Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sullivan Barrera Drops Shabranskyy Three Times, TKO in Seven

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chingonski just not very good. No amateur schooling, just a guy off the street who walked into a gym.

We will probably see him in more fun fights b7t he'll never amount to much.

Good win for Barrera makes him a legit contender.

Comment

• Good win for Barrera. Puts him back on the map. Outside of Ward and Kovalev he would fancy his chances.

Comment

• Originally posted by mlac View Post
        omg LOOOOL a poster got a prediction wrong omg y they so salty!!!!!!!
        I'm trying to figure it out too....Barrera was obviously a good fighter despite his loss to Ward. I guess this result doesn't fit the narrative that he's a bum unless of course Slava is an even bigger bum lol. I'm enjoying this.

Comment

• Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
          I'm trying to figure it out too....Barrera was obviously a good fighter despite his loss to Ward. I guess this result doesn't fit the narrative that he's a bum unless of course Slava is an even bigger bum lol. I'm enjoying this.
          I was mocking you

Where was your prediction of a barrera KO btw?

Comment

I was mocking you

Where was your prediction of a barrera KO btw?
            Yeah I got that with your amusing ****** response, I was mocking you also .... you usually like to act like your above fanboy squabbling so I thought I'd be the classy mlac while you're the ****** fan. I see it flew over your head

I didn't have a pick, I thought it was too close to call but I lol'd at all the emotional Slava picks like the one in my sig.

Comment

Yeah I got that with your amusing ****** response, I was mocking you also .... you usually like to act like your above fanboy squabbling so I thought I'd be the classy mlac while you're the ****** fan. I see it flew over your head

I didn't have a pick, I thought it was too close to call but I lol'd at all the emotional Slava picks like the one in my sig.
              So basically you didnt predict jack ****, but you trawl through a thread to find people that did...so you can 'mock' them?

...and then when someone calls you on it,...you call them a fanboy ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                Ward is definitely better than Barrera, and had the better style to beat Barrera than Shabranskyy does. Shabranskyy might walk through Ward who doesn't have a big punch, and relies more on his left hand, but fighting a big strong guy like Barrera with a big, if slow, right hand was a terrible style for a guy with literally the worst defense in boxing.

Ward is definitely better than Barrera though. He just isn't better than Kovalev, or on that truly elite level. Some good wins over slow, B+ old-school euro style fighters like Froch and Kessler, or a drained B+ fighter like Dawson, but he's never beaten a top fighter. He was only ever willing to fight one, Kovalev, only after Roc Nation decided to overpay him from Jay-Z's wallet, and he lost clearly. You can argue if you want but 70% - 80% of fans and media even in the U.S. agree Kovalev won. The 20% left probably just works out to the amount of fans Ward has.

So yeah this won't save Ward's resume in the end. He's still gone his whole career without truly beating an elite fighter. And for him to get literally outboxed by "just a puncher" Kovalev shows even his strength, his boxing ability, is wildly overrated. He showed almost no sweet science ability outside of the jab, but Kovalev won the jab contest too. Any other success Ward had was purely MMA, hold and hit, illegal tactics. No sweet science there at all, just "dogging" MMA tactics that the hometown ref allowed, but that's not boxing and we all know that.

So until Ward actually beats a top fighter, he will never have a great resume. I know some fanboys think he does because they've been trained like dogs first by Showtime, then by HBO, to get hyped about an American gold medalist. Ward has been The Great Next Floyd Hype his whole career and networks have fallen over backwards to tell everyone how great he is, and promote him. They created an easy tournament for him, keeping Bute out, only including B to B+ fighters tailor made for Ward's style, and then used the rarity of tournaments in boxing to argue that this made Ward special, and that he's done something no one else had, or whatever, because it was a "tournament." Well yeah it was a tournament without two of the three best guys in the division, Dirrell and Bute, style-bred perfectly for Ward.

Let's call it what it was. A con job on the American boxing fans. But if the hype artists weren't good at convincing people, they wouldn't use them. Many fans have been convinced Ward is elite, or has an elite resumé, but he doesn't and he never has. He never fought an elite fighter, then the first time he did, he got dropped, he lost, and now he's talking retirement because he knows he can't hang with elite fighters. Why else do you think he never fought one until 32 years old? I think he knows his limitations better than his fans do.
                Thanks for the laugh this morning Kovalev.

A wonderful attempt at revisionism, Monday morning quarterbacking, "boxing logic " and just plain hot air all rolled into one. And it stinks a mile away!!!

Man you are good. If you believe half the stuff you have spewed then you may need a lot more help than you realize.

Time to move on!!

How about taking the time to give Barrera ( a Ward victim) some credit instead of this obsession with Ward.

Comeon Kovalev you are better than this. Move on.

Once again thanks for the laugh.

Ever thought about a career in writing fiction? Seriously. You do have some talent.

At least when your boxing career is over you have something to fall back on.

Move on Kovalev. Move on.

Comment

So basically you didnt predict jack ****, but you trawl through a thread to find people that did...so you can 'mock' them?

...and then when someone calls you on it,...you call them a fanboy ?
                  Who called me on anything??

I sense you're getting pissed off.... Is the guy in my sig one of your Golovkin fan club buddies?

Me not predicting a winner is worse than a guy that wanted Shabransky to win for the sole purpose of making Ward look mediocre?? But yeah I'm the fan boy..... smells like Golovkin fan logic.

Go cry in your corner mate, I'm boiling eggs with all the salt water you and your butthurt buddies are supplying.

Comment

Who called me on anything??

I sense you're getting pissed off.... Is the guy in my sig one of your Golovkin fan club buddies?

Me not predicting a winner is worse than a guy that wanted Shabransky to win for the sole purpose of making Ward look mediocre?? But yeah I'm the fan boy..... smells like Golovkin fan logic.

Go cry in your corner mate, I'm boiling eggs with all the salt water you and your butthurt buddies are supplying.

Not only are you a weirdo who mocks peoples predictions without you making any prediction yourself.

But you're a deluded weirdo with bizarre conpsiracy theories that someone all goes back to andre ward

You know most of us were just watching a great fight...right?
                    Only you and the no life nerdling gang of ward fanboys are in this thread promoting you're bizarre little theories

these guys are such fkcing freaks

Comment

• Originally posted by John Locke View Post
                      Feed Barrera to my boy Bivol

Bivol is worse than Shabrankyy.

He just fought a glass-jawed bum and couldn't to anything to him.

He's easier to hit with a right hand than Shabranskyy.

You're setting yourself up for disappointment all over again

When will they ever learn?

Comment

Working...
                      X