Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Bruce Lee have become a great boxer? Mayweather says he's fake.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Raonic View Post
    So no one is playing basketball on the streets because they don't play with full rules.

****ing idiot.
    No they aren't. That's the truth. How can you be playing basketball without actually following the rules?

Comment

• Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
      No they aren't. That's the truth. How can you be playing basketball without actually following the rules?
      When what the last time those black kids in Compton played with fouls?

"Street ball" is a form of basketball believe it or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
        A lot of people look good and practice and suck in an actual game..not even close to the same
        When Bruce was outclassing champs in sparring, Bruce was outclassing them in fighting, not practice! Bruce took sparring serious, read his notes on sparring. He would humiliate champs to bring tiger out of them. And Lee wouldn't have it any other way he was into realism. It woulkd have been real eye opener to them.
        The argument is lee wasn't a fighter as he hasn't got a win, loss and draw record.
        Nobody is doubting lees abi!ity to fight, unless their trolls. He had otherworldlky abilkitiues too fight.
        Back in lees day people wondered hoiw Lee would do in compoetituion, thinking he would do extremely well of course
        Last edited by hugh grant; 01-02-2017, 04:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
          i agree with isaac on this one. Half the **** bruce lee was good at was for show. He wasnt like one of the gracies or anyone like that, most martial arts are a load of **** other than BJJ, muay thai and a couple of others. Hnece why you dont see crap like kung fu in the ufc, cause it doesnt work
          you ever train guys for the cage? I doubt you know what they train in. MMA training is taking martial arts techniques and applying them to the specific training conditions at hand. Arts like Shotokan karate (macheda) South East Asian arts, San Dan arts...including a Kung Fu school that sponsered the first professional sanctioned MMA bout in the Bay Area (San Francisco the Mission), all figure into the mix. I had students training for MMA and the Kung Fu guys did very well in the cards sponsered...thats using kung fu as a base for the cage... lets not even talk about Sambo guys and other such training methods. You develop techniques that work for you, the art is just a base of operations.

It is a misconception that traditional arts are not utilized...ironickly its a very Bruce Lee environment! use what is useful from all arts. But people continue to spread ignorance. When you actually know what the fvk you are talking about and are helping guys train to get an advantage in the cage you quickly learn that the biggest difference in the traditional arts versus sport arts is the way combat is set up: In sports arts position is the prime imperative. One strives to gain position first. On the street it is the opposite, one strives to do something hard and fast to gain an advantage and then, if the situation allows, may take a position to control the situation.

First off: when working with weapons, it will get one killed trying to gain position first, ask the Dog Brothers who have trained with weapons, full contact, for years...BTW their base arts are South East Asian along with Brazilian JJ and...some of Bruce Lees innovations (among others). Dan Insanto trains many of them (Bruce Lee's student).

As a bouncer, a trainer for among others, the Guardian Angels Street patrol in San Francisco, and for military guys, etc...I know what the fvk I am talking about. People fight very different in life and death situations. The Japanese Samurai techniques may look silly to many, but there is a reason these techniques came back from the battlefield.

I will say here what I have said to some of the idiots on other sites who think that because they tussled on the mat for a few minutes, or boxed a few rounds, that they understand the nature of all martial arts innovations: "You don't know shat." Among Bruce Lee's achievements was to modernize the concept of fighting lines...the shortest distance to a point. Boxing came from fencing and this concept is inherent in both disciplines. It made Bruce extremely efficient in addition to being quick. While a quick punch from the centerline means very little with a gloved hand, try recieving one on the point of the chin with a hard, well conditioned hand. That is one example.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raonic View Post
            So no one is playing basketball on the streets because they don't play with full rules.

****ing idiot.
            A lot of people who are good in the streets can not play organized ball at all

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
              When Bruce was outclassing champs in sparring, Bruce was outclassing them in fighting, not practice! Bruce took sparring serious, read his notes on sparring. He would humiliate champs to bring tiger out of them. And Lee wouldn't have it any other way he was into realism. It woulkd have been real eye opener to them.
              The argument is lee wasn't a fighter as he hasn't got a win, loss and draw record.
              Nobody is doubting lees abi!ity to fight, unless their trolls. He had otherworldlky abilkitiues too fight.
              Back in lees day people wondered hoiw Lee would do in compoetituion, thinking he would fdo extremely well of course
              what champs??? where is the footage? what were their names?

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                you ever train guys for the cage? I doubt you know what they train in. MMA training is taking martial arts techniques and applying them to the specific training conditions at hand. Arts like Shotokan karate (macheda) South East Asian arts, San Dan arts...including a Kung Fu school that sponsered the first professional sanctioned MMA bout in the Bay Area (San Francisco the Mission), all figure into the mix. I had students training for MMA and the Kung Fu guys did very well in the cards sponsered...thats using kung fu as a base for the cage... lets not even talk about Sambo guys and other such training methods. You develop techniques that work for you, the art is just a base of operations.

It is a misconception that traditional arts are not utilized...ironickly its a very Bruce Lee environment! use what is useful from all arts. But people continue to spread ignorance. When you actually know what the fvk you are talking about and are helping guys train to get an advantage in the cage you quickly learn that the biggest difference in the traditional arts versus sport arts is the way combat is set up: In sports arts position is the prime imperative. One strives to gain position first. On the street it is the opposite, one strives to do something hard and fast to gain an advantage and then, if the situation allows, may take a position to control the situation.

First off: when working with weapons, it will get one killed trying to gain position first, ask the Dog Brothers who have trained with weapons, full contact, for years...BTW their base arts are South East Asian along with Brazilian JJ and...some of Bruce Lees innovations (among others). Dan Insanto trains many of them (Bruce Lee's student).

As a bouncer, a trainer for among others, the Guardian Angels Street patrol in San Francisco, and for military guys, etc...I know what the fvk I am talking about. People fight very different in life and death situations. The Japanese Samurai techniques may look silly to many, but there is a reason these techniques came back from the battlefield.

I will say here what I have said to some of the idiots on other sites who think that because they tussled on the mat for a few minutes, or boxed a few rounds, that they understand the nature of all martial arts innovations: "You don't know shat." Among Bruce Lee's achievements was to modernize the concept of fighting lines...the shortest distance to a point. Boxing came from fencing and this concept is inherent in both disciplines. It made Bruce extremely efficient in addition to being quick. While a quick punch from the centerline means very little with a gloved hand, try recieving one on the point of the chin with a hard, well conditioned hand. That is one example.
                im no expert but i watch a lot of MMA for a number of years. I dont see people doing the ****ing kung fu crane stance in the octagon. When they stand up they throw proper punches and kicks. Usually boxing style or muay thai. Then they usually wrestle or BJJ on the ground. Traditional martial arts is a load of dog **** for the most part, thought ufc would have proved that beyond doubt but obviously not. Dont see much aikido, taekwondo, karate, kung fu in there. Someone can do all that drunken master stuff as much as they want but if a big guy grabbed them by the scruff of the neck and clouted them then they are in trouble. Seen blackbelt karate guys look lost in a proper fight. As i said if its bjj or something like that its a whole different story...

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                  Back in lees day people wondered hoiw Lee would do in compoetituion, thinking he would do extremely well of course
                  Yet you have so much footage of Floyd yet **** on him on a regular..i dont understand posters like you..show me one damn fight of Bruce Lee..JUST ONE

Comment

A lot of people who are good in the streets can not play organized ball at all
                    And that does not change my point, which is that it doesn't mean they aren't playing basketball.

Like I've told you 3 times now, I have made no claim that Bruce Lee would beat Mayweather. Only that he was a fighter.

Comment

what champs??? where is the footage? what were their names?
                      Lee spoarred a lot. Read all the tournament champs who said Lee had superior fighting ability. Lee spoarred with them.
                      Don't ask me to tell you. That would be lazy on your part, and imply you are entering debate with no research.
                      Therefore trolling

Comment

Working...
                      X