No announcement yet.

Pac-Vargas prelim buys estimated at 225-250K buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BennyBlanco View Post
    The final, real buy number for Pac-Bradley III was 300K. Pac-Vargas did significantly less.

Based on satellite and telco buy numbers (which were available Wednesday), and some very preliminary estimates from a couple of cable systems, Pac-Vargas will not exceed 250K.

Considering the lack of marketing support, I think 250K is a victory for Top Rank.

Over/under on Top Rank's public estimate is 400K.
    a source for where you got the initial satellite projections would be helpful.

$60 per PPV (Top Rank, as the distributor, keeps the $10 HD fee) @250k PPV buys gets you to $15m in PPV revenue, or $8m once the cable/satellite distributors gets paid.

$8m on the PPV, $4m on the gate, with the extra revenue streams (Vargas got $2.5m, Pacquiao got $4m) and Top Rank likely made a nice penny on the fight, with the number likely not getting anywhere near it needs to be for Arum to pay Pacquiao any more money.

Comment

Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
      I guess the question is, do these numbers negate the need to fight on hbo ppv? Is there incentive enough for Top Rank to produce their own Manny ppvs?
      Manny Pacquiao is no longer the draw that HBO felt compelled to have to deal with; you add that the only Top Rank fighter near the weight that HBO has any kind of interest in is "Bud" Crawford, and things will come down to how Crawford performs.

If Crawford has a brilliant performance against John Molina Jr (think Floyd's utter distruction of Arturo Gatti), then HBO goes into the pocket to set the stage for Pacquiao-Crawford on PPV (for a chance to try to launch Crawford).

If Crawford lays out a dud (safely boxing his way past Molina Jr, similar to the Postol performance), HBO doesn't likely have a matchup to bother with bringing Pacquiao back for, and Top Rank basically nickel and dimes things off of Pacquiao's bastion fanbase of 150k-200k PPV homes until Pacquiao hangs them up.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
        I'm a Pacquiao fan but good. **** them. Maybe they'll get the idea and stop pricing bull**** fights at $70.
        Agree, I don't mind PPVs, but if you're cutting out the middle man with HBO/SHO might as well make it cheaper, establish a market for that type of product and if it's profitable, offer and demand will take over maximizing profits for the company.

Comment

They could have had videos of PAC beating up LGBT people to get the t@rds buying a crap fight.

Comment

Pacquiao and Mayweather ERA is OVER people have moved on

Comment

This around 17M in revenue plus whatever the gate was

Comment

Originally posted by Zaryu View Post
                Agree, I don't mind PPVs, but if you're cutting out the middle man with HBO/SHO might as well make it cheaper, establish a market for that type of product and if it's profitable, offer and demand will take over maximizing profits for the company.
                Even if it was HBO you can't be asking for $70 for crap matchups especially after the Mayweather bull**** fight. And this goes for everyone out there like Canelo-Smith too. Streams are abundant nowadays. You ask for $70 for a bull**** fight and no one is gonna buy that ****.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                  Even if it was HBO you can't be asking for $70 for crap matchups especially after the Mayweather bull**** fight. And this goes for everyone out there like Canelo-Smith too. Streams are abundant nowadays. You ask for $70 for a bull**** fight and no one is gonna buy that ****.
                  Agree with this too. I just feel like boxing could be better off without premium networks. Just make the fights available and affordable, and every weekend has the potential to have fight parties.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaryu View Post
                    Agree with this too. I just feel like boxing could be better off without premium networks. Just make the fights available and affordable, and every weekend has the potential to have fight parties.
                    The thing is, these promoters don't give a fk about the sport. They're only here for the money. So, as long as they're getting paid by doing whatever they're doing, they're just going to keep on doing it. If this type of crap pays them, they're gonna do it regardless.

Comment

No HBO no advertising what do you expect? Thats still a pretty good number for an independent PPV

Arum should have just put the fight on Regular HBO like HBO asked of him, he didnt reach the 600k buys he was looking for

Tyson when he was near his tail end like Pacquiao, did similar numbers, fading legends no longer generate money its sad reality of boxing.

I think Tyson did like 150k buys for Mcbride or something.

Anyway UFC has taken over the NY deal is the final nail in the coffin nobody give a chit about boxing after that boring ass Mayweather Pac fight, both guys just posing.

Comment

Working...
                      X