Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eight days later and no deal done. Not even whispers of them being close to a deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eight days later and no deal done. Not even whispers of them being close to a deal

Time to face the facts. Loeffler can't make a deal. If it's Monroe Jr for $100k sure he can make that deal in a heartbeat. If it's taking a flat fee against a welterweight for GGG's highest payday sure he can make that deal. Loeffler cannot make a deal for a big fight!!!

On the other hand here are a couple of non-PBC promoters which have featured PBC fighters on their cards:

World Boxing,
    K2,
    Golden Boy,
    Top Rank,
    Joven Sports,
    Matchroom
    Sampson Boxing

Loeffler is great at marketing. Horrible at closing deals to get big fights made.

“Just trying to finalize the deal with the Jacobs side,” Loeffler said in a text message of the extra time allotted. “No sense in forcing a purse bid when it looks like we can work out a deal that makes more sense for the fighters than the purse bid split.”

Not hard to get a deal done with Al Haymon at all. Haymon signed off on the fight right away. I have a great relationship with Al Haymon. I've known him for a number of years

"I have a good relationship with Al Haymon..."

So if there is no deal after all these delays....somehow its loeffler fault?

Damn, you know there is two sides in a negotiation right?

Comment

Originally posted by xhiddenx87 View Post

Who asked for the extension the day before it was set to go to purse bid?

Comment

He said they were finalizing the deal and asked for an extension to avoid going to purse bid. The fight is probably still going to purse bid. This fight could've been made last week if Loeffler hadn't asked for an extension

Comment

When was the last time Loeffle negotiated a big fight ?

Comment

It's everybody's fault except the guy that can't seem to make a big fight. Everybody else is to blame. My mama used to tell me
            "Everybody else can't be wrong and you're the only one that's right"

Comment

I'm sure he has done general business with Ay Haymon, doesn't mean it's a ''good'' relationship. they say when people lie it's all in the eyes, usually closing them during mid sentence. it's an interesting habit by many when lieing

Comment

You ***** like your fighter Jacobs! See how fast lemieux vs Golovkin was made? Because lemieux actually wanted to face ggg. Jacobs is the ***** here.

Comment

**** the BS... Just do a purse bid and let the chips fall as they may

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                    You ***** like your fighter Jacobs! See how fast lemieux vs Golovkin was made? Because lemieux actually wanted to face ggg. Jacobs is the ***** here.
                    great comeback to the context! Lemieux is a Haymon fighter! wow!

Comment

Working...
                    X