Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward: Kovalev Will Need More Than Power, I'm Not Afraid!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fats View Post
    It is possible that Ward will bring it to Kovalev at different points within the fight. The Krusher has power but has HIS chin been tested?
    Kovalev has power but it's only effective at long range. Ward needs to take away Kovalev's jab [which he uses to setup the right hand] and control the distance. Kovalev needs to set his feet before unleashing big punches so Ward would be smart to give Kovalev angles and turn him...

Comment

Originally posted by Froch_uppercut View Post
      Well, I was goingto say how wrong you were, but seeing that you put RUDE and IT WONT in capitals, I felt you must really be right.

Easy easy work this for Kovalev, it goes like this.

* Can Ward stop Kovalev? Answer = no

* Can Ward keep Kov off him all 12 rounds? Answer = no

* KOvalev to stop or dominate Ward, like he does everyone.
      Isaac Chilemba?

Bernard Hopkins?

Comment

Originally posted by HURTFEELINGS View Post
        Almost all of you kovalev fans are the same ones who always go for the puncher/brawler types because you guys think Rocky was really how boxing is supposed to operate. Ward has fought bettter comp, and you mean kov couldnt ko a 187 year old man is an accomplishment. You same people are the same ones that always come up and came up with excuses everytime Floyd won...he paid off the ref, he paid off the commentators, he paid off the judges, if you turn the tv off and turn it on its side then mute it, you can see who really won...You guys arent fans of boxing, youre fans of certain people and dont really care about the "sweet science".
        Some people still like the ancient way of the sport, "kill or be killed" instead of slap then run, which doesn't seem like "sweet" or like "science" to me!

Comment

Originally posted by hotep View Post
          Ward frives under pressure,,

the kid kovolov can punch i aint gonna deny it but we see what happens when these hypped punches go up elite american defensve fighters,
          Like Bernard Hopkins?

Comment

I'm tired of hearing boxers talk crap before fights. Ward/Kov, do us a favor and just SHOW UP next month for the fight. No pulling out or delaying cuz of injuries or other weak excuses. Just shut up and fight.

Comment

Originally posted by LaidOut View Post
              I'm tired of hearing boxers talk crap before fights. Ward/Kov, do us a favor and just SHOW UP next month for the fight. No pulling out or delaying cuz of injuries or other weak excuses. Just shut up and fight.
              Then you must be tired of boxing or sport in general lol.... fighters and trainers ALWAYS have something to say in the lead up to the fight, it keeps the interest in the fight alive.... granted this is a recycled quote from an old interview last month.

Comment

to believe that kovalev is just power is a huge mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
                  Kovalev has not seen anything like Ward. He's in for a RUDE awakening if he thinks punching power alone will be enough to win this fight. IT WON'T.
                  tell that to George Foreman

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
                    Then you must be tired of boxing or sport in general lol.... fighters and trainers ALWAYS have something to say in the lead up to the fight, it keeps the interest in the fight alive.... granted this is a recycled quote from an old interview last month.
                    In fact, you are correct, I am tired of boxing at this point in time. Lately, it seems the more boxers talk, the less chance the fight happens. Never seen it this bad like in 2015-2016. Now my December fun has mostly been taken away from me (HW and MW). I blame the sport itself now. Damn I hate being bitter.

Comment

Ward is taking him to a one way trip to school, class will be in session and SOG will be handing out pencil and paper to Kov after the fight!

The bumbling Russian will have that same look Wlad had when he lost to a flabby, coked out and feather fisted fighter in Fury!

I'll always give the Ruskie credit for not ducking Ward!

Comment

Working...
                      X