Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do UFC fans keep trying to shove the MMA Agenda down boxing's throat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    Because they know you'll enjoy it? Feel more excited about fighting than you ever have before or thought was possible?

A much bigger question is why boxing fans continuously bring down MMA. Go and watch a couple of fights, even just McGregor fights and tell me it's not a beautiful event.
    Did I start the thread? If you have a problem discussing MMA then tell it to the person who started a thread wanting to discuss MMA.

I would be happy if more boxing fans enjoyed the UFC. Not because I work for the UFC or trying to "recruit you" but so I can discuss it with more people and so you will enjoy it.

No reason to feel insecure about it. Just try it out and see. If you don't like it then don't watch it or talk about it. Simple.
    I wouldn't have had to make this thread if you all would stop pushing the MMA agenda.

You can do the very thing I bolded on a MMA forum....

I watch MMA. I have been watching since the late 90's. They are skilled. They have mastered many disciplines.

Comment

Originally posted by i got the keys View Post
      Mayweather has been a boxing champ for 20 years but social media hasn't been around for 20 years...

McGregor has been on a couple of cards where the PPV was over a million, you're correct. This is no different than when boxing's top draw does a fight when it's elite level guys.
      Lol. Is that a serious comment? Mayweather was a worldwide mega star when twitter, facebook & instagram were founded. Mcgregor was a complete unknown for years beyond their launches.

McGregor has done 4 straight PPVs with an average on 1.4million buys. for a sport with a much newer and smaller following than boxing, to do numbers that'll rival any boxer in history is pretty damn impressive.

And then I'd like to ask you which other fights you have seen Mendes, or Aldo or Diaz in? None probably which goes for the same as everyone else.

We saw what happened when Floyd fought someone who wasn't a star in Berto. 300k.

If McGregor fought Berto he would get 1M+ easy.

Comment

I wouldn't have had to make this thread if you all would stop pushing the MMA agenda.

You can do the very thing I bolded on a MMA forum....

I watch MMA. I have been watching since the late 90's. They are skilled. They have mastered many disciplines.
        So you started a thread about MMA only to ask why people are discussing MMA in a boxing forum?

Is this one of those hidden camera shows? It feels pretty damn ******ed.

Comment

Lol. Is that a serious comment? Mayweather was a worldwide mega star when twitter, facebook & instagram were founded. Mcgregor was a complete unknown for years beyond their launches.

McGregor has done 4 straight PPVs with an average on 1.4million buys. for a sport with a much newer and smaller following than boxing, to do numbers that'll rival any boxer in history is pretty damn impressive.

And then I'd like to ask you which other fights you have seen Mendes, or Aldo or Diaz in? None probably which goes for the same as everyone else.

We saw what happened when Floyd fought someone who wasn't a star in Berto. 300k.

If McGregor fought Berto he would get 1M+ easy.

My dude...

I'm saying this as a person who watches MMA.

I've seen pretty much every significant MMA fight. I watch them both.

I saw McGregor take out Mendes. Mendes, Dennis Siver, ect...

I'm a UFC fan from way back when people like Guy Metzger fought. I remember Guy beating Tito Ortiz handing him his first loss. That's what really started the feud with him and the Lion's Den headed by Ken Shamrock.

If I didn't watch MMA I wouldn't know this...

My thing is, I could go on an MMA forum and talk about all of the UFC history and such but I don't...

I love boxing and don't get why mma fans keep pushing UFC here on boxingscene.

Comment

as for the dips who keep saying boxing is dead and that mma and ufc, or what not is taking over, those guys are marks and have no clue about what is really going on with the two sports, because if they did, they wouldn't even be engaging in such stupidity.

comparing the two and trying to have these crossover stars, unless you're highly skill in both disciplines, then it's about the same as having a basketball player play in a hockey game, and a Jai alai player take on rugby, it is worlds apart.

like when james toney went over into the ufc to fight randy couture, the sports are completely different, they really can't be compared. now, I will say this about the toney vs couture fight, they should've made that the 1st rd was all stand up or just boxing, then 2nd rd mma, noway couture would've lasted standing up, but that's neither here or there, it's done and over, but those who can not separate the difference between the sports and the difference in the structure between the sports, will keep making themselves look dumb.

Comment

Ok. I get your point but...

Why are people telling boxing fans this?

It's basically a double entendre!

UFC fans telling boxing fans that boxing is dead on a boxing forum....

If the UFC is better than boxing why do MMA fans keep telling boxing fans?

Are you all recruiters?
              Who says I'm a UFC fan lol?? I'm just explaining why one is doing better than the other. I much prefer boxing but it doesn't take a genius to see why the UFC is doing better.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                I gives no ****s if the best fight the best in that sport its still MMA....if you like that good for you...don't push that garbage on me and my comrades -- I don't go around talking baseball in a football game that's the type of **** that get you stomped out real quick, only online do these f@gs come around doing that type of ****.
                Rob salsa.

Comment

MMA is more mainstream because there's not a day or two in a week where it is not seen. Most people are just okay with watching replays, or starting undercards live. You also have to admit that they're spending huge money on promotions, ie, their weigh-ins are seen live, festive and dynamic.

Comment

Also people are opening up their eyes to different martial arts now. Many boxing fans call it dog fighting or human **** fighting, as if it's just people going in to a cage to dog it out.

However, with the UFC fine-tuning everything, what we are seeing now is a beautiful mix of all martial arts that fans are really taking to.

Absolutely.

And people should realize that there is a reason why the countries where MMA is most popular (America, Japan, and Brazil, and also England and Ireland as of late), have embraced the sport so readily because their native martial arts are the corner stone of the MMA style of fighting.

Comment

I think I'm gonna start a new thread with my original post.

Obviously the TS is an insufferable, overly defensive douche and it's hard to have an adult conversation with people like that.

Comment

Working...
                      X