Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we say that Golovkin is this era's Mike Tyson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we say that Golovkin is this era's Mike Tyson?

(yeah yeah, both feasted on bums etc whatever)

A seek and destroy fighter with huge punching power and backed up with tremendous, unique offensive skills?

I know the styles are different but the mission is the same. Even when he's more reserved and respectful of punching power (Stevens, Lemieux), he eventually breaks them downs and gets them out before the full 12 rounds.

So many people I have spoken to since the fight who were Brook fans have told me that they can't remember a fight where they felt such a palpable sense of danger from the other fighter.

No because Tysons was not only feared but he was also respected. Atleast Tyson stepped up

Comment

Tyson doesn't have any stopppages in the later rounds.

GGG carries his power late. No stamina issues. Not a head case either.

GGG is also more skilled boxer. Olympic silver. Tyson wasn't even on the team.

Comment

I don't see these apparent tremendous skills.

Comment

Nobody want's to fight him. It's the truth.

Comment

we have to wait for 3g to finally have a living opponent (not a huge UNDERDOG). when tyson fought his 1st real opponent......

Comment

Tyson got KOed by a journeyman in his prime. I'm not sure if GGG will ever live up to those high aspirations

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                Me either......

Comment

Its an insult to compare Tyson to Gennady but I CAN UNDERSTAND where you're coming from... Golovkin is WAY SUPERIOR plus he is disciplined and not a crackhead. P4P Golovkin hits harder. If they fought in their primes at a catchweight of 175, Gennady would demolish Tyson easily. He is like Tyson in the sense he is the terror of boxing, but Gennady is the MOST FEARED and MOST powerful fighter in boxing history, EASILY.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    Originally posted by larryusa View Post
                    Me either......
                    You are fooking kidding me, right?

Do you guys it's just huge punching power that gets the job done?

Golovkin is without a shadow of a doubt of the most skilled fighters in the game, if not THE most skilled fighter.

Offensive isn't skills? Footwork isn't skills? Fluid combinations? Creating openings? Great punching power off either hand, of different punches? Fantastic body punches? Perfect balance? A jab that nullifies and also breaks eye sockets?

What the fooking hell do you consider skills?

Oh, I forgot. Skills is speed and being able to fight off the back foot and being defensively savvy.

Golovkin doesn't have skills

Only on NSB

Comment

Working...
                    X