• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    war white fighters

anti-war non white fighters
    Lmfao

"Anti-war."

Comment

We have a black super hyped fighter in Errol Spence right and last time I checked, he was black

Comment

Originally posted by Banko Villas View Post
        As a black man, I am happy that Trump won. He can hate me if he wants or love me if he wants, I don't care, but we know that he is not corrupt like Hillary is.
        Social Experiments From The Obvious Kind

Comment

ATG idiotic thread.

Comment

Broner was one of the most hyped fighters in boxing history and he was only 24/25 at the time. We had so called "experts" labeling him the next great fighter. He imploded, failed to win the big one and has done **** since then.

McG has similar hype but he has also won most of his big fights and avenged his most high profile loss. There is night and day between those 2.

Comment

If you're good, and you're a minority in a sport then you're easier to hype. That works for everyone.

Example: Jeremy Lin, Serena Williams, Tiger Woods, Ichiro, Yao Ming etc.

Comment

I get what you're trying to say but all the fighters you mentonied are HBO fighters, HBO always over hype there fighters

Comment

And they have to create another alt just to repeat the same thing. Seems they have alt factories.

These GGG detractors have a way of turning things around. It's like racists calling others racists. It's laughable.

Just imagine if GGG was black.

Comment

[/QUOTE]
                    Originally posted by Banko Villas View Post
                    Are white fighters more easily hyped? For example...

Imagine if Broner was white. People would respect him more, despite acting like a jerk, because it's bad for the white man's confidence to see a black man with so much confidence. My proof? McGregor is the most beloved personality in MMA at the moment and he acts worse than Broner!

Imagine if a black man did what Golovkin did. Fighting in a weak division for years and his best win is a guy who moved up two weight classes... People would say "he needs to prove himself!", "we don't know how good he is yet!", etc... My proof? Notice how white fans react to Joshua and Wilder, both knocking out lame opposition like Golovkin, but still not getting accepted. Joshua is actually fighting much better opposition now than Golovkin fought at that point in his career and Brook made Golovkin look lame. We don't know how good Golovkin is yet.

When a black man looks bad in a fight, like Ortiz in his last fight, people insist on him being exposed, just like they will say Wilder is exposed when he gets knocked out someday. Golovkin and Kovalev both looked absolutely horrible in their last fights. Golovkin got outboxed by Brook in the first two rounds and took too many punches, getting shaky legs (I should make a gif with that). But people start making excuses about it, lol. And Kovalev looked so amateurish against Chilemba, but it didn't keep white fans from insisting on him being able to KO Ward (who really is leagues above Chilemba).

There are countless of more examples, keep that in mind and think about it a bit before you base your answer on only the points I made above... The white fans need to start judging fighters by fair and objective criteria.
                    I think you're mistaking a casuals opinion to somebody who knows what they're talking about.

Joshua is currently the biggest hype job ever, that doesn't mean he isn't loved by the UK but his resume is awful, his biggest win is Dillian Whyte but he's adored by the whole country.

Golovkin is hyped but people who know what they're talking about wont forget to remind you his resume is also pretty **** and he hasn't fought any spectacular opposition.

Broner is a fool that's why people don't like him black or white, fool is fool.

And Ortiz recently fought somebody who continually ran away and didn't want to fight, he won one of the widest UD's I've ever seen so I don't really see the argument there...

Wilder is exposed and will get knocked out when he faces decent opposition, I just hope the same doesn't happen to Joshua

Comment

First post and I fully expect to get slaughtered.

First off - I know nothing about boxing and really have only started to appreciate it over the last few years. I've been reading these forums for about a year now but haven't posted as I have nothing constructive to add but like reading everyone elses opinion. Besides, everyone knows a lot more than me! First fight I ever really watched properly was Mayweather Jr vs Hatton in what I think was 2008?

Anyway. One thing I've noticed about this forum is the race divide. Is Racism really that much of an issue in boxing? seems to be almost tribal on these boards yet I never got that feeling when watching the matches on TV

Comment

Working...
                      X