Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So is a division considered "weak" when there is 1 dominant champ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
    Thats the feeling I am getting. Thoughts?..
    Just pull off GGG, and you will get a "packed division" -- with Canelo, Lara, Charlos, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
      No.. If one guy is better than the rest by quite a margin then its not a knock on the other guys..
      Once in a while you get an opponent who can challenge you & are equally as good as you are.. like Lennox had in Holyfield, the rest though good did not have the same skills as him.. Lomachenko made Gary Russell Jr look like an amateur but Russell is a very good boxer.. Klitschko dominated very good boxers like Haye, Ibragimov, Povetkin..
      I agree. Even with dominate guys there will always be someone to give them a challenge but if its every fight and the champ is winning controversially that weak IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
        no.. rigondeaux was the dominant champ, he would be favored vs everybody, but it wasnt weak cause it had solid guys like lsc frampton quigg donaire

not willie monroe and curtis stevens
        what about dominic wade?

Comment

Thats the feeling I am getting. Thoughts?..
          What division has one dominant champ? I don't follow those lower weights so I'm not sure what division you're talking about

Comment

I agree. Even with dominate guys there will always be someone to give them a challenge but if its every fight and the champ is winning controversially that weak IMO.
            Sure.. you have some opponents in certain weight classes who would have never held a title in any other era but to get the cream of the crop you have to go through others & that does include certain weaklings...

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
              I reckon this is about the middleweight division. Which ones of these fighters do you think is worth a damn:

Daniel Jacobs
              Billy Joe Saunders
              David Lemieux
              Andy Lee
              Peter Quillin
              Chris Eubank Jr
              Ryota Murata
              Curtis Stevens
              Hassan N’Dam
              Ievgen Khytrov
              Sam Soliman
              Canelo fan would say its shark infested, Golovkin fan would say he'll beat all of them. Im joking though. Only fight worth a damn betwenn junior middle and middle is Golovkin/Canelo, lets see it, 2017 everyone, no celebrity deaths next year, Canelo is fine

Comment

Canelo beats everyone at 154

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                  Canelo beats everyone at 154
                  I wouldn't put my money on him against Andrade.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    What division has one dominant champ? I don't follow those lower weights so I'm not sure what division you're talking about
                    In the lower weights Rigondeux. I hear also grumblings about 140 being weak and lacking competition because Crawford is so dominate. Also in recent history the HW Klitchko (before Fury) was considered to be a champ in a weak division...

Comment

all 17 divisions have great fighters. but usually a division is considered strong when it has STARS and considered weak when it doesn't.

if right now GGG was WBA middleweight champion, cotto was WBC middleweight champion, canelo was WBO middleweight champion and some random dude was IBF champion, and there were plans for a series of unification fights, everybody would be talking about how middleweight is the most stacked division in boxing.

but the truth is that cotto's team & canelo's team both thought their guys stood no chance against GGG, so they fought each other for the imaginary 155 pound championship and then got the hell out of dodge.

Comment

Working...
                      X