Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do UFC fans keep trying to shove the MMA Agenda down boxing's throat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    I guess the question is why boxing fans are insecure little ******* when it comes to UFC?

I guarantee you any attendee of a UFC event would never change that experience for any boxing event. Boxing is a game of mismatches right now. Nobody is really legitimately fighting top dog after top dog. It just doesn't happen and hasn't since the days of Oscar dela hoya probably.

That's some sad ass crap. And the events are boring as fuk, the same old shyt over and over.

Since getting into the UFC, I have to admit that I now understand why those guys think boxing is boring.

But you'll never get it until you get into it on your own.
    I actually was far more into MMA before I was into boxing. I was doing Jiu-Jitsu long before I ever put on boxing gloves. Now I would watch boxing all day over MMA on average. Of course the bigger MMA fights like this weekend are more interesting than the average Tuesday night PBC card, but that's not really saying anything.

The whole "boxing is dying, we're taking over" is just part of the MMA culture, I can tell you that as someone who's spent time with numerous pro MMA fighters as well as your casual UFC fan at Buffalo Wild Wings. It comes for years of trying to get respect and legitimacy as a real sport versus boxing and its legendary past and cultural dominance.

The reality is both sports are niche in the broader sports world and should focus on simply growing their own sports instead of attacking each other..

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
      Boxing and MMA are just two different sports. And Dana White is a far better promoter than most boxing promoters and the commentators for the UFC are far better than boxing commentator's which are the two reasons why MMA is on the rise and boxing is on the slump. Mismatches happen in MMA as well but the writers of the sport will convince you that you're watching Hagler Hearns 2 when you're actually watching something far inferior.

Boxing writers **** on their own fighters. They attack other promoters and the fans follow suit. They are basically destroying their own sport from within and they are too stupid to realize it. THAT is the UFC in on the rise. Better promoters and better writers. The MMA guys praise their own while boxing fans crap on their own.
      Agreed that the hype machine for the UFC is simply incredible. They ability for the UFC to convince people that Conor's two fights against a journeyman brawler were historical events in the global history of combat sports or Ronda was a world historical level athlete for the ages is simply breathtaking.

Boxing just focuses more on substance than hype. Boxing actually has the two best fighters in the world going at it in a week...

Comment

Originally posted by don larryx View Post
        they literally said this chick could beat up a top boxer...
        ronda...you my girl...but damn you look ******ed shadowboxing....

Comment

Originally posted by Contra View Post
          So many Ls here I'm not sure where to begin.

Are you just trolling with this shít logic, or are you legitimately brain damaged or something? Either way, you'll get no sympathy from me. You fúcked with the wrong bull on this one, bítch.

No one is shoving anything down anybody's throat. Mma fans are just noticing how a singular, major organization can operate more effectively than the current structure in boxing. Guys that watch both are naturally going to become disillusioned with the current situation in boxing and offer critiques that might help.

I'm a boxing fan first, kickboxing fan second, and MMA fan third. I'm not a member of any mma forum, or any other forum, for that matter. I have one username, one forum, and it's this one. Although I'm not on much, because I have a job and a family and other, much cooler shít that I do every day.

Nonetheless, I seriously doubt you know more about mma than I do simply because you've "been watching it since way back." So have a lot of other people, myself included. No fúcks given there. I apparently follow the sport more closely than you do, given your defensive position in this thread and your apparent dislike (or jealousy) of mma. Oh yeah, I also trained boxing, kickboxing (mt and international), bjj, judo, and other disciplines as part of a well-rounded mma routine. I've also trained with pro mma fighters and successful amateurs. My guess would be that you're an armchair fan that's never stepped in a ring in his life, so fúck what you think I know. Do you know how it feels to have a guy rip into your ribcage with non-stop hooks for two minutes straight as a conditioning drill? Or how it feels to be tossed around like a ragdoll your first day of jiu-jitsu? Oh you don't? Then sit back down and stfu.

So you choose to watch some no-name prospects on an ESPN card rather than watch an mma card with top names and competitive fights? Great. Not sure where you're getting this vibe that it's not okay to do so. Unless it's a ppv, I'd probably be doing the same thing, because I like watching boxing more than I like watching mma. But I'm not going to delude myself into thinking that A. The structure of boxing is anything but vastly inferior to mma, or B. that a boxer would stand a chance against an mma fighter anywhere other than a boxing ring.

A real fight fan appreciates all aspects of unarmed combat, from striking to grappling and everything in between. There's nothing wrong with being a boxing fan, but you're obviously an insecure, immature motherfúcker that can't handle the truth when it's right in front of him.
          I'll jus digress. End it here. I'm not going to take your comments to heart in the sense that my feelings are hurt. I'm glad you provided your credentials. I digress. No use in us continuing to argue over the point.

I'm actually a registered Official with USA Boxing. I'm in the gym every week. I have events this weekend, to include a USIBA event.

I don't hate MMA. We butted heads, but your response shows me that you're in fold just as much as I am. I've trained in BJJ as well under an affiliated Lloyd Irvin gym where we had a Brown belt who has since become Black belt. I'm a white belt. There were literally blue belts that were 15, 16 years old and they were amazing. I haven't training in BJJ in about 4 years but I have a buddy who recently received his Blue belt about a month ago. We started together 4 years ago. I understand that belts in BJJ aren't just handed out, you legitimately have to put in work.

I solely focus on boxing now. I deal with many amateurs and they're an inspiration. I hope the work all Officials helps to make these young men and women's lives better.

I commend you for your work I don't want the impression that i'm an MMA hater to linger.

I fully support MMA, 100%. I am a Marine and All American Brian Stann is the man. I'm glad he represented us well. I've been following the UFC since the late 90s. I've seen how far they've come and I'm happy for them.

If you recall the Female Marine from a few years back who asked Justin Timberlake to the Marine Corps ball, I was at her MMA in Fairfax, VA, prior to her submitting that video because a good Marine friend of mines was one who helped to train her.

Long story short, we could go on and on, but I digress my man. I respect you. Keep doing your thing. I'm going to let the MMA thing die down because it's taken a turn to where the thought is that I hate MMA.

It's all good though man.

If your're in the D.C., area then we may verywell have crossed paths.

I salute you.

I'm done.

/End Thread

Comment

Working...
          X