Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do UFC fans keep trying to shove the MMA Agenda down boxing's throat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Contra View Post
    You guys really want to know?

The UFC has what boxing fans want. The best fighting the best on a regular basis.

But a lot of boxing fans tend to dislike mma, probably because they feel threatened.

For centuries, each area of the world practiced particular styles of hand-to-hand combat, including striking, grappling, or usually both.

Karate, TKD, muay thai, muay boran, boxing, wrestling, jiu-jistsu, judo, etc.

Each culture thought their M.A. was superior, so awhile back people wanted to prove it, once and for all.

MMA was born, and quickly showed that a person who only trained in one style would get utterly destroyed by a well-rounded fighter that trained in several styles.

The best boxers in the world would likely beat any mma fighter in a boxing ring.

Anywhere else... anyfúckingwhere, a boxer gets demolished. Cage, kickboxing ring, dojo, wrestling mat, and especially the street.

The HW boxing champion used to be seen as the man, but that's in the past. Now, the HW mma champion is the top dog. Because toe-to-toe, no rules, no holds barred, the mma fighter wins.

I know it must sting for you dumbfúcks that think the world ends at the coastlines of America, but you shouldn't worry too much.

Just enjoy boxing for what it is: a striking discipline that has perfected the art of stand-up, hands-only combat.

In reality, boxing fans should enjoy watching mma to see guys like Conor Mcgregor and Junior Dos Santos apply boxing skills and thus reminding the rest of the world how those hands can be deadly af.

I like watching striking-based M.A. forms, especially boxing, kickboxing, and muay thai (because I trained in them), but that doesn't stop me from liking mma and what it has given to world of hand-to-hand combat.

Now stop being fúckboys and learn to appreciate both.
    Yes pretty much.

Also people are opening up their eyes to different martial arts now. Many boxing fans call it dog fighting or human **** fighting, as if it's just people going in to a cage to dog it out.

However, with the UFC fine-tuning everything, what we are seeing now is a beautiful mix of all martial arts that fans are really taking to.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
      to be honest MMA fights are only interesting when theyre striking
      Unless youve trained in mma i cant see how you would find grappling one the ground entertaining

That said the UFC have got it right, get the best to fight the best. Boxing fans really deserve better than what we currently have.
      Most definitely.

My issue issue is that if the best fight the best in MMA, why do MMA fans feel the need to tell boxing fans as though they're trying to recruit them?

It's essentially like going to a pizza shop and telling people burgers are the greatest food, pizza isn't being consumed any longer, burgers taste better, everyone is eating them. Well, that person is eating pizza because they want to.

People have different tastes....

Comment

Originally posted by i got the keys View Post
        Dude....

Mayweather is the top draw in boxing and you all say Conor McGregor is the top draw in the UFC. I'll add Jon Jones to the mix, who I think is still the #1 P4P MMA fighter.

Twitter Followers
        Floyd Mayweather -7.6M follwers
        Conor McGregor-2.63M follwers
        Jon Jones-1.51M followers

Instagram
        Floyd Mayweather -13.6M followers
        Conor McGregor-7.3M followers
        Jon Jones- 1.8M followers

Facebook
        Floyd Mayweather-12.9M followers
        Conor McGregor- 4.3M followers
        Jon Jones-2.5M followers

AND

I'm not even going to post Pacquiao's stats....
        Mayweather has been a boxing champ for 20 years.

Mcgregor has been known for 3 years. Lets not compare that too much.

Everyone with a finger on the pulse of combat sports know that McGregor is the 'it' man across all martial arts or unarmed combat incl. boxing.

He's the only guy consistently selling 1m+ PPVs even against guys most people have never heard about.

Comment

Most definitely.

My issue issue is that if the best fight the best in MMA, why do MMA fans feel the need to tell boxing fans as though they're trying to recruit them?

It's essentially like going to a pizza shop and telling people burgers are the greatest food, pizza isn't being consumed any longer, burgers taste better, everyone is eating them. Well, that person is eating pizza because they want to.

People have different tastes....
          Because they know you'll enjoy it? Feel more excited about fighting than you ever have before or thought was possible?

A much bigger question is why boxing fans continuously bring down MMA. Go and watch a couple of fights, even just McGregor fights and tell me it's not a beautiful event.

Comment

Originally posted by Contra View Post
            The UFC has what boxing fans want. The best fighting the best on a regular basis.
            This. I wish boxing would follow the UFC's agenda because their agenda is the best fighting the best. Garcia and Thurman agree to fight and we all clap our hands like the sport has thrown us a bone. I love boxing but it seems like it's getting harder and harder for big fights to get made.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              Yes pretty much.

Also people are opening up their eyes to different martial arts now. Many boxing fans call it dog fighting or human **** fighting, as if it's just people going in to a cage to dog it out.

However, with the UFC fine-tuning everything, what we are seeing now is a beautiful mix of all martial arts that fans are really taking to.
              See you're highlighting the issue...

Why are MMA fans on a boxing forum trying to recruit fans as though they work for the UFC?

You're right, what you are seeing is a beautiful mix of all martial arts in the UFC. Now, why do you all keep posting on this boxing forum that the UFC everything that boxing isn't? Do you all want to recruit boxing fans to watch more UFC to make you happy?

Comment

Anyone know why this is?

Every time I turn around someone on this forum is trying to convince others that MMA is taking over boxing and that boxing is dead....

Can this be explained....

Are they disappointed at the fact that boxing isn't going anywhere? I mean it's been dying since the 80's and 90s if you listen to the chatter...

I take it with a grain of salt....
                Haters being haters.

Some MMA fans are insecure because boxing is a bigger, older, deeper, more elegant sport with more legacy and history behind it. Not to mention of all the disciplines in martial arts, boxing is the hardest to master and apply effectively at an elite level in MMA.

These MMA fans look at savants like Rigondeaux, Lomachenko, Ward, Kovalev, Roman, Fury, and GGG in uncontrolled jealousy knowing their MMA heroes will never reach that level in a singular discipline nor could they reach such greatness.

These MMA fans are sour they chose the wrong "side" of the fight and take shots at boxing's superiority whenever they can.

Comment

See you're highlighting the issue...

Why are MMA fans on a boxing forum trying to recruit fans as though they work for the UFC?

You're right, what you are seeing is a beautiful mix of all martial arts in the UFC. Now, why do you all keep posting on this boxing forum that the UFC everything that boxing isn't? Do you all want to recruit boxing fans to watch more UFC to make you happy?
                  Did I start the thread? If you have a problem discussing MMA then tell it to the person who started a thread wanting to discuss MMA.

I would be happy if more boxing fans enjoyed the UFC. Not because I work for the UFC or trying to "recruit you" but so I can discuss it with more people and so you will enjoy it.

No reason to feel insecure about it. Just try it out and see. If you don't like it then don't watch it or talk about it. Simple.

Comment

Exactly....

Could you picture someone on a Basketball forum posting things like Basketball is dead, Football is taking all of your fans?

It's silly...
                    Or like some dumbass trying to convince a Baseball fan that they should start watching Cricket because its similar...no other sport have such stupid m*ther ****ers.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                      Mayweather has been a boxing champ for 20 years.

Mcgregor has been known for 3 years. Lets not compare that too much.

Everyone with a finger on the pulse of combat sports know that McGregor is the 'it' man across all martial arts or unarmed combat incl. boxing.

He's the only guy consistently selling 1m+ PPVs even against guys most people have never heard about.
                      Mayweather has been a boxing champ for 20 years but social media hasn't been around for 20 years...

McGregor has been on a couple of cards where the PPV was over a million, you're correct. This is no different than when boxing's top draw does a fight when it's elite level guys.

Comment

Working...
                      X