No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Andre Ward Reacts To Kovalev's Trash Talk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by truefan View Post
    They both are winners so it will not be easy for any fighter. If you are a real fan of boxing then you will understand that. Ward has fought the better opponents but is smaller. Kovalev is taller and hits harder. Ward has the boxing IQ and experience technically. Overall Ward is better but Kovalev is a monster. Pick 'em fight in my opinion.
    Ward is actually larger (slightly taller and thicker). Look at the photos of them standing together.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      Cue the idiots who say, "He's arrogant!"
      Gotta be the most down to earth, honest boxer I've ever seen interviewed. Consistently a class act. That drives the haters crazy.
      Close but I think Algieri won that spot bro, gotta give Chris credit too. Actually I would really put Porter up there too, dude is humble as fk as well.

Comment

Apollo vs Drago

Someone should pull ward out of this fight, he isn't ready. At least make sure his corner got plenty of towels

Comment

Originally posted by churchmouse View Post
          Ward won't see the final bell.
          It takes more than power to beat a guy as well rounded and experienced as Ward. Kovalev's only way to win is to knock him out. Hes not capable of outboxing him, hes just not on that level in terms of pure boxing ability.

Comment

This is going to be a great fight. Two top guys in the sport today. I def have Ward winning big and making it look rather easy. Especially the second half of the fight.

I find it rather funny all the people who kept calling Ward "scared" and was afraid of Kovalev seem to not be as interested now that the fight is signed. They know what is about to happen. I can't wait for Ward to put that work in on Kovalev.

Ward is about to put on a dominant performance.

Comment

Originally posted by truefan View Post
              They both are winners so it will not be easy for any fighter. If you are a real fan of boxing then you will understand that. Ward has fought the better opponents but is smaller. Kovalev is taller and hits harder. Ward has the boxing IQ and experience technically. Overall Ward is better but Kovalev is a monster. Pick 'em fight in my opinion.
              great post!!!! i got ward

Comment

Lol at ward saying that they set a record in getting the fight done as quick as possible.

It only took you a year and hbo forcing you to make the fight happen. Even then you managed to get handsomely paid for fighting three bums, because you "needed" those fights to get ready.

Floyd needed no bums to move up one division to fight oscar. Hopkins didnt need bums to fight tarver and that was two divisions(so was pac against oscar). But i guess thats the difference between ward and true ATG's.

Ward fools a lot of gullible people, but that wont help him in not getting knocked out.

Comment

Originally posted by Imatroll View Post
                  Apollo vs Drago

Someone should pull ward out of this fight, he isn't ready. At least make sure his corner got plenty of towels
                  They've got a pen doe! I think they're gonna need a towel too. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    Gotta be the most down to earth, honest boxer I've ever seen interviewed. Consistently a class act. That drives the haters crazy.
                    Yeah Ward is as cool as the other side of the pillow. Dude is a consummate professional of the highest order.

Comment

Great interview from Radio Raheem as usual

Good interview from Ward always gives a honest great take he really gets the sport and business of boxing like few of the fighters, as Redd Foxx pointed out a true class act in the sport

Ward made a good point can you imagine if it was Ward who was saying he was going to hurt Kov and break his arms how much negative publicity he'd receive. The guys maybe the biggest winner in the sport and a great representation of the sport and he gets hated by most of the boxing media doesn't make any sense.

Comment

Working...
                      X