X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    Of course they are easier to hype

boxing is dominated by deeply melanated people....Blacks, hispanics, and asians....yet most of the powerful people in the sport are not melanated people.

majority of the all time greats are people of color as well.

also boxing isnt as popular as other sports to american whites.

especially in the US, Where there are little to no white stars, its easier to hype them.

No sport is more pure and masculine than boxing so of course, the powers that be, knows its easier to hype white fighters because white fans will get behind them regardless if they are elite level. They want someone to get behind too.

for example.....fighters like butterbean had a great following, imagine how much Hype Gatti would have had if he actually was as talented as De La Hoya or Mayweather.

"for example.....fighters like butterbean had a great following, imagine how much Hype Gatti would have had if he actually was as talented as De La Hoya or Mayweather.[/QUOTE]"

^^^^^^^^

Butterbean was 4 round 300 pound circus knockout act from the toughman level following in which he dominated that type of fighting and even had his own video games. Nothing to do with nothing as usual that you post. Gatti got more hype because he was a brawler, it had nothing to do with talent, all his fights were wars ,had he fought like Mayweather no one would care as much about him bc he wouldn't have the Mayweather name. You don't know what you are talking about as usual. lol

now I expect some absurd illogical come back ......

Comment

"White fighters" tend to have a more fan friendly, entertaining style compared to black fighters who take a more cautious, safety first approach to the sport and sometimes get overshadowed by their european counterparts.

Comment

Originally posted by CasualFan View Post
        Anyway. One thing I've noticed about this forum is the race divide. Is Racism really that much of an issue in boxing?
        It is for me. I'm probably one of the more racist people you'd ever meet. I'm very pro-white fighter. Very, very pro-white fighter (and just white folks in general I guess). I'm from North Carolina. Rural North Carolina. We don't get many ethnics around here. I'm a big fan of Brian Sutherland, perhaps you've heard of him. Anyway it's rather challenging being racist in public these days, even in North Carolina, so these boards provide a safe haven for me to safely indulge in my racist ways.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post

"for example.....fighters like butterbean had a great following, imagine how much Hype Gatti would have had if he actually was as talented as De La Hoya or Mayweather.
          "

^^^^^^^^

what do i need a comeback for?

The united states and other countries are run by white supremacist AND people with inferiority issues.

example....Canelo is a good fighter, one of the best in the world but if he was black, he'd just be another good fighter among many....the guy is a mexican, that looks like he came straight from europe...do you really have to wonder why he is a star? hell i have friends that thought he was white or from spain until i told them his background

like I said before....imagine how Hyped Gatti would have been if he had all time great talent....Graziano...Mcguigan as well...these dudes are in the hall of fame? for what? definitely not for what they accomplished....many site "social" influence and popularity.

if he fought like mayweather and had the talent of mayweather....he'd have been more beloved, even if he had the wanna be persona like Conor McGregor

terms like great white hope wasnt coined by blacks, mexicans, asians...it was coined by.......white people with inferiority complex

you cant handle the truth....get over it

Comment

you say about black fighters not getting hyped, but you use broner as an example? One of the most undeservedly hyped fighters of this decade. A bizarre choice

Comment

Conor McGregor assaults elderly women and beats people over bowling matches?

Ghetto people might not be able to tell the difference between a stage act and actually being trash but normal people can. That may be the piece of the puzzle you're missing.

Overhypedness happens when a large fanbase is thin on wins. "Great white hope" used to be the term when white americans watched boxing, but all the great white American boxers seemed to have retired.

Nowadays you see every black american fighter with even 1 decent win immediately hyped as "the next floyd", including a flop like broner, because it's a huge fanbase with a weak roster.
              Last edited by ////; 11-16-2016, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                "White fighters" tend to have a more fan friendly, entertaining style compared to black fighters who take a more cautious, safety first approach to the sport and sometimes get overshadowed by their european counterparts.
                black fighters just make it look easier, more graceful. people usually envy what they are overcritical about

takes rhythm, athleticism and grace to use the "urban" boxing style.

Willie pep fought in this manner, one of my favorite fighters, but you hardly hear or heard anyone degrade him because of his style and temperment, like Floyd, whitaker, jones etc who were all dominant, fun to watch, all time greats, but were considered boring lol

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                  black fighters just make it look easier, more graceful. people usually envy what they are overcritical about

takes rhythm, athleticism and grace to use the "urban" boxing style.

Willie pep fought in this manner, one of my favorite fighters, but you hardly hear or heard anyone degrade him because of his style and temperment, like Floyd, whitaker, jones etc who were all dominant, fun to watch, all time greats, but were considered boring lol
                  And that may be true. Problem is, being graceful, defensive, technical, etc doesnt equate to entertainment value for everyone. The average casual fan will tune out after 2 rounds of that style of fighting.

As far as RJJ and Whitaker, I've never seen anyone accuse them of being boring. Especially not RJJ. I've seen criticism of whitaker but even being a defensive fighter, he was quite entertaining to watch.
                  Last edited by Deevel916; 11-16-2016, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Is Spence white? He's the king of 147 by beating Algieri

Comment

Originally posted by Banko Villas View Post
                      Imagine if a black man did what Golovkin did. Fighting in a weak division for years and his best win is a guy who moved up two weight classes...
                      People would call him Bernard Hopkins.

Comment

Working...
                      X