Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Promoter Sends Counter-Offer Terms For Canelo PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
    True, but Floyd made about $25m and that was almost a decade ago.
    That is because the fight did 2.5 million buys..imagine what Oscar made

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
      They are just haters, or Canelo fans. In the U.S. the majority of boxing fans seem to be black racial supremacist types, who only watch boxing to see black people "beat" races they don't like, or Mexicans who obviously have a bias towards Canelo in many cases.

But even outside of Canelo, there are a lot of racially biased fans who just don't like seeing white fighters ruling the sport like Kovalev and GGG. They don't even like seeing any non-black fighter ruling the sport which is why you see the vitriol towards Chocolatito. I mean with GGG there was at least the Ward dispute, and he's become a big star so there's polarization, you can at least find excuses for why people might not like him. But Chocolatito is just this little unassuming guy who went up four divisions, never trash talks, extremely skilled, always in entertaining fights. There is literally nothing to dislike about him but you see the vitriol anyway because it's just about race to some of these "fans" and they see Chocolatito as just another guy who is an obstacle to black fighters being the best.

I never understood this until the last year. Before I was always like, no one actually likes Floyd, right? Everyone is just buying his PPVs to see him lose, right? But then you saw these TMT rallies where he had all these black fans there, and it was clear some people actually liked him. I was like how could anyone root for this boring cherry picker over an exciting fighter like Pacquiao who fought everyone and was the guy actually trying to deliver to fans the fight we wanted to see, as opposed to Floyd who was the obstacle to making that fight? Like why would anyone favor the person keeping them from getting what they want over the person trying to help them get what they want?

That was my first clue. And then when GGG and Kovalev came along, it became extremely obvious. GGG like Chocolatito just this nice guy, trying to give fans all the best fights, extremely entertaining, but they just hated him for no reason, because of his skin color. Meanwhile Andre Ward barely fought for five years, he kept trying to breach his lawful contract with the promoter who helped make him a star, just extremely shady. The courts kept saying the contract was lawful but he just kept trying to screw his promoter anyway. He wasn't delivering any top level fights, and the fights he did have were stylistically awful to watch. He was literally delivering nothing of value to fans and yet these same fans loved him. I didn't understand it back then but now it makes perfect sense. It's a race obsession to them. But if Ward loses to Kovalev, you will suddenly see them claiming that actually Ward is half white, and he never counted as black anyway. I'm serious that's how obsessed some of these fans are with race. When Kovalev and GGG succeed, they try to convince themselves these guys aren't white. I've seen all sorts of racial purity theorizing about them trying to delegitimatize their whiteness. It's crazy. And then if mixed fighters like Ward don't succeed, suddenly they will try to delegitimize their blackness. It's crazy. Before GGG fought Stevens, you saw many of them picking Stevens, rooting for Stevens. Afterwards I literally saw comments saying "he doesn't count as a real black fighter" because "he's not on the top level."

It's just racial stupidity is what it is. Why can't people just come together as humans and have a meritocracy, which is what the USA is supposed to be? Support the people who deserve it on merit, instead of supporting people on the basis of color.
      America is the most racist country in the world.......the police with the blacks , the Deep South and the ingrained racism that's been passed down through generation to generation and still exists today..the Mexicans and blacks..and the supremist blacks who hate everybody because of what there ancestors went through and hold everybody accountable......What do you expect from a country that makes you take an oath every morning at school swearing your allegiance to the star spangled banner ....ridiculous mindset to have

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
        so then Jacobs should just accept whatever K2 offers?

got it........
        Ggg isnt a ppv fighter, that will be a negotiation between 2 network fighters...
        That fight wont even be a ppv...

Comment

• Originally posted by larryusa View Post
          That is because the fight did 2.5 million buys..imagine what Oscar made
          Who's that guy in you sig ? Is it the lead singer in earth wind and fire ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
            Not with K2 always lying and BS'ing! Why would Saunders choose $1.5 to fight GGG when he can make $4-6 (Which K2 SAID they offered but DIDN'T originally) to fight CanYellow??? No Good/Great fighter is going to fight GGG for CHEAP @SS K2!
            no matter how many times you repeat that stupid lie it still wont ever be true.

All loeffler said was "career-high money". Which it was. You idiots are the ones talking about 4 million or whatever lol

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
              unless you are a potential GGG opponent like Jacobs, Saunders, etc. Then of course you should be paid $5-$7 million or its a duck by GGG.........
              The number is 3 mil. How in the fcuk did you come up with an additional 4 mil? I can understand being off by a few thousand. But to be off by 4 million dollars?

No wonder you failed as a promoter. You can't count for schit

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                This is a waste of EVERYONE's time! GGG isn't WORTH 40% yet with that POS resume. And it will NEVER happen! Team GGG is on FREAKING CRACK!!!
                you do realize that the fight is a year away and these negotiations are likely to take weeks if not months, right?

you guys crack me up.....

Comment

• Originally posted by icha View Post
                  i said this before, droping that belt earned canelo millions at the negotiation table...
                  the lil leverage BBB had is now gone...
                  If they can't reach a compromise he doesn't get anything from what would be one of the biggest grossing fights of all time.

Why do you think K2 have no leverage?

They could soon be in possession of all the belts.

Canelo's injured.

If by the time he moves up GG has beaten Jacobs and BJS and has all the belts, where does that leave him?

You guys think that he has enormous power. But he doesn't. His own fans have turned on him.

He won't be able to fight any other MW's for huge money. And he and Oscar literally wouldn't be able to leave the house without someone asking about a GG fight. The fans would demand that they negotiate. If he didn't fight GG, he'd be ridiculed, and he'd be forced to fight leftovers or CW's.

K2 are in a bigger position of power than what you think and they won't back down.

Sure, Canelo's a star that brings in huge money. But GG has more options and Canelo has already given his belt up.

The pressure would be on Canelo to fight for all the MW belts. Whereas GG could always move up.

You guys are in for a shock.

Comment

• Originally posted by larryusa View Post
                    well the WBA will enforce the fight right???? so there is a split that has to be met right?
                    yep, its 75-25 GGGs way, which everyone knows Jacobs would never accept.

But according to some posters here since Jacobs is a network fighter and the B side he should accept whatever crumbs Loeffler offers lol

Comment

• Originally posted by icha View Post
                      Ggg isnt a ppv fighter, that will be a negotiation between 2 network fighters...
                      That fight wont even be a ppv...
                      Was Khan a Ppv fighter? He got upside he never cashed in on cause it flopped. How about Canelo, was he a Ppv fighter when he got all that upside vs Floyd?

Comment

Working...
                      X