Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we say that Golovkin is this era's Mike Tyson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guerrero's Dad View Post
    You are fooking kidding me, right?

Do you guys it's just huge punching power that gets the job done?

Golovkin is without a shadow of a doubt of the most skilled fighters in the game, if not THE most skilled fighter.

Offensive isn't skills? Footwork isn't skills? Fluid combinations? Creating openings? Great punching power off either hand, of different punches? Fantastic body punches? Perfect balance? A jab that nullifies and also breaks eye sockets?

What the fooking hell do you consider skills?

Oh, I forgot. Skills is speed and being able to fight off the back foot and being defensively savvy.

Golovkin doesn't have skills

Only on NSB
    Why talk garbage? I've never said nor implied anything you've said in your childish response.

#1, I never said he doesn't have skills. I said he doesn't have "tremendous skills"

He has a skill set yes, he's not a guy with very limited skills but he's also not a guy with an overly great amount of skills.

His power and chin mixed with generally poor oppositon are huge factors to his success thus far.

Comment

GGG is the most exciting fighter right now like mike tyson was in his days, that is the truth

differece is fighters in tysons time had balls unlike this era so full of pampered babies like canelita

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
        Its an insult to compare Tyson to Gennady but I CAN UNDERSTAND where you're coming from... Golovkin is WAY SUPERIOR plus he is disciplined and not a crackhead. P4P Golovkin hits harder. If they fought in their primes at a catchweight of 175, Gennady would demolish Tyson easily. He is like Tyson in the sense he is the terror of boxing, but Gennady is the MOST FEARED and MOST powerful fighter in boxing history, EASILY.

Comment

I thought this after the fight. He's maybe not as good but he's like the Tyson of our day.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Why talk garbage? I've never said nor implied anything you've said in your childish response.

#1, I never said he doesn't have skills. I said he doesn't have "tremendous skills"

He has a skill set yes, he's not a guy with very limited skills but he's also not a guy with an overly great amount of skills.

His power and chin mixed with generally poor oppositon are huge factors to his success thus far.
            I said "tremendous, unique offensive skills"

So why don't you name me those offensive juggernauts since Mike who have a better offensive skillset than Golovkin?

Tell me what he lacks as an offensive fighter, skill wise. If his skills aren't "overly great", tell me who had great offensive skills Golovkin couldy only dream of having.

I mean, ever since the Ouma fight, he has basically destroyed every fighter he has faced. They are all getting taken out.

But please, tell me what he lacks offensively. And which fighters since Mike did it better than him offensively.

Comment

Originally posted by Adonis Creed View Post
              I thought this after the fight. He's maybe not as good but he's like the Tyson of our day.
              Beating down every single who has the balls to face him, all with his "not overly great skills".

Imagine if he had some better offensive skill, huh.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                I don't see these apparent tremendous skills.

All I see is he's from Kazakhstan.
                We know why you deny his skills.

Comment

(yeah yeah, both feasted on bums etc whatever)

A seek and destroy fighter with huge punching power and backed up with tremendous, unique offensive skills?

I know the styles are different but the mission is the same. Even when he's more reserved and respectful of punching power (Stevens, Lemieux), he eventually breaks them downs and gets them out before the full 12 rounds.

So many people I have spoken to since the fight who were Brook fans have told me that they can't remember a fight where they felt such a palpable sense of danger from the other fighter.
                  Mike had a solid resume. His atyle was different. GGG has an ok resume. He has defended his belt vs top 15 contenders each time out.

There is no denying that other contenders at 160 ducked GGG .its fact that has been recorded.

The lineal champs ducked GGG as he was the mandatory to the belts they held in martinez cotto and canelo.

Haters just love to troll GGG really.

Comment

GGG's resume is just as good as Tyson's imo.

Tyson's best win is Spinks. GGG's Kell win erases that. both coming up in weight. Spinks was over the hill and Kell is in his prime. Still can achieve greatness.

How many title defenses did Mike have?

the only difference is GGG didn't get bullied and KTFO by a bum like Mike was. In his prime too. GGG is no longer in prime yet STILL....

Comment

(yeah yeah, both feasted on bums etc whatever)

A seek and destroy fighter with huge punching power and backed up with tremendous, unique offensive skills?

I know the styles are different but the mission is the same. Even when he's more reserved and respectful of punching power (Stevens, Lemieux), he eventually breaks them downs and gets them out before the full 12 rounds.

So many people I have spoken to since the fight who were Brook fans have told me that they can't remember a fight where they felt such a palpable sense of danger from the other fighter.
                      Tyson was a YOUNG Champion that fought before millions every time out.

Comment

Working...
                      X