Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rigondeaux vs Lomachenko still needs to happen! Don't let it die!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by darius45 View Post
    Now that Ward/Kovalev has happened, and Canelo/GGG is slated for September, Loma-Rigo is now the next big fight for boxing bar none... The next best being Thurman/Spence...

But Rigo/Loma isn't just the best fight to make like for the year, it's a HISTORICAL fight for boxing, 2, 2 gold medalists going at it, never happened before... They both have such different but uniquely pleasing styles too
    I disagree with those other fights being bigger. The Ward vs Kovalev fight was an over hyped fight between two boxers who at best, are average with one being a CONSISTENT cheater.

The Gennady Golovkin vs Canelo Alvarez is another fight between two not so great boxers.

The only other fight that you could claim rivals that of Rigo vs Loma was the Klitschko vs Joshua fight. Other than that, this fight is not only the best current fight but possibly the greatest fight ever in boxing.
    Last edited by Mr Objecitivity; 06-18-2017, 12:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tabaristio View Post

The only other fight that you could claim rivals that of Rigo vs Loma was the Klitschko vs Joshua fight. Other than that, this fight is not only the best current fight but possibly the greatest fight ever in boxing.
      In terms of the amount of sheer talent in the ring, there are few fights that come close to a Rigo/Loma fight... Floyd/Manny if they had fought earlier would of been close...

It's a shame that such an incredible and once in a lifetime fight is not being demanded by the fans...

We live in a truly decadent and slovenly society when people clamor for Connor and Floyd to fight, but not Lomachenko and Rigo...

Comment

In terms of the amount of sheer talent in the ring, there are few fights that come close to a Rigo/Loma fight... Floyd/Manny if they had fought earlier would of been close...

It's a shame that such an incredible and once in a lifetime fight is not being demanded by the fans...

We live in a truly decadent and slovenly society when people clamor for Connor and Floyd to fight, but not Lomachenko and Rigo...
        I totally agree! Boxing is turning into a joke where the big fights aren't being made as they should be. It's becoming more and more a business and money making department than an actual competition and sport.

This particular fight in my opinion is even greater than Manny pacquiao vs Floyd Mayweather (including younger versions of both). The skill gap between Pacman and Floyd Mayweather was ALWAYS just too great in my opinion! I don't think Pacquiao was ever good enough to beat Floyd Mayweather.

On the other hand, Vasyl Lomachenko and Guillermo Rigondeaux are equally matched. Nothing to choose between the two, except small factors like Rigondeaux's age and his slight size disadvantage. Other than those, both are equally matched with both having similar skill level.

Comment

• rigo ducked loma for years. loma was available at 126 and now hes been at 130 for a while now. rigo is all talk, this is like GGG-ward all over again.

loma is waiting until 135 is safe and he will move up to 135 to fight more cab drivers as soon as danny garcia moves up to 140. loma aint ever fighting garcia or crawford.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tabaristio View Post
            I totally agree! Boxing is turning into a joke where the big fights aren't being made as they should be. It's becoming more and more a business and money making department than an actual competition and sport.

This particular fight in my opinion is even greater than Manny pacquiao vs Floyd Mayweather (including younger versions of both). The skill gap between Pacman and Floyd Mayweather was ALWAYS just too great in my opinion! I don't think Pacquiao was ever good enough to beat Floyd Mayweather.

On the other hand, Vasyl Lomachenko and Guillermo Rigondeaux are equally matched. Nothing to choose between the two, except small factors like Rigondeaux's age and his slight size disadvantage. Other than those, both are equally matched with both having similar skill level.

manny vs floyd may have taken like 4-5 years to make but loma-rigo is waaay worse for 2 reasons.

1. manny/floyd were in deep divisions and even when they werent facing each other, they were facing big names with common opponents between them.

2. they eventually did fight.

It makes all the chit talking between rigo and loma much worse when all they fight are cab drivers.

Comment

• Originally posted by el*** View Post
              manny vs floyd may have taken like 4-5 years to make but loma-rigo is waaay worse for 2 reasons.

1. manny/floyd were in deep divisions and even when they werent facing each other, they were facing big names with common opponents between them.

2. they eventually did fight.

It makes all the chit talking between rigo and loma much worse when all they fight are cab drivers.
              Floyd and Manny fought their share of sub par opposition...and unlike Floyd(who could pick his opponents as he saw fit after a certain point in his career) Rigo is stuck with whoever has the balls to fight him. It's not his fault that all the top guys are afraid of him. And since he can't pay these guys millions of dollars to fight him like Floyd, he has to fight whoever. Floyd didn't even fight the best guy at 154 for crying out loud (erislandy lara) but freaking Madiana twice, and berto... Floyd avoided a guy who was very near his level skill wise and athletic wise, because even though he knew he would probably win, it would be too close

Comment

No, Rigo should be the MOST relevant fighter on Loma's mind. It's his biggest challenge. Rigo is the most talented guy Loma will probably ever face in his boxing career EVEN IF he were to face Crawford one day (who is not on Rigo's level)...

Put yourself in Rigo's shoes...your a once in a lifetime talent... everybody is afraid to lose to you so no one fights you... meanwhile, much less talented fighters are getting bigger paychecks but yet you're supposed to accept smaller money!... I can see why Rigo would be frustrated.

Now, look at the Walters situation. Didn't Walters originally turn down the Loma fight because the money wasn't right. That fight got made. So it's possible that Arum can dig a little deeper into his pockets and make this fight... It's incumbent upon Loma to insist on this fight to his management, because we all know Arum would be perfectly happy if this fight never got made
                1. Loma stands to make more money in a rematch with Orlando Salido than in fighting Rigondeaux. Rigo is of little relevance to Lomachenko.

2. With the depth of talent at 126, why hasn't Rigondeaux made the move to featherweight and get into the mix for a big fight? El Chacal may be a once in a lifetime talent, but his inflated sense of entitlement has done more bad to his career than good.

3. Rigo is in no position to be making demands and Bob Arum shouldn't have to overpay a fighter he doesn't promote.

Comment

• If this fight was at 126 it would be really good. But loma is almost full 130 now so I don't know if it happens.

Comment

• Rigo would school loma all day long.

Comment

• From Rigo's Twitter:

Guillermo Rigondeaux‏Verified account @RigoElChacal305

Controversial is da @VasylLomachenko manager can't even answer on a press conference when asked if he is up 2maked fight happen #BringHimOn
                      Loma still silent

Comment

Working...
                      X