No announcement yet.

Dan Rafael: On Golovkin vs Jacobs "Strong chance it will be on HBO PPV"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Blackclouds View Post
    You are right and they aren't real boxing fans. They're just a cult of personality cult. Jacobs would be by far the best on his resume but these fans are content to argue fantasy matchups. When a real fight presents itself they want g to run away.
    Exactly

They prefer to fantasize about hypothetical matchup and create 600 response threads on someone ducking GGG.

But the minute their PPV star is matched in a PPV bout, the little punks start complaining

Comment

• Originally posted by R-C View Post
      how does that answer my question?
      You asked why UFC gets away with PPV when boxing does not.

I gave you an example of why - because UFC gets a pass because they're UFC.

Thus why CM Punk can show up, get schooled and get paid too much on PPV for a terrible experience, yet someone like Adrien Broner can't get PPV to save his life. Because there's a bias towards UFC.

Comment

• How is this a mismatch? DJ is one of the top guys at 160. I'd rather watch a fight for free than pay for it, but this is better matchmaking than below Smith or below Khan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott. Weiland View Post
          Wow I didn't realise Lemiuex had that big a following prepared to follow him, I knew he was ppv in Canada I guess that's why GGG and his handlers were so desperate to face him.

GGG could never do those numbers on his own against the usual fodder he faces not that Lemiuex isn't fodder the Canadians just back their men, they even call a sex offender Superman, stay classy Canada.
          The crowd at that fight was overwhelmingly pro GGG. And I read that it broke the MSG record for merchandise sales - hats, T shirts, etc, - mostly GGG merchandise.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
            The crowd at that fight was overwhelmingly pro GGG. And I read that it broke the MSG record for merchandise sales - hats, T shirts, etc, - mostly GGG merchandise.
            Are you the proud owner of a GGG cap ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Diegosome1 View Post
              Doesn't matter where I'm watching it live
              Originally posted by daggum View Post
              pbc fanboys and their free handout boxing. real men buy their boxing. this is an elite club. only 97k people are invited

same here fellas can't stand watching fights in replay

Comment

• I really want to see this fight. I dont want to pay the PPV price for it but I guess I have no choice.

Comment

• Good fight. If they put it on PPV,its an embarassment

Comment

• You can't complain that it's on PPV when you're one of those people who justifies Jacobs' demand of $3 million, then cite GGG's abysmal PPV numbers. GGG himself hasn't tasted getting $3 mil in any HBO fight in the US.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott. Weiland View Post
                      Are you the proud owner of a GGG cap ?
                      No. But I've ordered a Gennady Golovkin female fit T shirt for Xmas and I can't wait to get on top of her while she's wearing it!

Last edited by kafkod; 12-05-2016, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X