Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Bruce Lee have become a great boxer? Mayweather says he's fake.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
    and Floyd fought for a living..whats your point?
    MY point is that Bruce Lee was a fighter.

I made no input on whether Floyd would lose or not. I don't think I mentioned him at all in this thread yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dolor View Post
      May I ask why not?

In its early days, wikipedia was quite poor in terms of quality, but that has changed dramatically over the past decade.

I am a senior researcher (biomedicine) at a large university, and my girlfriend a historian, and I can safely say that in these fields, wikipedia articles are nowadays considered to be of good-to-very-good quality, and up-to-date.

Wikipedia is now very restrictive with regard to contributions (many of which are authored by university personel), and normally the most relevant references are listed as well (which is why I like to quote them).

That may, or may not, also apply to non-scientific contents.
      Yea, sorry, I don't buy that.

Wikipaedia has a reputation, and like any business that reputation will persist irregardless of what happens internally. Wiki for many years was basically the BleacherReport of online enciclopedias, amateur hour with no regulation of submissions. Now you are tightening things up and all of the sudden we should take your word at face value and treat Wiki as the peer of peer reviewed articles for example? Don't be naive. Like bleacher report (which also tries to legitimize itself, Wiki will remain largely a laughing stock when measured to actual citable content. You aren't just going to erase memory and anectodal evidence of its inaccuracy since its inception.

I love how you feel the need to mention what you and your girlfriend do as if that adds validity to this statement.

I don't, and I won't. I read wiki all the time, as a quick reference for interesting topics but I wouldn't dream of citing it with any confidence or authority.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raonic View Post
        That doesn't mean it's not fighting. When you train for a fight, it isn't one or the other. Sparring is still a form of fighting. So you're fighting while you're training.

Shooting the basketball in the gym is shooting AND practising. IT isn't mutually exclusive.
        A lot of people look good and practice and suck in an actual game..not even close to the same

Comment

That doesn't mean it's not fighting. When you train for a fight, it isn't one or the other. Sparring is still a form of fighting. So you're fighting while you're training.

Shooting the basketball in the gym is shooting AND practising. IT isn't mutually exclusive.
          Sparring is training. If you don't see the difference between training and fighting you're a ******. That's all there is to it.

The definition of sparring is training.

Comment

• Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
            keep reaching
            Training to fight isn't a form of fighting?

Going to basketball practice isn't a form of playing basketball too then huh?

Comment

• Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
              A lot of people look good and practice and suck in an actual game..not even close to the same
              And I made no point whatsoever on whether or not Bruce Lee was a good fighter. I said he was a fighter, regardless of whether he was bad or good.

Comment

• Only a ****ing jerkoff thinks Lee can box. Kung Fu and boxing are totally different things.

Comment

Sparring is training. If you don't see the difference between training and fighting you're a ******. That's all there is to it.

The definition of sparring is training.
                  Actually I never said there wasn't a difference. I made that statement outright. Playing basketball in practice and in the game have a big difference. Doesn't mean that someone practising wasn't playing basketball.

Training isn't mutually exclusive with other terms.

Comment

Training to fight isn't a form of fighting?

Going to basketball practice isn't a form of playing basketball too then huh?
                    If they aren't using the full basketball rules, no they aren't playing basketball.

Comment

If they aren't using the full basketball rules, no they aren't playing basketball.
                      So no one is playing basketball on the streets because they don't play with full rules.

****ing idiot.

Comment

Working...
                      X