Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Promoter Sends Counter-Offer Terms For Canelo PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
    It still applies, but you can't let people take advantage of your respect for boxing by accepting crazy offers, otherwise where does it end? "Well you said you weren't a businessman, so either fight for free or we walk!" Where does it end? There are limits to everything, people have to be reasonable. I mean who offers flat terms for a fight over a year out? That's clearly not a serious offer.

Luckily, Team GGG has responded with a serious offer to Team Canelo, and now it's up to Team Canelo to prove they want the fight by accepting a real offer, or they can duck the fight again just like they ducked after the Cotto fight by fighting Khan instead, just like they ducked after the Khan fight by dropping the belt, even though both times they said they would fight GGG but then reneged on their word.

It's gotten to a point where Canelo's team has lost all credibility. Canelo as well. Because they've made promises but then reneged on those promises. They've said things and then done the opposite immediately afterwards. So we can no longer rely on their word. After they already broke their promises multiple times, it actually shows the class of Tom Loeffler and his forgiving nature in this regard that he's even willing to continue operating with verbal agreements with Canelo's team, after they've already broken verbal commitments before. Remember when Oscar said Tom better have his phone on because they would make GGG-Canelo next? But then instead they delayed negotiations for a month hoping GGG would move on, but then when Team GGG smartly waited them out and called their bluff, they dropped the belt?

GGG stills respects box, and will make fair deals as always, but in the end if your opponent is scared to fight you, there's not much you can do. It will be up to Canelo now to tell Oscar he wants this fight, and to make a fair deal. Team GGG as usual has done everything possible to make the fight. They stepped aside to let Cotto-Canelo happen first when they requested that. They let Canelo-Khan happen when Team Canelo requested more time. They have bent over backwards trying to appease Team Canelo but when someone is scared to fight you, there's nothing you can do to force them into the ring with you. We saw as much with Floyd Mayweather. But hopefully Jacobs steps up and we get GGG-Jacobs in December. Kovalev-Ward in November, GGG-Jacobs in December, and hopefully they can sneak in Lomachenko-Walters or something like that... that's a couple high quality fights by HBO which is about all you can expect with their modest budget.

Let's hope that's what happens. Kovalev-Ward, GGG-Jacobs, a good Lomachenko fight, and hopefully some good undercard fights. Maybe Estrada-Cuadras on the undercard of Kovalev-Ward, since that PPV could use Mexicans on the undercard if they want to sell PPVs lol. Quality wise, that would be the best end to an HBO year in recent memory. Quantity wise, they need a bigger budget so they can maintain the quality, but add more fights in general. But for the budget they have, they are much better off going with quality over quantity, and if we get GGG-Jacobs and one or two more good fights, I will be happy.

Hell, this is what boxing fans have been waiting years to see! Good opponents willing to fight Kovalev and GGG so we can see how good they are against the top level guys. GGG already fought one truly top athlete with speed, power, china, etc, in David Lemieux, but Kovalev-Ward and GGG-Jacobs in back-to-back months is really what fans have been wanting to see. Get it done HBO! Quality first! Quantity is only important to the extent it maintains the highest quality matchups! No tuneups! No showcases!
    crazy offers its more then canelo made vs cotto. its about the same canelo made vs mayweather how big do u guys think this fight is? it amazes me u guys think 10 million with upside is such a bad offer. only kind of split that even makes sense is maybe 80-20 i mean give me a break i know ur a ggg fan but this whole when will it end crap is not an argument its not going to end does he want the fight or not period

Comment

• Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
      There's absolutely nothing wrong with a fair overall split.
      Fair is no more than 20% for Golovkin. He hasn't done **** to ask for anymore, he isn't a PPV draw.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
        There's absolutely nothing wrong with a fair overall split.
        please tell me HOW IN THE **** IS 60-40 a fair split?

I can't believe how ****ing ******ed you lil G fans are.

Comment

• Very informative article released today by boxing insider B. Campbell of ESPN..."Canelo-Smith..the fight nobody asked for"......read it if you want to know which side is trying to avoid this fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by icha View Post
            now all of the sudden they care more about gggs wallet than about watching the damned fight....
            I think tables are starting to turn on GGG, me being one of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
              Lol he just fought a welterweight at the welters home for what????? He could of fought Lara or another bum at 160 but what did he do, he had no shame after he said himself that Brook was too small for middleweight division n he badmouth Nelo for facing Khan at 155, n what he do cherrypick an 147POUNDER LOL at 160 no shame oh but he has honor wont bend for the dollars lol
              Another clueless post.

Brook was a keep busy fight and a late replacement after Eubank couldn't be negotiated with, genius.

How did he cherry pick him when he'd already handed the Eubank contract back in?

He didn't pursue Brook like your boy did with Amir Khan.

No, he couldn't have fought Lara. Because DeCubas has recently said that they're happy at JMW for the time being, and there'd be issues regarding Lara's purse and the networks.

You want to talk about shame?

Oscar said they were relinquishing the belt to make negotiations easier. They told Loeffler to stand by the phone. Yet the phone never rang because they'd gone to fight Liam ****ing Smith instead.

I've never seen so many clueless clowns in one thread.

This has to be a record.

Comment

• golovkin doesn't deserve anywhere NEAR 40% canelo is gonna read that and laugh all the way into the sunset, because it's a joke.

also people have to take into account that canelo will be fighting golovkin at full 160 no draining nothing so it's benefiting golovkin. I have at least seen canelo make huge strives to get this fight made. agreed to full 160. offering golovkin upwards of 18 million dollars.

and golovkin is saying he wants 40%? first they said canelo will NEVER Offer golovkin no more then 2 million. and if they did they will gladly accept. not only that but they are moving up to the full 160 even though golovkin boasted about fighting at 154.

this is pathetic.......

Comment

• Originally posted by b d w View Post
                  I can't help but think about Bernard Hopkins in all of this. He knew he had to take short money against De la Fishnets, but he also knew that 8 figures is nothing to be sneezed at and a win would make him a superstar which it did.

I'm a BIG Triple G fan and feel that Canelo's team have avoided him, but in this case he should just take the 10 mill, beat the crap out of him and move on to other fights. manny's team was able to negotiate a % because Manny was a huge PPV star in his own right, something that Golovkin can't claim at this stage.

Loeffler isn't playing this one smart IMHO.
                  Hopkins wasnt near as popular as Ggg and still was given ppv upside. There was none to be had cause it wasn't nearly as much in demand as this. Even Khan was offered ppv upside dude.

De La Hoya is guaranteed $25 million and Hopkins $9 million. If the pay-per-view purchases are above 1.5 million, De La Hoya could get $35 million, and Hopkins could nearly double his take,

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                    Yes a flat fee 12 months before the fight is absolutely crazy because no one can project the economics of that fight 12 months in advance. Secondly Canelo was an undercard fighter at that time, GGG may be unified middleweight champ by next September. It's a little different. Just a little lol. Thirdly Mayweather was regularly pulling in much bigger PPVs back then than Canelo is now. In other words, Floyd back then was a bigger A-side than Canelo is now, and GGG now is a much bigger B-side than Canelo was then. Therefore, the split between a lesser A-side, and a bigger B-side, is going to be much closer to even than the split between a bigger A-side, and a lesser B-side. Pretty simple imo.
                    Pretty simple to us, but not to most of these nuts on here.

I wish you the best of luck.

Comment

• Mother ****ers act like K2 s supposed to start at what they'll take, shut up

You GGG come off looking very pathetic.

K2 and GBP is obvious negotiating, and neither is starting where they e enou ally will end up.

K2 would be inept to start any lower than 60/40 and see where the public stands. The fight is a year away. K2 wants to push the negotiation down the road because they think a successful defense with Jacobs will strengthen their hand.

GBP would be ****** to not see if offering a flat fee changed the media narrative, it didn't. GPB wants to get it done because they know they've lost the PR battle.

If gbp really wants the fight, they'll like meet at a 70/30 split. But not for awhile anyways.

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                      Golovkin is clearly th B-side Loeffler you tard. Wanting a split similar to the 40% Pacquiao got.

Pricing themselves out. Golovkin is now ducking Canelo.
                      This fight is a year away, no good promoter is gonna start their bids at what they'll eventually take.

Stop being a spaz and acting as if Loeffler us supposed to lay down.

These guys are professionals, not people complaining on a boxing forum.

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                      Golovkin/K2 got an offer for $10m for the fight, only to now turn around and ask for 40% of the pot, lol.

And Alvarez is the one holding up the fight? gtfoh
                      That's how negotiations work, but I'm not surprised you don't know this.

Comment

Working...
                      X