Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Felix Diaz Approved By HBO For Terrence Crawford!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sicko View Post
    I don't think you can use his height against him and just count him out tho. I'm sure Lamont Peterson and Sammy Vazquez Jr both probably did that which is why he beat both of them IMO (even though he didn't get the win over Peterson on the cards)
    The peterson fight was the only one I've seen of his I think and I feel peterson won but it was close.

I'm not saying he can't be competitive but tc is a different class and hits a lot harder. Hell take Diaz out.

Comment

A fight with the champs at 140 would be good, maybe a Felix bout to warm up at 147. Johnny Mo would be a **** fight though. Be the DeMarco fight 2.0.

If anything, A PPV unification at 140 between Crawford & Broner would be amazing.

Comment

It's a decent fight for Crawford, not expecting anything too exciting considering Diaz's style and featherfisted-ness.

Comment

That would be a dope fight for sure but I'm not getting my hopes up. This late in the game I expect a much weaker opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            Take out Kov v Ward, what fights are there?

Frampton v LSC 2 is next year, Garcia is fighting a bum, Brook, Thurman and Porter are in hiding. AJ/Wlad is off, Fury ****ed himself and...yeah.

Cruiser has a good match up coming but that's about it.
            Loma - Walters

J-Rock - Jermall.

Add in Crawford vs Diaz or possibly Troyanovsky and it ain't looking too shabby.

Are you talking about Lebedev - Gassiev at cruiser? Yeah, that should be a good one too.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
              Loma - Walters

J-Rock - Jermall.

Add in Crawford vs Diaz or possibly Troyanovsky and it ain't looking too shabby.

Are you talking about Lebedev - Gassiev at cruiser? Yeah, that should be a good one too.
              Why is Williams being talked about like he's some world class opponent?

2 or 3 fights now and another 2 or 3 in the rest of the years still makes a **** year.

I made a list earlier of fights that didn't happen that was longer than the list of relevant fights that have happened this year. And I'm not talking about speculative fights I'm talking about ones that were either sanctioned by governing bodies or promoters last year.

I was told 2015 would be a year of transition. 2016 has been the year or utter ****.

Comment

Why is Williams being talked about like he's some world class opponent?

2 or 3 fights now and another 2 or 3 in the rest of the years still makes a **** year.

I made a list earlier of fights that didn't happen that was longer than the list of relevant fights that have happened this year. And I'm not talking about speculative fights I'm talking about ones that were either sanctioned by governing bodies or promoters last year.

I was told 2015 would be a year of transition. 2016 has been the year or utter ****.
                Ah. OK, it's down to you what you consider good fights of course. There's a few that I would rather have seen, but I'm not too unhappy with the way the year's ending out.

Comment

Ah. OK, it's down to you what you consider good fights of course. There's a few that I would rather have seen, but I'm not too unhappy with the way the year's ending out.
                  We're getting 2 maybe 3 good fights this year, Loma/Walters and Kov/Ward could be special out of those 2/3 fights.

That's to go with 2 or 3 for the rest of the year.

You're happy about that? You're happy that for 18 months or more, the leading light middles (barring Canelo) have been controlled by one guy and yet we can't even see 2 of them in the ring together?

this is not about what I think is a good fight, it's about certain fans clapping any fight that gets made as long as it features their guy or their tv network...thats right, we now have tv channel fans

This has gone beyond the pale of ridiculousness.

Comment

We're getting 2 maybe 3 good fights this year, Loma/Walters and Kov/Ward could be special out of those 2/3 fights.

That's to go with 2 or 3 for the rest of the year.

You're happy about that? You're happy that for 18 months or more, the leading light middles (barring Canelo) have been controlled by one guy and yet we can't even see 2 of them in the ring together?

this is not about what I think is a good fight, it's about certain fans clapping any fight that gets made as long as it features their guy or their tv network...thats right, we now have tv channel fans

This has gone beyond the pale of ridiculousness.
                    Ha ha. I believe the phrase I used was 'not too unhappy'. But yes, you're right overall it has been a pretty dire year, and yeah there are certain fans who cheerlead particular networks, but between the internet and a boxnation subscription this troubles me personally not at all, I just think it's a bit silly.

Maybe my expectations have just been whittled down to the point where I no longer expect major fights to be made when it would seem they should, but what, in practical terms, is to be done about it?

Comment

Ha ha. I believe the phrase I used was 'not too unhappy'. But yes, you're right overall it has been a pretty dire year, and yeah there are certain fans who cheerlead particular networks, but between the internet and a boxnation subscription this troubles me personally not at all, I just think it's a bit silly.

Maybe my expectations have just been whittled down to the point where I no longer expect major fights to be made when it would seem they should, but what, in practical terms, is to be done about it?
                      LOL that's what I'm thinking. I don't even bother with boxnation anymore. I just get my fights over the internet although I would love it if Sky started investing more in something other than hearn and his crop...who are mostly fighting once a year anyway.

In fact, I would love it if ITV got back in the game like they did with Khan all those years ago.

With regards to your second point, I was not at all surprised that GGG/Canelo never happened (or Cotto for that matter) but some of the fights I'm talking about aren't even major fights. Most of them don't even feature stars smh.

Then we come to your question, which is a good one and I think it has a simple solution. Boxing fans need to stop buying bs PPVs and tickets to bs events. Actually, I think a lot of fans have turned away from the game, which has seen boxing, specifically in the States, flounder and fall as a sub par commodity. Outside of Mayweather and Pacquiao, no network, or promoter has been able to create a genuine star over there in 15 years.

That tells us people are tired and they know the game is up. We just have the diehard tv channel/ethnic supporters who are backing their guy but it doesn't turn anyone into a star, it doesn't matter if you're name is Canelo, Thurman, Garcia, Porter et al. They are unknowns to the wider public. They will remain that way.

Comment

Working...
                      X