• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
    Canelo is like: "Keep me away from him!..."
    Oscar ... "Leave him Saul ... just walk away ... he's not worth it ..."

Comment

Can't use that excuse when all we heard is how Alvarez demanded Trout and Lara. So which is it, he has the control to demand those fights or he doesn't?

If Alvarez wanted to fight Golovkin, the fight would be happening now.

Comment

He's not blaming his team, he's using it as an excuse. He says this stuff all the time, like when questions about why he was fighting at 155 pounds he says stuff like "I do what me and my team feels is best for me" etc.

At the end of the day, Oscar works for Canelo, not the other way around. If Canelo demanded a Golovkin fight, like with Lara, he would have got it, plain and simple. Anyone who falls for this crap is foolish. It's the same with Pacquiao and Mayweather and any other huge star. They call the shots and sign the contracts at the end of the day. Canelo isn't some up & coming fighter, he's a big time star.

Comment

to fight runner lara, he forced his team to get the fight done, to fight puncher ggg, well i have to work with my team......

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            Can't use that excuse when all we heard is how Alvarez demanded Trout and Lara. So which is it, he has the control to demand those fights or he doesn't?

Trout and Lara...
            Let's see:

In the Trout fight they used "open scoring", right?
            As about the Lara fight: they made it at 155; Lara preserved his title at 154 and took the money; therefore Canelo won a "hard fought fight" on the scoring cards.

Comment

man, this guy should just fight and stop making remarks that make him look worse, as if the "Mexicans aint *****es" thing wasnt bad enough

Comment

Nelo is even worse than eubanjk. All this talking but can't find pen

Comment

Cant fully blame his team, if he REALLY wanted the fight he would tell oscar to just make it like he did with Lara. If canelo beats smith and tells ocscar he wants to fight GGG next, nothing is gonna stop the fight from happening.

Comment

It sounds reasonable and I believe him. His team raised up up from a 15 year old or maybe earlier. Of course he is going to let them make the final call on who he fights. I think Canelo is a fearless fighter even if his team is not so fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post

Yep exactly.

He "demanded" Lara when his team said he doesn't need to go that route. So what's changed?

I wish there was some decent journalists who would ask these questions but they wouldn't dare. They won't get their press passes to the events if they ask challenging questions and demand truth.

Comment

Working...
                      X