Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kovalev held 54 times..where is the uproar?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by don larryx View Post
    Where are the same fans who said Floyd held to much and that Ward was the one who would be holding??
    Spoony gives us 4k resolution and super slow-mo with Spanish commentary. Why can't you do that?

Comment

Originally posted by don larryx View Post
      Where are the same fans who said Floyd held to much and that Ward was the one who would be holding??
      do you not have eyes????

is your nostrils in the way????

DO YOU EVEN WATCH WARD BRO?

That is his staple!!!! make the fight ugly, hit then hold, hold then hit....

how you gonna ask this question knowing ward's history and style?

you see,

this type of thinking is why we have a president donald trump. you people take simple facts and logic, evidence and make it about something else...

racism...
      xenophobia...
      white power....
      russia doe...

whatever....

you can never just look at straight facts anymore without trying to muddy the waters and trying to extrapolate racism or whatever semantic argument in order to defend your agenda...

WARD IS A CLINCHER.

He holds then hits, hits then holds,

head butt,

rinse and repeat.....

Kovalev is a ko fighter. all he wanted to do with ward was to stand up and trade... that is kovalev's style. kovalev's clinch was a defensive maneuver against ward's blatant spoiling tactics that he did not employ against a basic barerra or any of his multiple showcase tune up fights...

he and floyd never had a problem excessively clinching overmatched opponents but when it comes to actual threats, they go master spoiler, and its excused and passed off as boxing wizardry from people like you....

we have eyes.
      we have brains.

we see.

we think.

Now you over here trying to act like ward doesnt do this.. like he doesnt have HISTORY OF THIS.

Just because you in the hood dont mean you got mutual exclusivity rights to being "real" and "honest."

Comment

It was clear to me that the reverse headlock was something that Kovalev and JDJ had come up with in the gym to offset Ward getting inside.

Bad tactic.

It screams out a message to the judges.

It says "I can't fight inside so in order to avoid any chance of getting worked in close, I'll grab this guy in a way where nothing can readily happen in the short time it takes the ref to break us"

I think it played a huge factor in how the fight was scored and even possibly gave Ward rounds he otherwise may not have won.

I am amazed by all of the posters here who always have so much negative to say about the clinching of other fighters- most notable Wladimir Klitschko and Floyd Mayweather- yet make all sorts of rationalizations about a much worse performance than either of those guys ever turned in.

I don't remember any elite guy ever employing a reverse headlock so often.

Not ever.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
          It was clear to me that the reverse headlock was something that Kovalev and JDJ had come up with in the gym to offset Ward getting inside.

Bad tactic.

It says "I can't fight inside so in order to avoid any chance of getting worked in close, I'll grab this guy in a way where nothing can readily happen in the short time it takes the ref to break us"

I think it played a huge factor in how the fight was scored and even possibly gave Ward rounds he otherwise may not have won.

I am amazed by all of the posters here who always have so much negative to say about the clinching of other fighters- most notable Wladimir Klitschko and Floyd Mayweather- yet make all sorts of rationalizations about a much worse performance than either of those guys ever turned in.

Not ever.
          So Why the **** should Kovalev fight on the inside then? There is a reason why people called Andre Ward a dirty fighter because

1. He initiates the clinch.
          2. He holds and hits.
          3. Comes in with his head.

So Kovalev neutralized that **** by grabbing his head and locks his arms stupid. He ain't gonna let Andre Ward do that dirty ****. And now you all are complaining why Kovalev gets to neutralized Ward's so called 'inside' game?

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
            Ward initiated virtually every one by rushing in with his head and trying to hold and hit. Kovalev merely neutralised him
            Basically this lol

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post
              Larry, u got the "stupid post of the year award"
              He's got all the top 10

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post

Bad tactic.

Not ever.
                Judges dont giva or take points if they think that you cant fight inside LMAO dude........

Comment

Kovalev holding

I watched that fight twice. Granted some of the holds were to stop WARD from bullrushing which still doesn't excuse it. You side step and punch to avoid it. The other WWE headlocks clearly KOVALEV did those. Now he did those because to generate power he needs to extend those arms. I understand the strategy for sure but for anybody to say WARD was the culprit of the holding is crazy. Ward is notorious for fighting on the inside it would be stupid for him to hold and basically foil his usual way of fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                    So Why the **** should Kovalev fight on the inside then? There is a reason why people called Andre Ward a dirty fighter because

1. He initiates the clinch.
                    2. He holds and hits.
                    3. Comes in with his head.

So Kovalev neutralized that **** by grabbing his head and locks his arms stupid. He ain't gonna let Andre Ward do that dirty ****. And now you all are complaining why Kovalev gets to neutralized Ward's so called 'inside' game?
                    What I am saying is their choice of what to do probably wound up costing them.

There are other ways to deal with a guy rushing in than a reverse headlock, ways that don't look like the fighter employing them is desperately trying to avoid trading inside.

You are taking it as complaining.

I am trying to explain why Kovalev lost.

You'd better hope he comes up with something better in April to negate Ward inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
                      Judges dont giva or take points if they think that you cant fight inside LMAO dude........
                      But they do give or take points if the feeling is you don't want to fight.

They do take points if they feel you are holding to avoid fighting.

And this gets worse if they see your opponent repeatedly still get inside often enough to deliver hard body shots that clearly affect you.

I cannot stress enough how much of a factor this must have played in the scoring.

I think this is what was lost on a lot of ringside observers.

Unfortunately for Kovalev, the judges saw it just fine.

Comment

Working...
                      X