No announcement yet.

IBO is #5 entity; unneeded

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gentblue View Post
    The reason why the IBO is getting recognition is because legit guys hold it (Fury, GGG, Lara).
    Unfortunate analysis. Gennady and his team just do not know better. No one recognizes Lara as any world champ. Fury holds IBO??? I been trying to determine that. Majority I do not see that in the least so...I'm not putting -drums- there.
    Dude, : ) your'e green.

Comment

Originally posted by original zero View Post
      the IBO has been around since 1993. there have been many times in the IBO's history where several of their belts were held by big stars.

i'm not sure how long you've been closely following the sport, but the IBO isn't getting any more recognition now than they have in the past. if anything, they're getting less.

the peak of the IBO was probably when gary shaw had a ton of pull with showtime.
      Original Zero. Your pin-box kinda unusual.
      So...you are with me?
      One "great" chap I met thru my work is the CEO of the ABA (USA Titles only), Dean Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
        tl;dr

Nobody cares about the IBO, except maybe the GGG defense squad.
        Thank you. But can you see what I am saying about the magnitude of the Crossover. I wrote one (email) to the Ny Post Mets coverage writer recently. The guy is a "major writer". He wrote me back about how he missed the days when Boxing was "every ounce as popular as baseball". [I can come with his name after...........if anyone interested]. And what do you think about my whole concept. REEL THE OVER GOVERANCE IN. Make it REAL LEAGUE.

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfBoxing View Post
          Unfortunate analysis. Gennady and his team just do not know better. No one recognizes Lara as any world champ. Fury holds IBO??? I been trying to determine that. Majority I do not see that in the least so...I'm not putting -drums- there.
          Dude, : ) your'e green.
          Lara is the WBA world champ and is considered the Best 154 champ, GGG knows what's up and Yes Fury is IBO because Wlad was IBO. The IBO is starting to become the title that the boogeymen carry
          Last edited by Gentblue; 09-24-2016, 03:00 PM.

Comment

IBO means nothing to me.

My ranking:

WBC>IBF>WBA>WBO

(I hate the two WBA belts)

Comment

I don't know how long you been involved with the boxing or at what levels but.......
              I look at it from a world and historical perspective for as far as what is the ESTABLISHED. I'm not saying that the IBO doesn't have good tech people or are not rule keepers. I'm saying that they are the Johnny come lately//which they ARE!
              No. I'll stick by the guns I have going now.
              If you wanted to get near to boxing greater I can tell you that at the BoxRec forum their is a "Lennox" active who worked for IBO 15 years he say. And he has a PBO now founded. I don't condem them because they don't at all make champions. They only do ratings and track the boxers they see as genuine title holders.
              I think YOUR PERSON doesn't know the truth of the history with the IBF (coming in real easy) v. the battle that the WBO had.
              I agree with you about the WBA and that is because of the three tier champs. Utter confusion and shenanigans. But.....that confuse the crossover only. Does NOT confuse me. But...we wish to pomp-up the "crossover" not DROWN IT! [Golovkin V Floyd the no.-1 crossover explosive match that can be made in modern. Ward - Kovalev "great" but Floyd - Golovkin even greater]
              Anyway, I think I am repeating myself here but that's O.k.
              PBO I "wish" would join the UWBCAFO-I and be a '2e'.
              You need to know anything else??
              I would rather go with something different rather than the broken ones that have been mucking up the works of the sport for decades at this point. Those organizations are generally beyond repair, the IBO may be just as bad who knows but I would rather give them a go than keep trying the same thing that hasn't worked and isn't going t work any better going forward~

Comment

Originally posted by Gentblue View Post
                Lara is the WBA world champ and is considered the Best 154 champ, GGG knows what's up and Yes Fury is IBO because Wlad was IBO. The IBO is starting to become the title that the boogeymen carry
                The three tier titles....you mean he is a champ in the same vain that LUCAS BROWNE! HAAAAAAAAAAAA! You are TOO FUNNY!
                I already said my peace about Fury T., and that's how that is. Not sure what you mean by bugger statement OH I get it! And, you think Lara would be threat to Golovkin? [yeah I think so too. "Threat"]

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                  I would rather go with something different rather than the broken ones that have been mucking up the works of the sport for decades at this point. Those organizations are generally beyond repair, the IBO may be just as bad who knows but I would rather give them a go than keep trying the same thing that hasn't worked and isn't going t work any better going forward~
                  Nah. I'm looking at this picture too long. IBO
                  WBF
                  WBU
                  IBC
                  NBA
                  '2e' is THE WAY to bring this now. Again: "agree" WBA being ridiculous with the three tier championships per the one weight division. "DESTROYS" the crossover.
                  FIRST ANDMAJOR FOUR: WBC WBA IBF WBO we bring it forward best we can. IBO and ANY OTHERS ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE.
                  I don't know your background with the Sport or if you been involved one year; three or 50. But, time has taught me lot different that what you are saying.
                  IBO is cancer. It's a RIDDLE WHY they have not been dealt with til now; STOPPED IN THEIR TRACKS.
                  We can have 1/2 dozen additional governing groups pop-up in next 18 months. Realistically. This GOT-TO-BE contained.
                  Hopefully the cloud clears up in time to come. My work with the UWBCAFO-I I have confidence.
                  How much a fan really are you? From what you say it comes from a certain standard.

Comment

I only care about the WBC and IBF. IBF for their rating system, strict enforcement of mandatories, weight limits and the fact that they actually follow their rules.

WBC for prestige only.

Comment

Nah. I'm looking at this picture too long. IBO
                      WBF
                      WBU
                      IBC
                      NBA
                      '2e' is THE WAY to bring this now. Again: "agree" WBA being ridiculous with the three tier championships per the one weight division. "DESTROYS" the crossover.
                      FIRST ANDMAJOR FOUR: WBC WBA IBF WBO we bring it forward best we can. IBO and ANY OTHERS ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE.
                      I don't know your background with the Sport or if you been involved one year; three or 50. But, time has taught me lot different that what you are saying.
                      IBO is cancer. It's a RIDDLE WHY they have not been dealt with til now; STOPPED IN THEIR TRACKS.
                      We can have 1/2 dozen additional governing groups pop-up in next 18 months. Realistically. This GOT-TO-BE contained.
                      Hopefully the cloud clears up in time to come. My work with the UWBCAFO-I I have confidence.
                      How much a fan really are you? From what you say it comes from a certain standard.
                      I don't know why four is the right number or why any of the 4 "major" ones as you call them need to be kept around. 5 probably is too many but 3 was too many and so was four.

I would call the current alphabets cancers, which is why I would give the IBO one of their spots and get rid of 2 or 3 of the old ones that will never change their ways. It couldn't be any worse really~

Comment

Working...
                      X