fact that they're probably as corrupt as any of the alphabet orgs. Thing is there's simply too much money and too many vested interests in maintaining the status quo.
              Some people think i'm a freaking Brit because I rate Fury and Brook highly, lol. I'm a spic born in the USA, I just know boxing and I am unbiased, and non-nationalistic. IDGAF where a fighter is from, I think that way of thinking is petty and narrow minded.

Comment

• Yea that's exactly what boxing needs-- more belts..

Comment

• Nope! I can't even respect the alphabet titles anymore.

There are more belts than letters of the alphabet now, most of which are probably worth less than a regular belt for holding up trousers.

The Poster Boys Club would be handing out belts like a peddler hand out flyers on the street corner.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                    Some people think i'm a freaking Brit because I rate Fury and Brook highly, lol. I'm a spic born in the USA, I just know boxing and I am unbiased, and non-nationalistic. IDGAF where a fighter is from, I think that way of thinking is petty and narrow minded.

yea, I don't even plug Parker, and he is the only potential world-class fighter we have had since Tua

Parker is a big boy, and he looks to have the goods..... so if he is going to make it on the world stage, then he can make it there all by himself..... without any bullshht/fanfare from me

if he makes it, great.... if not, oh well..... boxing will still be here, and there will still be plenty of young talent coming through..... and yea, I don't care where they come from, black/white/green, it matters not

your boy Brook has a tough fight coming up buddy

that should be good, looking forward to it

Comment

• It would make their fights more interesting and relevant if they had their own belt. Everyone knows that Thurman is the best welter they have, but what about junior middleweight or featherweight etc?

The truth is I would judge the true champion by who is the best in the division or who has the best wins, exactly the same as now, but I would welcome it to make PBC more interesting.

People who say boxing "has too many belts already" are missing the point. Do you believe that any of the big four organisations are going the replace the others? Is there one body that you support above the rest? If not, then what you need is a new belt that succeeds and eventually replaces the existing ones. That is the only way we're ever gonna get one belt per division.

Comment

Working...
                      X