Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: "Fighting Words" - Jermall Charlo Arrives, And Now He Departs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    Good read. Puts the 160 move into perspective. The politics throw an unfortunate wrench in what would otherwise be a lot of great potential fights at both 154 and 160.
    I see several good fights at 154 and only one at 160 but, when you look at what's feasible, 160 might make more sense.
    Charlo would feast on guys like Stevens, Lemieux, Saunders, etc.
    154lbs is one of the weakest divisions about you're too much of a ****** who buys into boxing politics, Lemieux would KO him and Saunders would school him when he is back to his full fitness.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      He should've been chasing Lara or Canelo instead of Culcay!
      Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
      Andrade even has a management team??? News to me??? Whatever they're telling him he should do the opposite and fire them on the spot. He's losing out on MILLIONS listening to them.
      Andrade is sort of chasing Lara. Culcay is an interim champion to Lara's WBA belt. Andrade is hoping he can force a mandatory by taking that spot because it doesn't seem like Lara will just fight him.

Andrade has been making idiotic moves ever since he became champion for that first stint. He even re-signed with that same team after making many mistakes. In a boxing world where there is plenty of reason to blame managers and promotional companies, Andrade is one cat that I find highly culpable for his problems... He needs to get his head out of his ass and stay active to rebuild any traction.

Comment

Originally posted by slimPickings View Post
        Excellent read.

A good first scalp would be Lemieux for no other reason than the fact that he has name recognition.
        He just might price himself out as he waits for the Canelo sweepstakes.

Billy Joe Saunders is just keeping that belt warm for the highest bidder and I do not think Charlo will be that person.
        I agree. Lemieux would be the perfect 1st fight for him at 160. If he can take his power, then he'll be alright at 160. Jacobs would also be a good fight for him as well. Any of those 2 fighters and on the undercard of GGG vs Canelo would be great.

Comment

No one in America cares about classless crude rude Charlo

Charlo did more to hurt his meager career than help it by beating the untested boxing nothing Williams by KO. Ignorance after victory leaves fans with a bad taste in their mouths as the crowd showed their immense hatred of the crude tasteless behavior of the hated Charlo. Dumb move after a nice win. Someone needs to educate most of these crude misbehaving misfits of boxing on boxing etiquette and manners.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
            I'm not sure Charlo will be a top guy at 160.

His size and power are two of his biggest assets at 154, without those I'm not sure how he will look. He was simply too powerful for Williams, but he wasn't much more skilled, if at all.
            No..no you're right thats all he has😑
            J-Rock is also highly skilled and the way he dismantled him is what's so impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by EddieHearn View Post
              154lbs is one of the weakest divisions about you're too much of a ****** who buys into boxing politics, Lemieux would KO him and Saunders would school him when he is back to his full fitness.

Lousy scab

Comment

Originally posted by skipwade74 View Post
                Charlo did more to hurt his meager career than help it by beating the untested boxing nothing Williams by KO. Ignorance after victory leaves fans with a bad taste in their mouths as the crowd showed their immense hatred of the crude tasteless behavior of the hated Charlo. Dumb move after a nice win. Someone needs to educate most of these crude misbehaving misfits of boxing on boxing etiquette and manners.
                You're more of a Goblin than a Troll.

Comment

Originally posted by EddieHearn View Post
                  Every time you make a statement it becomes more evident to me that you're boxing IQ is next to nill or you're so biased that it fogs your logic. 154 is def not one if the weakest divisions in boxing..Lemieux was getting the business from Rosado..Saunders???stop.

Comment

Originally posted by BOXING-SCRIBE View Post
                    No..no you're right thats all he has😑
                    J-Rock is also highly skilled and the way he dismantled him is what's so impressive.
                    Did I say that was all he had?

Williams has never beat anyone good. Ever. He was yet another guy being hugely overhyped for beating bums. He looks to be a solid fighter with a suspect chin.

Charlo didn't dismantle him, he was too big and powerful for him. It was close on the cards, Williams just couldn't take the power punches.

Comment

Originally posted by uniquehump View Post
                      I agree. Lemieux would be the perfect 1st fight for him at 160. If he can take his power, then he'll be alright at 160. Jacobs would also be a good fight for him as well. Any of those 2 fighters and on the undercard of GGG vs Canelo would be great.
                      Boxing is not about taking a fighter's power.

Rubio was KO'd in 30 seconds at 154.....that didn't stop him from destroying Lemieux.

Glass chinned Alcine whipped Lemeiux around the rind...Lil Davey's power wasn't even an issue.

GGG has to fight Jacobs chump...

Comment

Working...
                      X