No announcement yet.

How good was Edwin Valero?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How good was Edwin Valero?

With an undefeated record all knockouts you can't really gauge his skill from his level of opposition. However, I heard that he dominated legendary fighters like De La Hoya in sparring so I have to assume he was the real deal. Anybody have more information?

he was an extremely good fighter. It is my opinion that he would have been a future p4p number 1.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
      he was an extremely good fighter. It is my opinion that he would have been a future p4p number 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
        I heard that he dominated legendary fighters like De La Hoya in sparring so I have to assume he was the real deal. Anybody have more information?
        When?

Valero was a very good fighter but had bad defense and his chin never was tested. And never fought with a A Level Fighter.

But he was too better than guys like Matthysse, Maidana, Provodnikov, Broker, etc.

Comment

his fundamentals were lacking but he had offensive talent and power...could have been similar to Pac if he had a trainer like Freddie Roach and willingness to listen(even though pac was faster and more durable )....he was a real player at 130, 135 and could have been as good at 140....maybe 147 against the string of midgets(pac, jmm, bradley) and mediocrities(garcia, thurman, porter) that have recently been at the top of the welters.

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
            his fundamentals were lacking but he had offensive talent and power...could have been similar to Pac if he had a trainer like Freddie Roach and willingness to listen(even though pac was faster and more durable )....he was a real player at 130, 135 and could have been as good at 140....maybe 147 against the string of midgets(pac, jmm, bradley) and mediocrities(garcia, thurman, porter) that have recently been at the top of the welters.

F8ck outta' here.

Comment

He was a killer

Comment

Hard to really know considering his best win was Demarco. Demarco didn't come out in the 10th whereas Broner stopped him in the 8th. Personally I never thought he'd make it to the elite level.

I know everyone always wanted to see him vs Pacquiao but personally I really wanted to see him against Marquez. I thought Marquez would make him look like a overhyped cab driver.

Comment

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
                  Hard to really know considering his best win was Demarco. Demarco didn't come out in the 10th whereas Broner stopped him in the 8th. Personally I never thought he'd make it to the elite level.

I know everyone always wanted to see him vs Pacquiao but personally I really wanted to see him against Marquez. I thought Marquez would make him look like a overhyped cab driver.
                  Of course you would, 48ers feared Valero.

48 chose to run away and chase easier matches. David diaz and old oscar. underrated footwork. Valero> 48

Comment

It looks like no one here actually saw him fight.
                    Valero was really good, started his career with 18 ko's in the first round, was a southpaw with great speed, explosiveness and power, awesome cordination and underrated skill, his punch selection was very good too.
                    He showed his boxing skill against DeMarco and for the one saying that isn't much because Broner did it better, well, Broner at that time had aroun at 90% ko ratio and was one of the biggest 130's i've seen, after that fight Broner was touted to be the next Mayweather.
                    DeMarco isn't no bum either, he beat Linares and John Molina Jr., both by ko and Molina in one round.
                    Valero is a mistery, the talent was there, sure he could have been more polished, but he was only starting his career in USA, so who knows how he could have handled himself with the head injuries and that stuff (he suffered head injuries in a motorcycle accident that stopped him to get a license in USA).

Comment

Working...
                    X