Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we say that Golovkin is this era's Mike Tyson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And as usual on this idiotic forum, most people miss the central point/question of this thread. Devolving into the usual nonsense, reminding me why I stopped posting.

Better to follow knowledgeable people on Twitter than wade through the **** on here.

Comment

the best fighter GGG has fought is brook,he said so himself.also GGG said he lost all rounds but 1 against brook.also GGG has said he'll fight anyone from 154 to 168 but he's clearly lying.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
        Its an insult to compare Tyson to Gennady but I CAN UNDERSTAND where you're coming from... Golovkin is WAY SUPERIOR plus he is disciplined and not a crackhead. P4P Golovkin hits harder. If they fought in their primes at a catchweight of 175, Gennady would demolish Tyson easily. He is like Tyson in the sense he is the terror of boxing, but Gennady is the MOST FEARED and MOST powerful fighter in boxing history, EASILY.
        Ok. I'm a GGG fan. I think he has skills (assuming he was just pressing for a KO last Saturday) but you go way too far. Most feared? Hmmm. Never heard of Dempsey? Liston? Foreman? These men were feared. Mike Tyson, from the bob and weave, to the black sockless shoes, to the towel with a hole cut out, to "Iron Mike" all were patterned after Dempsey.

What about Duran? Aaron Pryor? Monzon?

Hey, lets not forget about Nigel Benn.

GGG is good. He's the best middleweight since Bernard Hopkins. In my opinion he would easily take Kelly Pavlik and Jermain Taylor. But let's be real. He's not an ATG yet. If he walks through Jacobs, BJS and Canelo - then we can start talking about where he ranks. Until then ... We can only guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Guerrero's Dad View Post
          I've heard it all now
          Like I said, Salido isn't a better fighter than Golovkin.

But skill wise? He's definitely more skilled or at the very least it's arguable.

Salido has better head movment, better counterpunching, better inside game, and has obviously shown it against much higher level of opposition.

Comment

And as usual on this idiotic forum, most people miss the central point/question of this thread. Devolving into the usual nonsense, reminding me why I stopped posting.

Better to follow knowledgeable people on Twitter than wade through the **** on here.
            Why don't you just **** off then mate?

What's the point in posting if you're going to cry like a baby when people don't agree with your opinion

Better off without you.

Comment

Golovkin the most powerful fighter in history? Come on man. I like GGG but relax

Comment

You are fooking kidding me, right?

Do you guys it's just huge punching power that gets the job done?

Golovkin is without a shadow of a doubt of the most skilled fighters in the game, if not THE most skilled fighter.

Offensive isn't skills? Footwork isn't skills? Fluid combinations? Creating openings? Great punching power off either hand, of different punches? Fantastic body punches? Perfect balance? A jab that nullifies and also breaks eye sockets?

What the fooking hell do you consider skills?

Oh, I forgot. Skills is speed and being able to fight off the back foot and being defensively savvy.

Golovkin doesn't have skills

Only on NSB

He has skills but his skills are overrated by the media plus they are extremely one sided. He is used to opponents who don't dare to hit back at him so he can't defend himself for ****. His defense is his offense but if someone hits back his level of defense is barely better than the likes of Rios or Provodnkov. He just uses his offense more intelligently.

So while he is skilled on the front foot he is not all that on the backfoot/defense. You can say now the overused "he is an Olympian though" argument but I'll stick by what I see o his fight and as I see he can be tagged up pretty easily.
                He also isn't skilled when it comes to fighting on the inside.

So he is skilled but because the lack of adaptability and not being well rounded I predict that he would be completely shot without plan B if someone would force him to make major adjustments... He is very good what he does well but in other ares not so much...
                That's why I will always put the likes of Crawford, Ward, Lomacheko, or Rigondeaux ahead of him in terms of pure skills.

Same rules apply to Kovalev btw...
                Let's say none of them are dumb plodders but they are also not the most skilled fighters in the sport as someone claims...

Tyson in his prime was more skilled than Golovkin
                He could do what Golovkin does now, he maybe didn't cut the ring off so prolific but he made up for it with faster footwork, faster handspeed, better defense (peek-a-boo) and the ability to fight on the inside too.
                Tyso had his own flaws which are well known today but he was a more well rounded, better fighter than Golovkin, in his prime anyways...

Comment

Yes! To the fringe fan of boxing defiantly!
                  The KO ratio is similar, the promo as to be ferocious is a selling point and the demeanor inside the ring is reminiscing.
                  Stylistically their very different but the casual fan doesn't recognize those attributes.
                  It is a rare occasion to have a dominate person in boxing whose dominance is established with punching power. In the past 15 years it has been boxing skills that have succeeded in the sport.

As to the best Middleweight Ever? He has a looooong way to go to be that!
                  His power is good but he hasn't hit any great chins as of late. He also hasn't been hit by power either. The upper cut he didn't see from Kell was very impressive the way he ate it because it had good technique and it came from a 175lb. man. What you don't see "can hurt you" in boxing even if the puncher isn't known for power.
                  He's good, not great!

Ray

" and the ability to fight on the inside too" (Tyson) thats not true at all.
                  Mike tied opponents up on the inside. Your mistaken his work when opponents had their backs on the ropes.
                  Last edited by Ray Corso; 09-13-2016, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    Like I said, Salido isn't a better fighter than Golovkin.

But skill wise? He's definitely more skilled or at the very least it's arguable.

Salido has better head movment, better counterpunching, better inside game, and has obviously shown it against much higher level of opposition.
                    WOW,youre crazier than i thought

Comment

No

Comment

Working...
                      X