No announcement yet.

How good was Edwin Valero?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
    Broner always was a **** without footwork but in 130-135 pounds he was stupidly big.

He dehydrated in 150 pounds, or more.
    Yes, Broner is arguably the biggest 130 fighter ever, his performance against DeMarco was sublime tho, he fought a great fight on the inside and broke the spirit of DeMarco.

Comment

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
      Yes, Broner is arguably the biggest 130 fighter ever, his performance against DeMarco was sublime tho, he fought a great fight on the inside and broke the spirit of DeMarco.
      Yep but he weighted like 10 more pounds than DeMarco.

He fought with advantage in weight in those división. Like Junior did in 160

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
        he was an extremely good fighter. It is my opinion that he would have been a future p4p number 1.
        What a ****ing moron.

Comment

didnt he beat the snot outta demarco? and thats cuz he wasnt even that big either so the broner comparison is

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
            Yep but he weighted like 10 more pounds than DeMarco.

He fought with advantage in weight in those división. Like Junior did in 160
            Like Canelo did his whole career.

Comment

good ole nsb ...

Doesnt know how good Edwin Valero was (26 - 0 26 KOs), but is sure that Bruce Lee (0- 0 - 0 KOs) beats Mayweather

Comment

Valero vs that version of Pac would be an instant classic, shame it never happened.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                  Like Canelo did his whole career.
                  In 147 nope, in 154 pounds just in the final time.

Comment

He had potential but because of the tragic end, he was untested/unproven.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
                      With an undefeated record all knockouts you can't really gauge his skill from his level of opposition. However, I heard that he dominated legendary fighters like De La Hoya in sparring so I have to assume he was the real deal. Anybody have more information?
                      I think Valero was above average. He fought mostly bums, cab drivers, and melon sellers though. His only notable win in 30 fights was Vincente Mosquera. People might say what about DeMarco? DeMarco was 23 when he fought Valero, and hadn't done anything in his career yet. There were guys for Valero to fight, he for whatever reason, just didn't fight them.

Comment

Working...
                      X