Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev: If Ward Retires - Everyone Will Realize He is a Coward!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
    This is what the Ward fans refuse to accept. Cipher's meme of Ward all busted up with gift tags and bows on the 3 belts... that tells it all in one pic. I think that fight was a wakeup call for Sergey. He won't be holding back in the rematch. And Ward knows that. Ward keeps talking a bigger paycheck, when he knows the purses have already been agreed upon before the first fight.
    Your Russian hero let you down Vato...

Comment

Originally posted by Goyotronico View Post
      Still as you say, "gassed out" no stamina Kovalev was trowing and connecting more than ward, being the aggressor and the dominant boxer on the ring, Ward was gifted the decision, american judges, in american ring with american referee, he didn't do enough to win against the tittles holder, he didn't dominate in anything only running.
      Round 6: Kovalev - 9/36, Ward - 8/25

Round 7: Kovalev - 7/29, Ward - 11/32

Round 8: Kovalev - 10/38, Ward - 11/32

Round 9: Kovalev - 11/46, Ward - 17/38

Round 10: Kovalev - 21/58, Ward - 16/35

Round 11: Kovalev - 12/40, Ward - 13/26

Round 12: Kovalev - 13/47, Ward - 12/42

You can just look at the compubox stats and see that not only did Kovalev not appear to fade, he outlanded Ward in 3 of the last 6 rounds. Overall, Kovalev threw more punches and landed more punches throughout the entire fight. Plus he got a KD, plus he did far more damage to Ward than Ward did to him.

Clear gift decision to the guy that was the challenger, the guy who is supposed to "TAKE THE BELTS FROM THE CHAMPION", yet he barely survived, resorting to MMA tackles and hugs to avoid damage. Decision was a disgrace to the sport.

Comment

He won a very controversial decision by 1 point, and signed a rematch clause. He's only 32. If he decides to retire, that will absolutely and forever label him a coward in my book.

Absolutely no exceptions, bu bu , STFU.

Comment

Kovalev is beginning to sound like a sore loser. I know you think you win, I get it. But all this belly aching over it is kinda weak. Get him in the ring and beat him for real. Stop the whining.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
            He won a very controversial decision by 1 point, and signed a rematch clause. He's only 32. If he decides to retire, that will absolutely and forever label him a coward in my book.

Absolutely no exceptions, bu bu , STFU.
            Your book...like you...ain't ****.

Did Chavez rematch Whitaker?

Comment

Ward should just be honest with himself and the fans. Nothing wrong with admitting you're scared. Trying to make it appear you're not is worse. Fighters like Kovalev would make your boxing career miserable. They derail hype trains. It's exactly why Adonis wanted nothing to do with the Russian. Why the need to lie about it?

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
                Ward should just be honest with himself and the fans. Nothing wrong with admitting you're scared. Trying to make it appear you're not is worse. Fighters like Kovalev would make your boxing career miserable. They derail hype trains. It's exactly why Adonis wanted nothing to do with the Russian. Why the need to lie about it?
                If he was scared he wouldn't have fought him in the first place.

Dummy

He would have stayed on the floor if he was scared.

Dummy

This fight isn't even a month old and you flimsy mofos are calling this man a coward.

Just because fear rules your lives doesn't mean it rules Ward's.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  Round 6: Kovalev - 9/36, Ward - 8/25

Round 7: Kovalev - 7/29, Ward - 11/32

Round 8: Kovalev - 10/38, Ward - 11/32

Round 9: Kovalev - 11/46, Ward - 17/38

Round 10: Kovalev - 21/58, Ward - 16/35

Round 11: Kovalev - 12/40, Ward - 13/26

Round 12: Kovalev - 13/47, Ward - 12/42

You can just look at the compubox stats and see that not only did Kovalev not appear to fade, he outlanded Ward in 3 of the last 6 rounds. Overall, Kovalev threw more punches and landed more punches throughout the entire fight. Plus he got a KD, plus he did far more damage to Ward than Ward did to him.

Clear gift decision to the guy that was the challenger, the guy who is supposed to "TAKE THE BELTS FROM THE CHAMPION", yet he barely survived, resorting to MMA tackles and hugs to avoid damage. Decision was a disgrace to the sport.
                  That looks like 3 out of last 7 bub.

Comment

Kovalev got screwed in America deal with it-Commie

Fact: America haters Commies and America Hates Russians. Kovalev the commie got screwed basically hammered and sickled up the rear end by the crooked judges. That is American boxing in American fights. Favor the American and put the screws to the russians. DUH?

Comment

I watched the fight 3 times and I just can't see how Ward won if the scoring was on the up and up. I do know if the rematch happens I'd favor Kovalev BUT he must knock Ward out since the hand writing is on the wall as to who the power brokers want to win. Unless Kovalev completely dominates every round and knocks Ward down a couple of times I just don't see him winning a decision. Any close rounds he wins will go to Ward on the judges scorecards, heck even rounds he knocks Ward down in there is a good chance the judges would still see it as a 10-9 round or and even round. Gotta protect the money fighter

Comment

Working...
                      X