Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eight days later and no deal done. Not even whispers of them being close to a deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
    why even bother debating this? This is probably the 15th thread youve started about this, and it seems all you are trying to do is to convince others (or maybe yourself) that this is all on Loeffler.

Whats your point?
    Who's fault is it GGG can't get a big fight? Everyone would agree if was with Top Rank his resume would be a whole lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      Who's fault is it GGG can't get a big fight? Everyone would agree if was with Top Rank his resume would be a whole lot better.
      you are missing my point. Everyone agrees that Loeffler is ineffective at making big fights. That being said, in THIS instance it would seem that the majority of the reluctance is coming from the Jacobs side.

Loefflers incompetence and Jacobs reluctance can both exist at the same time.

So I ask again, whats your point?

Comment

Time to face the facts. Loeffler can't make a deal. If it's Monroe Jr for $100k sure he can make that deal in a heartbeat. If it's taking a flat fee against a welterweight for GGG's highest payday sure he can make that deal. Loeffler cannot make a deal for a big fight!!!

On the other hand here are a couple of non-PBC promoters which have featured PBC fighters on their cards:

World Boxing,
        K2,
        Golden Boy,
        Top Rank,
        Joven Sports,
        Matchroom
        Sampson Boxing

Loeffler is great at marketing. Horrible at closing deals to get big fights made.

“Just trying to finalize the deal with the Jacobs side,” Loeffler said in a text message of the extra time allotted. “No sense in forcing a purse bid when it looks like we can work out a deal that makes more sense for the fighters than the purse bid split.”

Not hard to get a deal done with Al Haymon at all. Haymon signed off on the fight right away. I have a great relationship with Al Haymon. I've known him for a number of years

"I have a good relationship with Al Haymon..."
        Gennady Golovkin has taken over your life.

You need to see a psychiatrist.

How many threads have you made?

How many more are you going to make?

Jacobs is holding things up.

He wanted 40%.

Because nobody really wants it to go to purse bids, they're working back from that figure. But now Jacobs suddenly needs 10-12 weeks preparation.

You don't need to hire Columbo to work out what's happening.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
          you are missing my point. Everyone agrees that Loeffler is ineffective at making big fights. That being said, in THIS instance it would seem that the majority of the reluctance is coming from the Jacobs side.

Loefflers incompetence and Jacobs reluctance can both exist at the same time.

So I ask again, whats your point?
          Don't forget GGG's reluctance.

Comment

Originally posted by Face Of Boxing View Post
            Tom hasn't offered enough Quillens.
            What does that dumb shi.t mean.?

It must be scab talk.

Comment

LOOOL that thread has backfired. I suggest you call it a day buddy and take that L like a man.

Comment

Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
                Gennady Golovkin has taken over your life.

You need to see a psychiatrist.

How many threads have you made?

How many more are you going to make?

Jacobs is holding things up.

He wanted 40%.

Because nobody really wants it to go to purse bids, they're working back from that figure. But now Jacobs suddenly needs 10-12 weeks preparation.

You don't need to hire Columbo to work out what's happening.
                This is a thread about Loeffler. Just like the other one with Hopkins is about GGG fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                  Don't forget GGG's reluctance.
                  There is no reluctance.

He was ready to fight in December until Jacobs' team wanted 40% and 10-12 weeks to prepare.

Comment

This is a thread about Loeffler. Just like the other one with Hopkins is about GGG fans.
                    It's another thread to hate on GG.

You're obsessed.

It's not healthy.

Comment

forget about negotiation, its loeffler's fault because they wont overpay the cancer boy

Comment

Working...
                      X