No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shakur Stevenson To Be Managed By James Prince, Andre Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    Hopefully it works out well for Stevenson and generally speaking if a guy has the goods it will just work out.

I don't know what Prince does for him really other than perhaps get a great deal from Roc. Although I don't know what avenues Roc has to really push Stevenson to get him out there in a big way.
    That is the key. Roc Nation has invested heavily in a few boxers but they have not invested in boxing. They do not put on monthly shows or anything where a prospect can have 8 fights in a year or something. They can easily put Stevenson on other promoters' shows but that probably isn't the right way to build a star product.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
      why? what the hell has james prince done
      Quit crying

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
        That is the key. Roc Nation has invested heavily in a few boxers but they have not invested in boxing. They do not put on monthly shows or anything where a prospect can have 8 fights in a year or something. They can easily put Stevenson on other promoters' shows but that probably isn't the right way to build a star product.
        He can be thrown on the undercards of Cotto and Ward events but are those guys going to fight more than once each this year and certainly won't total more than four. So that requires some work on their part.

I am sure they can get him on Shobox, but that is more like once he get 8 to 10 fights into his career. It is probably wiser to put money to work like this, but they needs to get a couple more promising prospects to pair with him so they could actually make decent Shobox triple headers.

Although getting guys like Stevenson would make Roc a more attractive partner in working with for the power players.

Comment

I'm OK with that move for Stevenson! Just don't sign to any of these damn dirty Promoters who entrap guys into these bull**** Deals they can't get out of

Comment

Big blow for Mayweather Promotions. Floyd put a lot of effort into courting Shakur

Maybe he'll make his debut on the Ward-Kovalev II undercard?

Comment

J Prince is a made man

Comment

I think this is actually a good move.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                  Well, on one hand, Ward is the most recent highly decorated amateur that can relate to Stevenson. On the other hand, he's a notoriously difficult person to work with.

Personally, he would have been better with Ward as an advisor rather than a promoter.
                  ... Ward's not the promoter; Ward, James Prince (Ward's manager), and Josh Dubin (Ward's lawyer) are now Shakur Stevenson's advisory team.

Prince/Dubin/Ward are now in position to look for the proper promotional structure for Shakur Stevenson, if he even does end up formally signing with a promoter.

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
                    J. Prince is the manager and I guess Ward is now officially part of that management team. This article doesn't say Stevenson has signed with a promoter but it probably means Roc Nation and it also probably eliminates Haymon/Mayweather.
                    ...not necessarily.

Comment

I see Shakur going to the Andre Ward school of business, fighting a couple times a year, maybe

Comment

Working...
                      X