No announcement yet.

The Official: "SOG" Ward vs "King" Kovalev II Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

Why do people keep saying he was ready to quit? Literally no evidence of that at all, leading up to the stoppage.
    Body language. There were times when he completely turned his back to Ward without any prompt from the ref. Then he started trying to clinch more and more and scam Weeks into thinking he got hit low in the six round. Hell, he was complaining about "low blows" earlier than that because he knew they would slowly break him down.

Ward and his team had the perfect read on Sergey and his issues with conditioning and he exposed it all tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by SweetPbfAli View Post
      Excellent breakdown!
      Thank you, respect O.G.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

Why do people keep saying he was ready to quit? Literally no evidence of that at all, leading up to the stoppage.

Comment

• Originally posted by SweetPbfAli View Post
          Body language. There were times when he completely turned his back to Ward without any prompt from the ref. Then he started trying to clinch more and more and scam Weeks into thinking he got hit low in the six round. Hell, he was complaining about "low blows" earlier than that because he knew they would slowly break him down.

Ward and his team had the perfect read on Sergey and his issues with conditioning and he exposed it all tonight.
          I saw that too......

Comment

• I just watched the fight. The 1st body punch that hurt kov and slowed him down was on the belt line which is legal. Prior to the stoppage, kov was hurt by clean head shots. Now in the corner, when kov bent over, some of those shots were clearly low.

Kov was looking to quit imo but the stoppage felt a little early to me. As fans we deserved to see kov on his back Or face down ass up. Weeks should've allowed kov to keep going. A champion of his caliber deserves every chance to win so Ward could've got a clear ko win.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Tribe View Post
              Wow, you are actually giving a black fighter credit? Why would have known you'd be so tolerant tonight?
              Stfu dude. I like and have liked plenty of black boxers. My favorite boxer of all time is black. Your agenda is so idiotic. And also, I'm sure you meant "who would've known..." right? Imbecile.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
                Officially done with this sport. Never in my life seen a guy get low-blowed two times and the ref tell him to tough it up. Kova;ev was up like 5 rounds at that point too......phuck this bullschiet.

Comment

• Weeks is just saving face because his pre-fight instructions have him dictate the belt line is legal on Kovalev.
                  Last edited by SlySlickSmooth; 06-18-2017, 06:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post

Weeks is just saving face because his pre-fight instructions have him dictate the belt line is legal on Kovalev.
                    Green K sent!.............

Comment

• Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post

Weeks is just saving face because his pre-fight instructions have him dictate the belt line is legal on Kovalev.
                      That's a fake account.

Comment

Working...
                      X