Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official: "SOG" Ward vs "King" Kovalev II Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disgusting, you call it body work? The guy low blowing the guy and then only makes to land a clean punch, you need some glasses, just disgusting.... The ref doesn't give a fk about the low blows.. A classic, can't beat him, beget cheat him

Comment

• Officially done with this sport. Never in my life seen a guy get low-blowed two times and the ref tell him to tough it up. Kova;ev was up like 5 rounds at that point too......phuck this bullschiet.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        I agree.

The first two looked borderline but clean. Can't really tell about the last one.

However the stoppage by Weeks was terrible. It robbed Ward of getting a conclusive win. This is why I'm always harping about the refs needing to let the fight play out, let us get a definitive ending.
        Yeah I would much have preferred Weeks give Kov some time to rest from getting at least one low blow in that exchange, heck even take a point off from Ward.

Doesn't matter, Ward would have come back and stopped him. Kov looked clearly unwilling to continue and very much unable to defend himself. But the timing of the stoppage could and should be questioned

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          I agree.

The first two looked borderline but clean. Can't really tell about the last one.

However the stoppage by Weeks was terrible. It robbed Ward of getting a conclusive win. This is why I'm always harping about the refs needing to let the fight play out, let us get a definitive ending.
          Kovalev did not want to continue.

When Weeks stopped it....did Kovalev jump up and protest???

Nope

He stayed his whipped ass on the floor.

Comment

• Originally posted by b0x
            Shame I stayed up to watch a robbery. At Least I bet on the <10 rds.
            Never seen such a phucking POS fight before...never seen such corruption before

Comment

• Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
              I don't know how you can guys can see the finishing shots were low, the camera angle is no good to see.
              go away with your sensible comments.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gloveking View Post
                Disgusting, you call it body work? The guy low blowing the guy and then only makes to land a clean punch, you need some glasses, just disgusting.... The ref doesn't give a fk about the low blows.. A classic, can't beat him, beget cheat him
                J Prince in affect.

Comment

• Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
                  Kovalev stopped defending himself and gave Weeks a chance to stop the fight..... Weeks should have given him a count, it's a big fight give him a chance!!
                  Kovalev was literally finished!!!

Comment

• Ward clearly low punched , but Kov was gassed , he had no pop anymore (before the low blows) , i dont understand where was the count ? the guy was not hit in the face and out on his feet , he was not knocked down several times before , it wasnt a one sided fight that you just want to stop ..... not quite sure how you STOP THE FIGHT. but to be honest im 99% sure that a count wouldnt help here , Kov was DONE , if he gave him 5 min to recover from the first low blow then maybe he had a chance.
                    I wonder if Ward is going to fight Adonis , hoping that he might!!!!

Comment

• Wonder who Stevenson will face? He could face Ward, although I suspect Ward is gonna go on a long vacation. So will Kovalev be his next fight? Maybe a big fight in Canada where Kovalev can actually earn a decent paycheck.

Comment

Working...
                      X