Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tszyu: Kovalev Must Stop Blaming Others, Fix His Mistakes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well to be fair Tszyu said if the fight was in Russia or neutral place Ward would not have won. What he said shouldn't be misrepresented, he doesn't think Ward won, he's saying that Ward won and "it is what it is", don't blame the judges or ref and fix the mistakes. He pretty much said Ward would not have had those scorecards in a neutral venue. He's just telling Kovalev to focus on the fight rather than the officials

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
      Sounds like Tszyu is jealous of the accolades Kovalev is getting as a Russian. Tszyu even brings up his career to try to say "I was able to work hard and come back after my loss, so unless Kovalev can come back from his 'loss' quote unquote quote, I'm better." Reminds me of Marquez constantly badmouthing Canelo, and when some fighters badmouthed Floyd for reasons that weren't as legit as others.

Then he contradicts himself about how Ward is an American superstar and "idol of millions" (really? Then why don't they show up to his fights?) so Kovalev had to win 12-0 or whatever. That's an even worse argument than "you have to take it from the champ." The champ thing at least makes sense in terms of a tiebreaker. Like if a champ spends years collecting belts, and the deciding rounds are literally too close to call, then you either score the fight a draw so the champ keeps his belts, or give him the benefit of the doubt in a coin toss round. But you basically don't let the challenger take away someone's years of work just by fighting even with them, or being within 1 punch either way and it's hard to tell.

So that at least makes sense. But saying Kovalev winning twice as many rounds and knocking Ward down wasn't enough really makes me question if Tszyu has an agenda here. I'm also of the theory that many pro boxers bet on Ward to win, and made money, so they want to justify their pick and their profiting off the fight so they don't feel guilty about it by lying to themselves that at least the fight could have gone either way, when deep down they even they were a lot more surprised with the Ward scorecards than they would have been had Kovalev been announced the winner.

There have also been accusations that Kovalev is a racist, and if black OR white boxers believe that, most don't like racists. Kovalev's also been accused of not liking women boxing or whatever. A lot of men in the west don't like people who say stuff like that. So basically all these pundits in the west have multiple reasons why they might prefer Ward to Kovalev personally, which is the only reason I see even like 20% of them saying Ward won, when in my opinion it would be closer to 95% if they were neutral.

I keep hearing from Ward fans that they watched it with 10 other Ward fans and every single one admit Ward got a gift. But I haven't heard of any Kovalev fans that that thought Ward won, except for some youtube commenters who claim to be Kovalev fans but have Rick Ross avatars and other clues that they're actually Ward fans pretending to be Kovalev fans to try to trick fan perception of this fight. Like that's how desperate some of these specific Ward fan boys, not normal Ward fans but the fan boys, are to try to make it seem like Ward won, because they know so few agree, that they are creating youtube comments to pretend to be Kovalev fans just to comment "Kovalev is actually my favorite fighter, but I scored this one 114-113 to Ward. Kovalev really gassed and Ward adjusted" even though Kovalev threw and landed more.

I think that weasel strategy just backfires though. I think it makes it more obvious to people who won, instead of trying to make it seem closer like they want to do. But yeah man Tszyu definitely seems to be biased against Kovalev, like a few others in the western boxing establishment I had it 8-4 Kovalev.
      All that hate and Tszyu didn't even say he had Ward winning, he admitted that in any other neutral venue/Russia Ward doesn't get those scorecards. What he said is being lost in translation by Kovalev fanboys. He even said he was rooting for Kovalev

Comment

when tszyu lost he didn't blame the ref or judges...yeah because you got ktfo! a little different then beating a guy for at least 7 rounds and yet they still say you lost don't you think?

Comment

Kovalev shouldnt take it an insult, rather a valuable advice. Kovalev should never play the victim card like what floyd f@gweather usually resorts to.

Comment

Originally posted by frantic fighter View Post
            Tszyu was 34 when he fought Hatton, Kovalev is 33, like I said he got that work. At least Naz came back and fought again after MAB, Tszyu was to broken to even do that.
            Had multiple surgeries too , was fighting sporadically and it was his last fight. Versus Kovalev who has never been injured...

Comment

Sounds like Tszyu is jealous of the accolades Kovalev is getting as a Russian. Tszyu even brings up his career to try to say "I was able to work hard and come back after my loss, so unless Kovalev can come back from his 'loss' quote unquote quote, I'm better." Reminds me of Marquez constantly badmouthing Canelo, and when some fighters badmouthed Floyd for reasons that weren't as legit as others.

Then he contradicts himself about how Ward is an American superstar and "idol of millions" (really? Then why don't they show up to his fights?) so Kovalev had to win 12-0 or whatever. That's an even worse argument than "you have to take it from the champ." The champ thing at least makes sense in terms of a tiebreaker. Like if a champ spends years collecting belts, and the deciding rounds are literally too close to call, then you either score the fight a draw so the champ keeps his belts, or give him the benefit of the doubt in a coin toss round. But you basically don't let the challenger take away someone's years of work just by fighting even with them, or being within 1 punch either way and it's hard to tell.

So that at least makes sense. But saying Kovalev winning twice as many rounds and knocking Ward down wasn't enough really makes me question if Tszyu has an agenda here. I'm also of the theory that many pro boxers bet on Ward to win, and made money, so they want to justify their pick and their profiting off the fight so they don't feel guilty about it by lying to themselves that at least the fight could have gone either way, when deep down they even they were a lot more surprised with the Ward scorecards than they would have been had Kovalev been announced the winner.

There have also been accusations that Kovalev is a racist, and if black OR white boxers believe that, most don't like racists. Kovalev's also been accused of not liking women boxing or whatever. A lot of men in the west don't like people who say stuff like that. So basically all these pundits in the west have multiple reasons why they might prefer Ward to Kovalev personally, which is the only reason I see even like 20% of them saying Ward won, when in my opinion it would be closer to 95% if they were neutral.

I keep hearing from Ward fans that they watched it with 10 other Ward fans and every single one admit Ward got a gift. But I haven't heard of any Kovalev fans that that thought Ward won, except for some youtube commenters who claim to be Kovalev fans but have Rick Ross avatars and other clues that they're actually Ward fans pretending to be Kovalev fans to try to trick fan perception of this fight. Like that's how desperate some of these specific Ward fan boys, not normal Ward fans but the fan boys, are to try to make it seem like Ward won, because they know so few agree, that they are creating youtube comments to pretend to be Kovalev fans just to comment "Kovalev is actually my favorite fighter, but I scored this one 114-113 to Ward. Kovalev really gassed and Ward adjusted" even though Kovalev threw and landed more.

I think that weasel strategy just backfires though. I think it makes it more obvious to people who won, instead of trying to make it seem closer like they want to do. But yeah man Tszyu definitely seems to be biased against Kovalev, like a few others in the western boxing establishment I had it 8-4 Kovalev.
              Lol, the bold was funny...and it explained a lot about you.

Comment

big fan of ward but he isn't the "idol of millions" lol.. ward and kovalev are both pretty much unknowns in the casual world and that will show itself in the PPV numbers..this was only a mega fight for hardcores. . and whats all this animosity towards american judges, sergey didn't complain when judges awarded him a split decision win against boone in 2010 even though he was dropped in the 7th round..i guess american judges were ok then right? and if fighting in the states was such an issue why would kovalev sign off on it? i dont wanna hear it. . he lost, i agree with tszyu that kovalev needs to stop pointing fingers and work on his conditioning instead, and improve his inside game because he has none.

Comment

I totally agree with Tszyu. Krusher threw that fight away after a strong start which suggested that he lost his focus and hence let Ward right back in the fight. You can see Sergey gets frustrated when he can't land his right hand, and Ward was able to slowly impose his rugged SOG style and nullify the danger in front of him.
                  I wanted Kovalev to win but he dropped the ball and Andre picked it up. All scoops go to Ward for the way he dusted himself down and turned it around. A little too much wrestling for my liking but Sergey had at least 12 weeks to prepare for that shti. Krusher has lots of work to do on his inside game.

Comment

Now that's a misleading headline.

Comment

lotta ****ty reading comp on this thread.

Comment

Working...
                      X