No announcement yet.

Dan Rafael: On Golovkin vs Jacobs "Strong chance it will be on HBO PPV"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    No. But I've ordered a Gennady Golovkin female fitted T shirt for Xmas and I can't wait to get on top of her while she's wearing it!

WTF.

You telling me your sexual orientation is straight now ? I assumed with you being a sailor and the GGG obsession you were definitely a f@g.

If you're telling me youve bought it for your daughter I'm not only gonna be upset I'm gonna fall out with you.

Comment

• I'm sure we would all prefer every fight be free as opposed to ppv, but people saying this shouldn't be a ppv because it's a mismatch are nuts. Daniel Jacobs is the next best 160 after GGG. Some would say Canelo, but I'd like to see him fight against a 160 at 160 and see if his power carries before agreeing with that.

#1 v. #2 or#3 depending on your preference is not a mismatch.

Comment

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
        You asked why UFC gets away with PPV when boxing does not.

I gave you an example of why - because UFC gets a pass because they're UFC.

Thus why CM Punk can show up, get schooled and get paid too much on PPV for a terrible experience, yet someone like Adrien Broner can't get PPV to save his life. Because there's a bias towards UFC.
        True.......

Comment

• Other than the obvious and well documented budget cuts, HBO has hyped up and build Golovkin for 4 years now, maybe they want to make GGG a PPV regular. They're gonna have a hard time because Middleweight doesn't have good dance partners, and GGG himself is not exactly an A side guy. GGG also refuses to do anything that catches his detractors attention, like Khan fighting Canelo, or Brook fighting GGG, Ward fighting Kovalev. He won't fight Lara, who's been on PPV already, he won't go up to challenge himself. Jacobs is a good fight but it's not worth $60

Comment

Working...
          X