Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official: "SOG" Ward vs "King" Kovalev II Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• from the body kovalev landed he won that 12th, ward froze up and bow';d down to kovalev fight style and only tried something from the safety of a clinch.

Comment

• Is it main event time???

Comment

• The commentators calling the round replays is fun to watch. I think I gave Kovalev round 10, and Ward round 12. I feel more strongly about the latter on the replay, probably would still give Kov round 10.

Comment

• I'm basically on Paulie's side. It was a clearcut NC but since Flores is a diving **** give him the L

Comment

• This sport always surprises you.
            I just hope the revise this to a no contest and no rematch is ever ordered.

Comment

• Originally posted by DannYankee View Post
              That was a clear NC IMO then they fk up the decision then HBO comes out influencing the commission on live TV trying super hard to to get Rigondeaux DQ'd that was beyond corrupt looking... this was boxing in a nutshell. I just can't believe we saw them do it live on TV.
              The ref made his ruling. Generally, the referee's ruling stands. Its not the referee's ruling stands unless we don't like it.

Also, if it is ruled a foul, he should have been given 5 min, and if he was unable to continue afterwards, he loses. Duran vs Buchanan style.

I agree with roy jones, because they were both still throwing. If Flores stopped at the bell, and Rigo continued, yeah DQ him, make it a NC.

But Rigo was fighting back, and Flores was fighting back.

Comment

• Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                It was weird. In no way should rigo be disqualified. It should be a NC, not a knockout win for Rigo.

NC is the only thing that is needed. Although leaving it as a KO win for Rigo I will not complain because I think the guy took a dive.
                That's the only reason I wasn't as pissed as much it was bull**** to call it a Knockout, but I thought cause Karma screw it, they where both firing at each other and it wasn't intentionally after the bell. Then Lampley comes in trying to influence the commission pushing for a DQ extremely hard on live TV that was just a bad look for boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by SugarRayRob View Post
                  Nowhere near as bad as Weidman's Holywood milk job he did against Mousasi.

*Looks at join date* 2 days ago.
                  *Looks at avatar* Conor Mcgregor.
                  *Looks at sig* Conor again...

What's the bet that after Mayweather makes Conor look like a 15yr old school girl in the ring, that we'll never see your account post here again.

Speaking of WWE, didn't a uncordinated WWE roid monkey win a UFC heavyweight title? And did it soo easily that it made the UFC look like that pathetic amateur organisation that it is?
                  what happens when boxing is exposed by the great one?

Comment

• Anyone got a good link?

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbawse View Post
                      i thought boxing wasnt full of actors? wwe = boxing
                      BTW, Speaking of WWE, didn't a uncoordinated WWE roid monkey win a UFC heavyweight title?

And did it so easily that it made the UFC look like that pathetic amateur organisation that it is?

Comment

Working...
                      X