Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kell Brook: "My weight has settled down so I could still make welterweight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He fights at 147 because that's the weight he's most effective at. As we saw in the GGG fight his power doesn't carry well at 160. Some of those clean shots he landed on GGG would've put a WW down. Especially that uppercut.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
      These Britts are something else....Khan, Brook , Fury , Bellew , Haye....P4P the most cowardly lot in all of boxing.
      Yea Brook went toe to toe with a fighter 2 weight classes above yet quillin, jacobs have been avoiding him like the plague

fury also went to Germany and got the decision against a guy who was champ for a decade

bellew faced off with Stevenson and is now calling out a heavyweight who will likely knock him out

Cowards my ass keyboard warrior athough ill give you khan and haye they just are embarrassing

Comment

Originally posted by davef View Post
        Yea Brook went toe to toe with a fighter 2 weight classes above yet quillin, jacobs have been avoiding him like the plague

fury also went to Germany and got the decision against a guy who was champ for a decade

bellew faced off with Stevenson and is now calling out a heavyweight who will likely knock him out

Cowards my ass keyboard warrior athough ill give you khan and haye they just are embarrassing
        Rofl! no wonder Haye and Brook sell out arenas you Britts are gullible....Both Khan and Brook moved up for the biggest payday they ever got period ; at the same time they avoided each other and get props by dumb mugs like yourself but the best part is that they will fight soon enough and earn another good payday. Now talking about Tyson Fury why do you guys keep ignoring the fact that hes a drugs cheat? the man acknowledge to abusing coke! but some of you twats think he would never stoop so low as to abuse PEDS ......oh wait he did test positive for that too!!! and you talk about Bellew? you still cant see the pattern here M8? some twerp calling out a bigger man to get his ass handed to him for a nice check in a domestic showdown??? and the best part is you and all the Britts are going to big up these clowns that are making you all look ******!

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
          ... look at Brook between fights: he's gaining weight -- i.e. body fat... "Canelo type" somehow...
          hes a guy who can go thru weight classes. enviable but so far hes shown hes best at ww. that was my point. a guy wouldnt spend 2/3 of a career at a place thats ''killing'' him. tbh, prior to his 3g fight, ive never seen a thread protesting him killing himself to make ww.

Comment

Originally posted by SemiGreat View Post
            hes a guy who can go thru weight classes. enviable but so far hes shown hes best at ww. that was my point. a guy wouldnt spend 2/3 of a career at a place thats ''killing'' him. tbh, prior to his 3g fight, ive never seen a thread protesting him killing himself to make ww.
            ... There were such threads... he himself said he had problems... Anyway, after properly recovering, I would like to watch him at WW again -- he's my favorite...

Comment

So Brook knows of Spence then, great! It can be a good comeback from injury fight although I think Hearn will find a weak opponent for his return fight..

Comment

These Britts are something else....Khan, Brook , Fury , Bellew , Haye....P4P the most cowardly lot in all of boxing.
                Genuinely just listed a bunch of fighters other than Haye who have actually took fights that they could lose.

Gary Russell Jr would probably fight Patrick Hyland every 3 months for the rest of his career if you let him. Jacobs would fight Mora again no question.

Comment

Rofl! no wonder Haye and Brook sell out arenas you Britts are gullible....Both Khan and Brook moved up for the biggest payday they ever got period ; at the same time they avoided each other and get props by dumb mugs like yourself but the best part is that they will fight soon enough and earn another good payday. Now talking about Tyson Fury why do you guys keep ignoring the fact that hes a drugs cheat? the man acknowledge to abusing coke! but some of you twats think he would never stoop so low as to abuse PEDS ......oh wait he did test positive for that too!!! and you talk about Bellew? you still cant see the pattern here M8? some twerp calling out a bigger man to get his ass handed to him for a nice check in a domestic showdown??? and the best part is you and all the Britts are going to big up these clowns that are making you all look ******!
                  The simple premise that taking a risky fight for a big financial reward is the fundamental essence of prizefighting.

You have achieved the impossible here and equated it to cowardice.

You should be happy. Brook would have bounced Vargas all over the place.

Comment

Brook was eating 8 meals a day and lifting heavy in the gym. You don't do that if you are a natural middleweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Godsfly View Post
                      no........i don't think a guy who's fought all of his fights at 160 and looked drawn in the face in his last bout can make 154. also he's damn near 35. i don't believe golovkin could make 154 for one minute.
                      When did he look drawn?

And why did him and his trainer then say that he could make 154?

Comment

Working...
                      X