No announcement yet.

The Official: "SOG" Ward vs "King" Kovalev II Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
    Ppl gotta stop hating on Rigo in the heat of the moment your in fight mode either way he's a beast and p4p best imo.

If his last name was goshokinov you guys would all be busting nuts over him
    Wait, are you seriously trying to say that Russian/Eastern Euro fighters get more over hyped than American/South American and black fighters?

Bahahaha. Wow. Now I've heard it all.

Comment

• Rigo got to move up in weight. Nobody at 122 and nobody is coming down to fight him.

Comment

• Roman vs Rungvisai will be BIG. Second biggest fight of the year for me.

Comment

• Should have been a NC. Not 4 rds yet and the ref was getting between them.

DQ is acceptable -- that's what Dirrell got for a cleaner punch that landed ON the bell. Holding was involved and it was clearly after the bell.

KO I can't see. The rules are pretty cut and dry there.

Comment

• Originally posted by DannYankee View Post
            HBO trying to get Rigo DQ'd lol this even funnier than the dumb ass decision before.
            Rigo just can't catch a break for the life of him. He gets a first round KO, HBO goes in on him trying to get it changed to a DQ.

Comment

• What a **** show that was my god...Anyways MAIN EVENT TIME BABY!!!! WAR KRUSHERRRR

Comment

• Even if they give Rigo the loss, everybody knows what really went on.

It doesn't mean anything really. Nobody gives a **** about Chucky.

Rigo's the man to beat. Someone should step up.

Comment

• Originally posted by EL_GRINGO View Post
                  Who can overrule it and how does it work?
                  I'm not positive who, but they have to change the ruling plenty of times, most often due to drug test results. I assume the commissioner gets the final call, but I can't say with 100% certainty how these things typically get done.

I'd be disappointed if they really call this one a DQ, since Flores was also punching and clearly oversells the effect of that last punch. But at the end of the day there is no argument that it was a punch after the bell, so a DQ is within the realm of reason unfortunately.

KO is clearly a bad call so the other team will rightfully complain about it.
                  Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 06-17-2017, 09:40 PM.

Comment

• Flores flopped like a *****.
                    He shouldn't ever be on a PPV again.

Comment

• The decision is going to be changed to NC. Punch was clearly after the bell, you don't reward someone with a KO victory when the punch lands after the bell.

Comment

Working...
                      X