Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward: Kovalev Will Need More Than Power, I'm Not Afraid!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
    Absolutely fcking ******ed

Four different caliber fighters with different skill sets you dumb fck.

the same stuff applies, power puncher v slicker fighter with no power, obviously they arent going to be carbon copies of each other, dip****.

Comment

Originally posted by mike1010011 View Post
      He had him down once in 7th. Where are you getting the other 3 times from?
      Boone said he had him down 4 times.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
        I put a thread on it 'was ggg v brook the blueprint for kovalev v ward'.
        Yeah I just looked at that thread and NOBODY agreed with ur stupid ass you dumb fck!

Comment

when someone says : "i am not afraid" they already are aware and cautious about whatever they are talking about.

This is a reassurance sentence from Ward to his inner self.

I just hope for a good fight and may the best man on that night win.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            WBO/IBF/WBA light heavyweight champion Sergey Kovalev (30-0, 26KOs) is one of the most feared fighters in boxing. Many regard him as one of the hardest punchers, pound-for-pound, in the sport.

[Click Here To Read More]

Kovalev has no advantages other than what he does inside the ring..... Ward won't be psyched out or overawed, been there done that. Kovalev will have to continually adapt, and over the course of 12 rounds he will need to prove that he is the better fighter, not the harder puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
              Punching power alone almost never is at the top level, nonetheless it IS a factor. TBH though I think Ward's biggest challenge will be controlling Kovalevs movement. Still can't make a decisive call on this fight though. I been sitting on the fence so long the splinters have got splinters.

true, well said

Comment

Ward frives under pressure,,

the kid kovolov can punch i aint gonna deny it but we see what happens when these hypped punches go up elite american defensve fighters,

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyD729 View Post
                  Kovalev dosent really rely on just power anyway. He dosent load up on his punches. He works behind the jab, maintains a distance and goes to the body pretty decent. And yes, when an opening presents itself, he looks to drop the right hand.

Ward's first point of order will be to address Kovalev's jab.

The key to this fight will be how Kovalev adapts to Ward.

We will know a lot more about Kovalev after this fight.

Comment

Huge Kovalev fan but can't see him winning on the performance he churned out in his last fight. Ward should win 116-112.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                      Ward's first point of order will be to address Kovalev's jab.

The key to this fight will be how Kovalev adapts to Ward.

We will know a lot more about Kovalev after this fight.
                      We already know Kovalev can't help squaring himself up and dropping his hands to his waist after every punch.

Comment

Working...
                      X