Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eight days later and no deal done. Not even whispers of them being close to a deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Without being on the inside it's impossible to know who's truly holding up negotiations. It's looking more and more like it's going to purse bid. Will Jacobs accept the 25% who knows. Eventually we'll all have some answers though.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
      I'm sure he has done general business with Ay Haymon, doesn't mean it's a ''good'' relationship. they say when people lie it's all in the eyes, usually closing them during mid sentence. it's an interesting habit by many when lieing
      lol Get out of here with that body language bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
        What does that dumb shi.t mean.?

It must be scab talk.
        A Quillen = $ 1.5 million

Comment

No deal is going to get done...

This is boxing,,, if fans want it, it won't happen.. Hence why boxing is a niche sport

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            But he didn't vacate when the WBA ruled the purse split would remain at75/25. At that point and at this point I think it's safe to assume they aren't even close in numbers.
            Why would you assume that? If they weren't even close we would probably have had a bid already - at least IMO. Chances are we're close but neither side was budging over that last few % ... no-one's fault really, just both sides trying to get the best for their guy. However it has dragged on for long enough, they should just send this to purse if they haven't come up with something this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
              Why would you assume that? If they weren't even close we would probably have had a bid already - at least IMO. Chances are we're close but neither side was budging over that last few % ... no-one's fault really, just both sides trying to get the best for their guy. However it has dragged on for long enough, they should just send this to purse if they haven't come up with something this week.
              They've been negotiating since September 11th. It'll be damn near 2 months when the extension is up. If they were close on the numbers the fight would've been made by now. The last we heard is Loeffler saying they were finalizing the deal. It's 9 days later and still hasn't been announced.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
                  Without being on the inside it's impossible to know who's truly holding up negotiations. It's looking more and more like it's going to purse bid. Will Jacobs accept the 25% who knows. Eventually we'll all have some answers though.
                  Using common sense we know one guy is known for making deals while the other can't make a deal to save his life. I think it's pretty obvious what's going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    Using common sense we know one guy is known for making deals while the other can't make a deal to save his life. I think it's pretty obvious what's going on.
                    GGG's team don't want this fight and I don't blame them.

This is a sure fire upset in the making.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                      GGG's team don't want this fight and I don't blame them.

This is a sure fire upset in the making.
                      They want the fight but they want it on the cheap. K2 is known for being cheap, I've heard Klitschko opponents complain about it. There comes a time you have to take a loss in order to build a fight. If you want more than $10 mil against Canelo then make this fight & put it on PPV & prove your worth.

Only GGG fans can't see the obvious. Loeffler has never been able to make a big fight. Haymon has made big fights & big deals in boxing & music & TV. But these guys think Haymon is the problem. I look at track records & Haymon's track record proves he's a deal maker while Loeffler 's proves he can't close a deal

Comment

Working...
                      X