Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do UFC fans keep trying to shove the MMA Agenda down boxing's throat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by betmen View Post
    they both combat sports with many similarity. i'm a boxing fans since childhood when mma come i've no problem easing in to the sport.

but many boxing fans are so insecure, they see mma as a threat to take over casual fans. i bet if they spare some times really watching many of them will like mma.
    Haha....

That has no basis...

Why would boxing fans be insecure? What is the threat?

I have friends who absolutely know nothing about boxing and don't watch it unless Mayweather is involved.

We are on this forum talking about boxing because other boxing fans are on this forum.

WHY would we feel threatened by MMA?

It's blasphemous saying that boxing is threatened because CLEARLY Mayweather and Pacquiao sold 4.4 million PPVs and generated over $400Mil in one fight.

HOW IS BOXING THREATENED?

Comment

When MMA first started out you had lots of old lizardy boxing hipster guys comparing it to mud wrestling and saying there was no skill involved etc.

Now boxing is in the dumps and UFC is a huge global sport. Conor McGregor is like Elvis. Average teenager can't name a boxer. What do you expect them to say?

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
        Because it is successful whereas boxing's is failing. /endthread
        Over 52,000 people just saw Canelo vs Liam smith....

How is boxing failing?

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
          When MMA first started out you had lots of old lizardy boxing hipster guys comparing it to mud wrestling and saying there was no skill involved etc.

Now boxing is in the dumps and UFC is a global phenomenon. Conor McGregor is like Elvis. What do you expect them to say?
          Dude....

Mayweather is the top draw in boxing and you all say Conor McGregor is the top draw in the UFC. I'll add Jon Jones to the mix, who I think is still the #1 P4P MMA fighter.

Twitter Followers
          Floyd Mayweather -7.6M follwers
          Conor McGregor-2.63M follwers
          Jon Jones-1.51M followers

Instagram
          Floyd Mayweather -13.6M followers
          Conor McGregor-7.3M followers
          Jon Jones- 1.8M followers

Facebook
          Floyd Mayweather-12.9M followers
          Conor McGregor- 4.3M followers
          Jon Jones-2.5M followers

AND

I'm not even going to post Pacquiao's stats....

Comment

lol @ boxing fans being insecure. How are they/we the insecure ones when the whole contention here is a bunch of pretenious, di*k-licking MMA fans constantly having to yell to the rest of us that our beloved sport is dead/dying? Does "The loudest one in the room is usually the weakest one in the room" come to mind?

Comment

Boxing and MMA are just two different sports. And Dana White is a far better promoter than most boxing promoters and the commentators for the UFC are far better than boxing commentator's which are the two reasons why MMA is on the rise and boxing is on the slump. Mismatches happen in MMA as well but the writers of the sport will convince you that you're watching Hagler Hearns 2 when you're actually watching something far inferior.

Boxing writers **** on their own fighters. They attack other promoters and the fans follow suit. They are basically destroying their own sport from within and they are too stupid to realize it. THAT is the UFC in on the rise. Better promoters and better writers. The MMA guys praise their own while boxing fans crap on their own.

Comment

I gives no ****s if the best fight the best in that sport its still MMA....if you like that good for you...don't push that garbage on me and my comrades -- I don't go around talking baseball in a football game that's the type of **** that get you stomped out real quick, only online do these f@gs come around doing that type of ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
                  Boxing and MMA are just two different sports. And Dana White is a far better promoter than most boxing promoters and the commentators for the UFC are far better than boxing commentator's which are the two reasons why MMA is on the rise and boxing is on the slump. Mismatches happen in MMA as well but the writers of the sport will convince you that you're watching Hagler Hearns 2 when you're actually watching something far inferior.

Boxing writers **** on their own fighters. They attack other promoters and the fans follow suit. They are basically destroying their own sport from within and they are too stupid to realize it. THAT is the UFC in on the rise. Better promoters and better writers. The MMA guys praise their own while boxing fans crap on their own.
                  Ok. I get your point but...

Why are people telling boxing fans this?

It's basically a double entendre!

UFC fans telling boxing fans that boxing is dead on a boxing forum....

If the UFC is better than boxing why do MMA fans keep telling boxing fans?

Are you all recruiters?

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                    I gives no ****s if the best fight the best in that sport its still MMA....if you like that good for you...don't push that garbage on me and my comrades -- I don't go around talking baseball in a football game that's the type of **** that get you stomped out real quick, only online do these f@gs come around doing that type of ****.
                    Exactly....

Could you picture someone on a Basketball forum posting things like Basketball is dead, Football is taking all of your fans?

It's silly...

Comment

to be honest MMA fights are only interesting when theyre striking
                      Unless youve trained in mma i cant see how you would find grappling one the ground entertaining

That said the UFC have got it right, get the best to fight the best. Boxing fans really deserve better than what we currently have.

Comment

Working...
                      X