Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev Will Exercise Immediate Rematch Clause

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something to consider, during the interview, Kovalev said one thing...

He wanted to give fans a good exciting fight, and why he did not want it to be over in a few short rounds.

You could see him letting go the gas, just like he did with Pascal... in order to punish him.

Credit to ward for fighting back somewhat.... but in no case, did Ward "Beat" the champ. IT as a gift decision.

During the rematch... you will have one PISSED OFF Kovalev... will be lucky if it goes 3 rounds before Ward is knocked the hell out and taken out on a stretcher.

Comment

Originally posted by MaksBox View Post
      Something to consider, during the interview, Kovalev said one thing...

He wanted to give fans a good exciting fight, and why he did not want it to be over in a few short rounds.

You could see him letting go the gas, just like he did with Pascal... in order to punish him.

Credit to ward for fighting back somewhat.... but in no case, did Ward "Beat" the champ. IT as a gift decision.

During the rematch... you will have one PISSED OFF Kovalev... will be lucky if it goes 3 rounds before Ward is knocked the hell out and taken out on a stretcher.
      Precisely, but that will largely go ignored.

It's one of the reasons I am confident that Kovalev wins by stoppage in the rematch.

Comment

LOl no Kov did try to stop him on the knockdown.

Comment

Originally posted by JaguaresMx View Post
          I think Kovalev will fold Ward like a chair.

I thought it was a 50-50 fight. But despite Ward's win, this felt like the best possible circumstances and judges for Ward. Kovalev found out that he has very little to fear from Ward other than some good body punches and sneaky clinching.

If the fight is tomorrow or a year from now, i got Kovalev KO.

Remember: even if he lost (do not think so), he just lost by ONE point to a p4p ATG.

He is going to fold him like a chair. Ward's skills won't save him next time.

ONE point.

Ward was CLEARLY underdone

he will be MUCH better with that fight under his belt

the rematch will be much harder for Kovalev, who will start to have problems in round 1 next time, not in round 6

the better fighter will make the better adjustments, and the better fighter is Andre Ward..... Ward has had a real good look at Kovalev, now there are no surprises

Ward UD12, to remain undefeated

Comment

oh, btw.....

eat up all you Ward-haters, dinner is on me.....

that's it guys, smear on as much as you like.....

especially you Lou Cipher LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
              Ward was CLEARLY underdone

he will be MUCH better with that fight under his belt

the rematch will be much harder for Kovalev, who will start to have problems in round 1 next time, not in round 6

the better fighter will make the better adjustments, and the better fighter is Andre Ward..... Ward has had a real good look at Kovalev, now there are no surprises

Ward UD12, to remain undefeated
              I disagree you don't come back the same when you get hit by Kovalev like Ward did Ward paid a price in this fight I see Kovalev wining the next fight by ko

Comment

Even though Kovalev won the fight, he's clearly going to win the rematch. Kovalev coasted during the second half and didn't put in much effort. Looks like he was frustrated. I doubt he'll make the same mistake the second time around.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                  Kovalev's dangerous early so there is always intrigue. I just hope they get a ref that allows inside fighting. Kovalev had him in headlocks trying to avoid the trenches.
                  Absolutely. If Ward happens to start off the rematch winning the way he was winning the 2nd half of this fight, it will still be an on the edge of your seat kind of fight. Kovalev clearly has power that can rattle Ward with any of his punches at pretty much any time in the fight.

On the flip side, who knows maybe Kovalev starts off strong again and gets a stoppage.

Any way you think it can go it's almost definitely must watch tv.

Comment

Recap: Ward takes Kovalevs best shot, gets up, adjusts and whips his ass the rest of the way, even though the ref let Kovalev hold and do all the things people said Ward would do...Ward isnt afraid of his power and thats the only thing kovalev had over Ward, now thats gone....Wow the better "boxer" wins again. SHOCKED I TELL YA, SHOCKED!

Comment

Not sure that Ward figured him out u you can easily make a case for the last 6 rounds being 3-3.

All the rounds Ward won were close.

Comment

Working...
                      X