Clear All

• Originally posted by Sup View Post
    Ward by SD in a robbery.

But I am hoping Kovalev disfigures him.
    Black man from Oakland did his thing.
    So jam to this, boy.

Comment

• Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
      On replay you can clearly see Ward put everything into that straight right that hurt kovalev. The blows were low that lead to the weird a$$ stoppage but Ward was clearly the better man tonight. Even if kovalev was given a standing eight count, he wouldn't have reached the final bell in the 12th.

Wow, you are actually giving a black fighter credit? Why would have known you'd be so tolerant tonight?

Comment

• Ward by KO/TKO
        -Incred-, 111shyguy76, 1hourRun, 2Slick, Allucard, bigjavi973, blacraven, Bravado, Brickyardigan, Celtic Hammer, Chun-li316, DeadLikeMe, FrankieBruno, Jedi Vader, JOSH OF LA, Keleneki, PunchMeIDareYou, The Tribe

That's right.

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
          Black man from Oakland did his thing.
          So jam to this, boy.
          Why do you make everything racial, boy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Coleman View Post
            Kova did not react like a guy who got hit repeatedly in the balls before or after the stoppage.

He was hurt!
            Exactly........................

Comment

• GIF: Ward vs. Kovalev II - LEGAL bodyshots

I want you all to noticcccce how Andre picks off Sergays jab to the body and successfully works off of it : it was really stupid of Kovalev to change the level into the area where Dre had more variety in his arsenal! but hey it worked against others right? thats what people do when they are desperate, go back to what works for them and Ward knew this and was ready.

...did Dre not show Kovalev mercy in this footage? did he not hurt him with a powerful legal body shot and relented his attack? please pay attention! there are TWO scenes here -- BOTH legal.

You see this explains the state of mind that Dre was in when he had Kovalev hurt in the 8th round ; Ward had already gave him a break and this time he would not hold back. Kovalev was going to get stopped, his body language says it all. You know I really think Ward has done Kovalev a great service, from now on hes going to have a few loyal supporters that will always contest these results and really in the mind of this euro-bum he still thinks hes undefeated and now has greater motivation to keep fighting....for that I am a little upset at Dre -- don't ever give your enemies a moral victory out of the kindness of your heart.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                Man...

None of the Kova bros want to talk about how utterly done Kovalev looks in this video, well before the low blows. How desperately he was trying to clinch while Ward was having none of it. How entirely in control Ward is. How few punches Kovalev is throwing.

Arguing about where the last few shots landed and the timing of the stoppage is fair but missing the bigger picture of the round. Yes, the fight shouldn't have been stopped at the particular moment that it did. And in fact, a point off or at minimum a warning plus a break for Kov would have been fair.

But, Ward demonstrated who the better fighter is tonight. That's the reality of this. Clinging onto the gifs of the last few shots will not change that reality.
                Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 06-18-2017, 11:35 AM.

Comment

• Another controversy and another black eye for boxing. Just what the sport doesn't need right now. With the upcoming Mayweather circus act, the credibility of boxing will suffer even further.

On neutral ground, there should have been a five minute delay before resuming the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

I want you all to noticcccce how Andre picks off Sergays jab to the body and successfully works off of it : it was really stupid of Kovalev to change the level into the area where Dre had more variety in his arsenal! but hey it worked against others right? thats what people do when they are desperate, go back to what works for them and Ward knew this and was ready.

...did Dre not show Kovalev mercy in this footage? did he not hurt him with a powerful legal body shot and relented his attack? please pay attention! there are TWO scenes here -- BOTH legal.

You see this explains the state of mind that Dre was in when he had Kovalev hurt in the 8th round ; Ward had already gave him a break and this time he would not hold back. Kovalev was going to get stopped, his body language says it all. You know I really think Ward has done Kovalev a great service, from now on hes going to have a few loyal supporters that will always contest these results and really in the mind of this euro-bum he still thinks hes undefeated and now has greater motivation to keep fighting....for that I am a little upset at Dre -- don't ever give your enemies a moral victory out of the kindness of your heart.
                    Excellent breakdown!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sup View Post
                      Why do you make everything racial, boy?
                      Because that's how you and your kind minds are programmed. What could make Americans cheer against another American especially against a Russian? I am sure the answer is racial, as you say, boy.

But victory was ours tonight!
                      Mr and Mrs Andre Ward

Comment

Working...
                      X