Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Promoter Sends Counter-Offer Terms For Canelo PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sp0rty Cr@ig View Post
    Yeah because in boxing when you are the "B side" you should just take whatever you are offered. That is how it works. No negotiations just accept whatever the bigger draw offers.

He doesn't have to accept an eight figure pay day, he can try to get more. But of he doesn't get more, and he turns down a $10mil payday. He's a ****ing idiot.

Either way he's losing that fight so it doesn't matter,he shoukd just tale what he can get.

Comment

• Originally posted by whoseyourdaddy View Post
      I used to blame Canelo for the fight not being made but the refusal of GGG to negotiate weigh and now acting like he deserved almost 50% of the PPV/money is ludicrous, People needs to hold GGG accountable for this fight not happening.

I'll say to Canelo give them the middle finger and go separate ways.
      It's called negotiating.

The fight is a year out.

What would you do in Loeffler's shoes?

This is going to be one of the biggest grossing fights of all time.

There'll be lots of twists and turns.

Oscar knew that Loeffler wouldnt accept his offer and vice versa.

Comment

• Golovkin does not deserve 40%. They are crazy.

Canelo has a proven track record on PPV that he can stand on. Lil G has 97k.

If they want that kind of purse split they need to beat Canelo first. Then for a rematch they'd be able to call the shots.

Comment

• Originally posted by chirorickyp View Post
          65% 35% is fair. Eventually Mexican attendance and PPV buys drop because they will be fed up and want a warrior. In time Mexican fans will favor GGG who at the core is one of them. If I were handling Canelo I would wait it out because facing this guy and getting beat up or going down from liver shots will ruin the brand permanently which means no PPV future. Make the money Canelo while you can before you walk the plank.
          Ggg fans said that after Canelo dropped the belt and he sold 600k with Khan. Y'all kept preaching fans were fed up with Canelo and he sold 51k seats at cowboy staidum. I've been to a couple Canelo fights. He's not losing fans. He's 26 and gaining more mexican American fans. Kids are growing up watching Canelo like I did watching Chavez Sr. They idolize Canelo. I don't get ggg fans at all. First they were moaning and groaning that Canelo wouldn't get in the ring with ggg. Now gbp offers ggg a contract and they are moaning and groaning that Canelo is not offering ggg enough money. WTF. The fight is made as long as ggg accepts the terms. Canelo is not blocking the fight from happening. If you're true boxing fans you put the pressure on GGG to accept so we can all see the fight we deserve. Canelo ducking is no longer the obstacle. Literally all ggg has to do is sign the contract and the fight is on. All the other bull chit is pestering by ggg in order to get more money. If it doesn't get made now is on Ggg and his team. Canelo agreed to come up to 160, GGG's natural weight to challenge ggg. GGG is not negotiating anything and expects Canelo to give him a fair deal too. Ggg is not negotiating at all.
          Last edited by Junbengreat; 09-21-2016, 10:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
            Golovkin fans are delusional. 10+ mil and PPV upside is a lowball offer? This is a regualr HBO fighter that gets $2 mil we're talking about here. How the **** is paying him over 5x he makes lowball.
            Work it out dumbass!

I guess Floyd offering Manny $40m was fair on the grounds he'd never made even half of that amount before?

Of course it's a lowball offer.

This fight is going to be HUGE! It will be one of the biggest grossing fights of all time. Canelo can make money fighting other guys, but not money of this magnitude. They need each other.

Canelo can have more, but give him the bigger share of the overall amount.

Oscar obviously wants something in writing now because he knows if GG beats Jacobs and BJS it will give him more leverage.

Open your eyes and look at the bigger picture.
            Last edited by robertzimmerman; 09-21-2016, 10:50 PM.

Comment

• Wow this is EXACTLY what I said on another article. Completely reasonable, GGG shouldn't accept some 'flat fee' BS. A pay per view between the two fighters will do big money and should be split accordingly. Each fighters personal drawing power is irrelevant. Canelo needs GGG to get big PPV numbers and Golovkin can't see a PPV on his own. Great move by Loeffler.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
                Work it out dumbass!

I guess Floyd offering Manny $40m was fair on the grounds he'd never made even half of that amount before?

Of course it's a lowball offer.

This fight is going to be HUGE! It will be one of the biggest grossing fights of all time. Canelo can make money fighting other guys, but not money of this magnitude. They need each other.

Canelo can have more, but give him the bigger share of the overall amount.

Oscar obviously wants something in writing now because he knows if GG beats Jacobs and BJS it will give him more leverage.

Open your eyes and look at the bigger picture.
                Pacquiao was making 20+ mil when Mayweather made that offer you ******. Mayweather offered 2x what Pacquiao usually made. Canelo has offered Golovkin 5x what he usually makes..

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                  Asking for the same deal Manny got when you not Manny and can't even get on HBO PPV is pricing yourself out. He can't even get fights in vegas and has to beg uk fighters. Lame delusional ggg fans. He's the BBB side and ducking. He just wants more wade mismatches ol 35 year old hype boy needs more bums to feast on.
                  You've got an unhealthy obsession with GG and Dominic Wade.

That's all you ever type.

These negotiations are going to run for months with lots of twists and turns.

He isn't ducking you clown.

A flat fee a year out is BS, from what will be one of the biggest grossing fight of all time.

They need each other.

Canelo can't make this money with anyone else.
                  Last edited by robertzimmerman; 09-22-2016, 03:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
                    He doesn't have to accept an eight figure pay day, he can try to get more. But of he doesn't get more, and he turns down a $10mil payday. He's a ****ing idiot.

Either way he's losing that fight so it doesn't matter,he shoukd just tale what he can get.
                    And how big of a pay day does Canelo turn down by not offering GGG a better deal? How much less money will Canelo earn from fighting a someone like Smith for his next fight then he would have gotten fighting GGG at say a 70/30 split? Likely more than $10 million right?

That's what we call 'Opportunity cost'

"but he is B side!" You ****** ***s should be out mowing lawns insteaed of discussing BUSINESS because you know nothing about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
                      You've got an unhealthy obsession with GG and Dominic Wade.

That's all you ever type.

These negotiations are going to run for months with lots of twists and turns.

He isn't ducking you clown.

A flat fee a year out is BS, from what will be the biggest grossing fight of all time.

They need each other.

Canelo can't make this money with anyone else.
                      I'm done.

Comment

Working...
                      X