Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Sr. on Golovkin Comparisons: I Was on a Different Level

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rock&Roll View Post
    Chavez is one of my favourite fighters of all time but golovkin is not fat behind him on the skill level, if not in front.
    Chavez had a 100% pro style, like Conelo. And like many Mexicans, he probably started boxing pro at age 15. Whilst these guys were perfecting the art of upper body movement, infighting and power shots etc etc(more common in pros), GG was getting groomed through the Russian amateur system, when they scored different and only had to touch your opponent to get a point.
    To lose under 10 fights in 350, competing in several world champions, olympics etc it must be noted GG can box as the AIBA have not designed amateur boxing for the knockout.
    We saw this for the FIRST time against lemieux. Thought we would have seen everything he had to offer by then, and proved he wasn't one dimensional pressure fighter.
    When he wants to unify couple belts, GG didn't lose a single round on all 3 judges score cards.
    On the other side of the coin when Chavez wanted to unify a couple belts, Taylor out boxed him for 12 rounds
    and Chavez didn't win more than 2 rounds in that fight before he knocked him out. It must also be noted in this fight Chavez could not adjust and cut off the ring. Taylor circled to the left for the entire 12 rounds and all Chavez needed to do was take a step to his right and cut him off, but instead followed him around the ring like a Rookie (I don't think GG would fail to do this). Thank God he stopped him late in the 12th (taylor may have been worn out from punching him so much) as my favourite fighter/icon won.
    In conclusion: Chavez was great, but not all round great. He wouldn't do well in the Olympics, and had only one come forward style (which i do enjoy).

good god, did you just compare Taylor to Lemieux ?

log off

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Cipher View Post
      Well it's definitely a different era and GGG doesn't have the great talents to test himself against. I didnt really compare them, Chavez did...but it's not a fair comparison. I think GGG should stay at 160. Thats a REAL weight class not some half way mark created for golden boys like SR Leonard. Anyone who complains about Canelo's 155 thing should also banish 154, 168 etc. Brook did the right thing, he didnt take the easy road going to fake ass 154. Why should GGG clean out a fake weight class when he is untouchable at the greatest weight class of all time? let the 168 fighters get off the doritos and come to 160. If thats too low, stop playing the weight drain game and go to 175 and try your luck with the boss there, Kovalev. Chavez had a plethora of big names and talents to go after in all those 5 pound increments...but GGG is the top dog in a classic weight class. The challengers need to come to him. When Bernard Hopkins did it at 160, everyone called it making history and that dude is like 6'2 and walks around about 220.

FK you're an idiot

Comment

says he is a boxer, proves he is a casual-fan LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          FK you're an idiot
          You lose. Again. Turd Boi.

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Cipher View Post
            You lose. Again. Turd Boi.

you said that Kovalev would knock Ward out

so..... you take another L, b1tch

I must admit..... your boxingscene resume is looking truly dreadful kid, nothing but losses

some would call you a journeyman, but I would call you a punching bag

how strange that your boxing knowledge resembles a dog-turd..... especially considering that you were a 16yo boxing phenom, despite being a professional MMA fighter at the time.....

..... I guess that must have been difficult, considering that you were also likely running for the office of President of the United States as well as single-handedly building satellites to save the world from global warming..... all before summer break

Comment

Lou Cipher..... a true man of steel.

took more kicks to the vagina in the last week than Hillary

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                Yea but 80% of over 100 fights means he fought more great fighters than anyone of this era except Floyd an si manny. He would be on par with them. Let's not forget his run wen he was demolishing Chapo Rosario, Machi Camacho, Juan Laporte, Roger Mayweather etc. He has one every hell of a resume even if you throw out his first 80 fights. Way more quality in the short list I mentioned compared to GGG's resume
                I agree with pretty much everything you said. He faced and beat some top fighters convincingly but also had a few lucky breaks in my opinion such as the Taylor and Whitaker fights. My main point was that he really faced some truly inferior competition when he was already a world champion with over 50 fights. Im talking guys with losing records and single digit fights. Made Danny garcia's fights with salka and vargas look like wars. As for ggg, he definitely needs some better names on his resume. Problem is, everyone in his division either prices themselves out (eubank) , tries to buy more time with tune up fights (Jacob's and Saunders) or just straight up drops belts (no name necessary) .

Comment

Originally posted by rrayvez View Post
                  Well we all have to take into account that it's easier to look more dynamic when 80% of Chavez Sr competition was D level comp. Ggg looks impressive vs c level and maybe b level competition.
                  Chavez fought far more champions than GGG has faced, in more divisions and over a much longer time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
                    Are you st.upid?

Hahaha outboxed during 12 rounds? Hahaha Chavez was demolishing Taylor but Taylor was a beast with magical hands. Turbo speed but Chavez was punching him with solid hands.

You are fu.ckin stupid, was not a single punch. Taylor received an industrial amount of punches and he lost his soul and health that night.

And the rivals of GGG are pure ****, Chavez would never lost a round vs garbage like Rosado. Gale. Murray and that bags of ****.

Learn about boxing. The same GGG said that Chavez was his idol and GGG never will be in the same level.

And this is pro boxing, not amateur.

Jessie Magdaleno has 200 amateur fights and doesn't lost more than 15, and he is better than Chavez?

Well, this is pointless debating with a half wit mexican about a mexican fighter, who has to reduce himself to calling some stranger names on the internet. It's my OBJECTIVE opinion and i'm not going to debate it with some immature teenage kid who thinks Chavez was winning that fight. Why couldn't Chavez cut the ring ffs!! Enjoy living in a narco state.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                      FK you're an idiot
                      They're just hard-up for a hero.

That's why they take this **** so seriously.

If you think they're hating now...just wait until this new wave of Brothers hits the boxing scene.

Comment

Working...
                      X