Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kell Brook: "My weight has settled down so I could still make welterweight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
    We don't measure size based on height.
    He's still not big.

I don't remember Carlos Baldomir described as big, even though he entered the ring even heavier than Brook.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
      Khan and Brook were to chicken to fight each other and Jessie Vargas was not making excuses ducking another welter/rival by challenging bigger men he knew he could not beat...and Khan beat who lately? when was the last time he was a legit champion?
      Khan's already had a career and his last fight was canelo so take ur ****, go home, eat some tacos, watch a telenovela and sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
        Vernon Forrest....that is a big WW...

Paul Williams...that is a big WW.

Tommy Hearns...that is a big WW

How the hell is a 5'9 guy big??

You must be a gnome or a dwarf.
        I guess I'm going off the sense that he's very broad and wide and cuts a lot to make 147.

I take your point on the height though and agree with you about your examples.

Still, Brook's definitely a sizeable WW.

Canelo's only 5'9 right? And he's big at Jr MW.

Golovkin 5'10? And he's solid and not small at MW even.

Just saying, height doesn't always mean bigger.
        Last edited by IronDanHamza; 11-03-2016, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
          He's still not big.

I don't remember Carlos Baldomir described as big, even though he entered the ring even heavier than Brook.
          Baldomir's a big Welter and was considered so.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
            Golovkin looked extremely gaunt at the Brook weigh-in, I really don't see any way he makes 154 without being zombie-like.

Some call Golovkin a small MW, he most certainly is not.
            Obviously not because of weight drain. Again, he was 4lbs overweight with loads of time to go.

He's most definitely a small MW.

Comment

Originally posted by Godsfly View Post
              he looked drawn against brook......

also his trainer & his team are a bunch of babbling idiots. golovkin himself know he would never ever attempt to kill himself to make 154. unless we are talking a 30 million pay day in that case he will drain himself and show up to the fight in full zombie form. why do u think he only says floyd at 154? because at least he will be rewarded with such a drain......

come on man.........
              He didn't look drawn. I mean, your standards for how much fighters can take off differ from fighter to fighter obviously.

Brook doesn't eat for days + looks like a damn skeleton, yet he can safely make it?

I don't think he has any interest in 154 when he's dominating and is comfortable at 160. Why would he? No one in their right mind would.

But as a small middleweight who weighs a couple of lbs over with weeks to go, he could take off to 154 absolutely no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by frantic fighter View Post
                His team has vehemently denied rumors of any illness. You don't know how hard those last 4 lbs were to lose, for an aging fighter that's been in same division or above for 12 years.
                Lol please.

That's idiotic.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                  No he cannot...

I mean, if he wants to be another Rios or Alvarado at the weigh in then yea, I guess he can.
                  He would look nowhere near any of those guys at their worst.

Pure denial.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheeko12 View Post
                    Ibf mandatory
                    So all of a sudden a mandatory against a relative unknown supersedes a unification fight?

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                      So all of a sudden a mandatory against a relative unknown supersedes a unification fight?
                      Pac/Vargas winner is his only hope for a unification cuz Thurman & Garcia are fighting in March.

Comment

Working...
                      X