Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev Will Exercise Immediate Rematch Clause

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would say hold the rematch at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY. I think that would be a good venue to have it, but I'm assuming it'll be at the T-Mobile Arena again. I personally saw the match as a draw but with the knockdown by Kovalev, he should've gotten the decision.

I could see Ward matching up with Cleverly and Kovalev matching up with Stevenson before the rematch. Build it up a little more, Ward would easily beat Cleverly and I would have Kovalev KOing Stevenson.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
      Gonna order a pizza. Dedicate it to all the Ward haters. What toppings should I get?

Meatlovers.

Comment

No surprise at all. Can't wait to see this again.

Comment

Originally posted by kombayn View Post
          I would say hold the rematch at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY. I think that would be a good venue to have it, but I'm assuming it'll be at the T-Mobile Arena again. I personally saw the match as a draw but with the knockdown by Kovalev, he should've gotten the decision.

I could see Ward matching up with Cleverly and Kovalev matching up with Stevenson before the rematch. Build it up a little more, Ward would easily beat Cleverly and I would have Kovalev KOing Stevenson.
          If anything, I see the opposite. I see Ward vs. Stevenson and Kovalev vs. Cleverly. Ward's contract with HBO expired last night. It's now or never for a fight with Stevenson! Unfortunately, if Duva exercises the immediate rematch, we may never see Ward or Kovalev fight Stevenson! Beterbiev might get to Stevenson before Ward or Kovalev!

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
            Ward had him figured out in the second half. Ward wins the rematch clearly.
            Agreed, Kovalev did not have an answer in the second half of the fight and looked to be fading upon realising he could not get him out on the power he has always relied on when his own skill fails him.

Comment

Getting robbed in the biggest fight of your life(second most important fight of the decade) where you clearly won and did things to a potential ATG that nobody else has ever even come close to when so much was on the line, of course you feel for the man. I have believed that Kovalev is the #1 boxer in the world for a while now and last night proved it. It's just another travesty in Boxing and it is really the absolute worst time for something like this happen right now when MMA is starting to take over.

Comment

These are professional judges, they do this, they know what they look for, ALL 3 scored it EXACTLY THE SAME. WARD UD. Kovalevs knows power and when that is not working, its a match up of skill, which he never been in the ring with someone with so much. And the higher skilled "boxer" won another boxing match, in professional boxing. When a pucher and a superior boxer face-off, they superior boxer wins most of the time. Isnt that what boxing really shows...that you dont have to be the most powerful to win, you dont have to be the strongest, but if you use your smarts...YOU CAN WIN!
                Every close match is not a robbery...noobs

Comment

kov needs to lay it all on the line in the rematch and come out guns blazing.
                  Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                  Ward had him figured out in the second half. Ward wins the rematch clearly.
                  yeah i think so too. ward was pretty comfortable in the 2nd half of fight.

Comment

In my mind, the fight is only half way completed.

This is going to be a 24 round fight. The first 12 are over, and the next 12 will determine the real winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Horus View Post
                      Kathy good luck with that rematch clause.
                      I agree, not gonna happen.

Comment

Working...
                      X