Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pac-Vargas prelim buys estimated at 225-250K buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not surprised at all. I thought it would do around 250K.

This basically means that Kovalev and Ward will likely do less than 200K. Probably around Lemieux-GGG numbers of 150K.

Comment

Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
      And how many times do we have to repeat boxing is dying?
      That sums it all up. And it won't get any better with the current crop of fighters today.

Comment

Thats a decent number for a PPV not on a major platform

But its all tried and tested anyway, Pacquiao will draw whoever he fights (even if its not as much as he used to)

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
          a source for where you got the initial satellite projections would be helpful.

$60 per PPV (Top Rank, as the distributor, keeps the $10 HD fee) @250k PPV buys gets you to $15m in PPV revenue, or $8m once the cable/satellite distributors gets paid.

$8m on the PPV, $4m on the gate, with the extra revenue streams (Vargas got $2.5m, Pacquiao got $4m) and Top Rank likely made a nice penny on the fight, with the number likely not getting anywhere near it needs to be for Arum to pay Pacquiao any more money.
          Neither Top Rank, nor any other distributor, keeps the $10 HD fee. Absolutely incorrect.

Comment

I heard Kathy Duva on the HBO boxing podcast saying she saw a facebook live stream of the Manny fight that had 170,000 viewers lol. I guess she was doing her homework to try to shut down some of that stuff for the Ward-Kovalev fight. That's where a lot of the buys of the past go now, illegal streaming

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBlanco View Post
              Neither Top Rank, nor any other distributor, keeps the $10 HD fee. Absolutely incorrect.
              When HBO puts on event, the only money that gets split with anyone is the standard fee for the PPV event; the cable/satelite distributors gets their fee (generally about 40%), HBO takes their 7.5%, and the balance goes to the event promoter.

The $10 HD fee goes somewhere, and you've yet to provided an example for where that money could possibly go, beyond saying, flatly, that I was simply wrong.

Comment

Working...
              X