No announcement yet.

Dan Rafael: On Golovkin vs Jacobs "Strong chance it will be on HBO PPV"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Face Of Boxing View Post
    The same people dissing Jacobs now, were the same ones who said Jacobs would be the best fight for GGG. You can't make this stuff up. Just goes to show that no matter who he fights at 160, they will be mad.
    Ummmm no, the people criticizing this PPV fight are the same people that said GGG is a star, sells stadiums and got mad when Jacobs said he would fight gg for the right price.

In other words, the people criticizing this fight are Ggg fans
    Last edited by Chollo Vista; 12-04-2016, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• ... they managed to spin GGG off... The (already) old Russian fighter doesn't count much within the "scene of boxing"...

Comment

• Berto was probably the only guy that was getting $1 mil per fight on HBO back in the days. And he gets to fight on regular cable. Nowadays fighters want more than $1 mil. So it seems clear it's not about the lack of funding. It's about fighters getting greedy. Or networks having limit to what they can afford.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott. Weiland View Post
          Wow I didn't realise Lemiuex had that big a following prepared to follow him, I knew he was ppv in Canada I guess that's why GGG and his handlers were so desperate to face him.

GGG could never do those numbers on his own against the usual fodder he faces not that Lemiuex isn't fodder the Canadians just back their men, they even call a sex offender Superman, stay classy Canada.
          He sold out every fight, even against WADE he sold something like 17k seats. Yeah you heard it right.

Ignorant hater.

Comment

• It's not okay to have a boxing PPV? but, it's okay for UFC to have one every month? I hope UFC get critized the same way as boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by R-C View Post
              It's not okay to have a boxing PPV? but, it's okay for UFC to have one every month? I hope UFC get critized the same way as boxing.
              You must be new here.

UFC gets away with it because it's UFC.

I mean who cares if a guy like CM Punk gets overhyped and then schooled in the first round, paid $500k for that piss poor performance, meanwhile other guys in the game for years are still netting under 6 figures?

Comment

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
                You must be new here.

UFC gets away with it because it's UFC.

I mean who cares if a guy like CM Punk gets overhyped and then schooled in the first round, paid $500k for that piss poor performance, meanwhile other guys in the game for years are still netting under 6 figures?
                how does that answer my question? I didn't ask about a specific fighter and their purse money.

and the only reason I'm asking about UFC here because its been a hot topic lately.

Comment

• Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                  He sold out every fight, even against WADE he sold something like 17k seats. Yeah you heard it right.

Ignorant hater.
                  You're still here after Ward beat Krusher, I'm surprised.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
                    Ummmm no, the people criticizing this PPV fight are the same people that said GGG is a star, sells stadiums and got mad when Jacobs said he would fight gg for the right price.

In other words, the people criticizing this fight are Ggg fans
                    You are right and they aren't real boxing fans. They're just a cult of personality cult. Jacobs would be by far the best on his resume but these fans are content to argue fantasy matchups. When a real fight presents itself they want g to run away.

Comment

• Originally posted by eco1 View Post
                      this forum is hilarious.

"First everyone wants the fight and then no one is buying because it is ****"

Which one is it?
                      Originally posted by Face Of Boxing View Post
                      The same people dissing Jacobs now, were the same ones who said Jacobs would be the best fight for GGG. You can't make this stuff up. Just goes to show that no matter who he fights at 160, they will be mad.

Comment

Working...
                      X