Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Sr. on Golovkin Comparisons: I Was on a Different Level

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, Chavez was better than Golovkin and Roman Gonzalez.

Chavez had a great movement of head, a great bending, and a spectacular body work, a perfect Hook to the body and a ridiculous stamina.

An a steel jaw.

If GGG wants compare with jcc he needs clean 168 pounds.

Chavez was champ in 130 and then cleaned 140.

Originally posted by JASON SHAW View Post
    Ggg loves dominating bums but chavez sr is the biggest bum beater in the history of boxing... Resume full of mexican landscapers and taco cart chefs.......
    Poor i.d.i.o.t, learn about boxing, he unified in 3 divisions, jerk. And when he was old he was fighting Withaker, Tzyu, De la Hoya, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post
      I was a Chavez Sr. fan back in the day, and a GGG fan now. Different weights, different times, so hard to compare.

For sure Chavez Sr. was the more accomplished, and at his peak, every fight was just 12 rounds of unrelenting pressure as his chin let him walk through anything coming the other way. None could stand up to that pressure and eventually wilted.

Closest was Taylor of course, just seconds. Taylor hit Chavez with everything in that fight and totally outclassed him in the early rounds. If anything Taylor exhausted himself by hitting Chavez so much - was like hitting a tank until he got too tired to keep it up and the tank started fighting back, at which point the pressure took over and Taylor just couldn't stand in the fire till the final second (fair stoppage, but oh so close.....).

So Chavez unquestionably the most accomplished, but I see GGG as more skilled - he wouldn't have taken THAT many shots from Taylor, and the stoppage would have been earlier (assuming same weight, same time etc). All GGG can continue doing is keep beating whoever they put in front of him, just like Chavez did - GGG might never have the opportunity to fight through as much class opposition as Chavez did simply because its not there, so we end up with 'what ifs' with GGG (what if prime Mugabi, what if prime Hagler etc etc). Not his fault, his legacy won't be any better by beating Saunders, Jacobs, Quillin, Lee back-to-back as none of them are seen as Haglers or Mugabis.
      What a s.t.u.p.i.d comment.

No way GGG is more skilled than Chavez.

And Taylor has a stupid and ridiculous hand speed, he had more speed than Pacquiao, that was the key for be the best rival of Chavez in his prime.

And Chavez was not just a tank, he has a good defense and made Taykor fail a lot of punches.

In one moment Taylor failed a combo because Chavez used his head movement and went to he floor.

Golovkin is great but now he is far of Chavez.

And the rivals of GGG are poor sh.it, is not the fault of GGG but Is real.

And I love Ggg

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
        It's a completely different generation to speculate but let's go back to his generation and why he ducked Pryor and Duran...
        Is this a joke or are you getting your era's mixed up.Because neither shared a weight division with Chavez at even remotely the same time.

Comment

This is the difference:

Chavez no doubt was the best insider fighter of all the times. He was to complete.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
            Ggg is basic, but so was chavez sr, chavez sr had one chin on him, but when he moved up to fight guys his size he couldnt shine or impose himself.
            Another I.d.i.ot post, Chavez was a beast in 130, 135 and 140.

Up to 140 was too much for him, he was 170 cm of height and 172 cm of range.

Comment

Ggg loves dominating bums but chavez sr is the biggest bum beater in the history of boxing... Resume full of mexican landscapers and taco cart chefs...

BWaHaahahaaHA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rrayvez View Post
                Well we all have to take into account that it's easier to look more dynamic when 80% of Chavez Sr competition was D level comp. Ggg looks impressive vs c level and maybe b level competition.
                Yea but 80% of over 100 fights means he fought more great fighters than anyone of this era except Floyd an si manny. He would be on par with them. Let's not forget his run wen he was demolishing Chapo Rosario, Machi Camacho, Juan Laporte, Roger Mayweather etc. He has one every hell of a resume even if you throw out his first 80 fights. Way more quality in the short list I mentioned compared to GGG's resume

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
                  It's a completely different generation to speculate but let's go back to his generation and why he ducked Pryor and Duran...
                  Another **** of comment.

Are you s.t.u.pid? In 1987 Chavez was in 130 pounds and and Pryor at the end of his prime in 140 pounds.

About he ducked Duran hahaha the stupidest post on here.

Comment

Ggg loves dominating bums but chavez sr is the biggest bum beater in the history of boxing... Resume full of mexican landscapers and taco cart chefs.......
                    Not true. Chavez fought everybody he needed to fight. A true all time great .

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Cipher View Post
                      We will never see GGG get dropped by crackheads like Frankie Randall
                      And we will never see GGG unified in 3 divisions or at least clean out 168 pounds.

And wait, a lot of great fighters lost with that kind of fighters when they were out of his prime. And Chavez was with drugs problems and a lot of problems out of the ring.

Ray Robinson lost with a Mexican cab driver. Duran had a lot of loses, etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X